Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What kind of planet do we really want?

Quote Originally Posted by Sickness View Post
    Taxation during the democratic era has increased from like 5% to 40%.
    yes but back then they didn't provide free schooling, better roads, programs for jobs and other things. they got and paid for protected by the government....... that was it really. roads were built for military and citizens just moved near them

but yeah 40% is high. lets cut the research on stuff we don't give a **** about (google dumbest american researches)

Quote Originally Posted by Phidaux View Post
    so in answer to the original post, what kind of planet do i want? one where the swiss are in charge of setting it up because it seems they know what they are doing!
    basicly set up a greek style government. with the tech we have today we can EASILY do this (take hacking away). Swiss is a small country but a spread out one due to mountains yet they can do this so they have to be using tech to do it
    Last edited by novabomb; 07-08-2015 at 02:45 PM.

We can argue about crazy people blowing themselves up and sh1t. But has anyone of you ever asked yourself why we allowed it to happen? What is the true cause of religious extremists? What made them hate their present lives? They were all once simple people like the rest of us. The things they lack are education (as cush said), finances and a normal country to live in. But their countries got destroyed by 'democratic' elite hungry for power and extreme wealth. In times like that they turn to the only thing they can understand - religion. Look at Middle East - Iraq was once a wealthy country, wealthier than Switzerland if you want. Libya also. I know this because I travelled across those countries. Some of their buildings were unseen even in western societies. Very welcoming people, helpfull, cheerfull, pleased with their lives. Now we can say they were rulled by dictators, but it worked for them. Then democracy came. They had oil, they had money, they needed to give most of it to the elite. They refused, and got burned. Now you got Islamic state thriving in those territories. It all changed in 10 years. Seems impossible? Find pictures of Iraq before war and see for yourself. Don't just trust everything you read in papers and see on TV. Use your head. The founding country of democracy, Greece, had a referendum a few days ago, where the demos decided enough is enough. They are close to leaving European Union. Why? Because it became everything democracy shouldn't have become. As for Americans, do you know how many proud parents I have met that lost their sons in recent wars? And for what? Democracy? I don't think so. But still, TV tells them to be proud cos their son gave his life for his country in some far, far land named Iraq (it used to be in the name of God, now it's in the name of democracy and holy dollar). Now, give them a map and tell them to point at Iraq, see how many of them can fing it...
    Last edited by ElDiavolo; 07-09-2015 at 01:34 PM.

And to think I was afraid of sounding too pessimistic when I posted the first paragraph of this thread...

All well and good to vent your frustrations guys. Lord knows I want to often enough. But I was hoping for better.

We humans only have one another.

No god or some Elohims from another planet will take us by the hand.

We must find a way. Only we.

It is simply a matter of forging our own destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildor View Post
    And to think I was afraid of sounding too pessimistic when I posted the first paragraph of this thread...

All well and good to vent your frustrations guys. Lord knows I want to often enough. But I was hoping for better.

We humans only have one another.

No god or some Elohims from another planet will take us by the hand.

We must find a way. Only we.

It is simply a matter of forging our own destiny.
    My advice, make yourself happy. There is no longer a greater good. We've got people who think we shouldn't complain about getting F'd in the A because at least we don't have it as bad as the people getting F'd in the A and F'd in the mouth.

Just because we have the best system doesn't mean we have a good one. It just means it's better than all the other horrible ones.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

It just seems that everyone want's to ignore the progress made by mankind, and instead act like all that is happening in the world is something new.

the areas of the world that have yet to adopt some sort of democratic style government which allows the people a voice are the ones that still have the hardest time. However the choas going on in those area's is nothing new, in fact it is by far tamer then it has ever been if you review the history of those area's.

Now as the original post stated, the global communication is better, people are better informed, and people are better edcuated. With that said more and more of the global community are shocked by what the learn about in other parts of the globe and rightfully so. Just 100 years ago anything going on in the middle east stayed in the middle east, and no one gave a care about it spoke about, and wanted to do anything about it. It is only a recent development that people think more global.

Think about it

Slavery has almost become a thing of the past globally, and yes it still exist's however when it becomes public knowledge like with Nike sweat shops of 8 yr olds making shoes the world outrage causes change.

Womans rights globally are getting better not worse

It comes across at least to me that some think that democratic governments are to blame for everything wrong in the world when in fact all of the global change for the better is from those democratic governments.

Yes greed is rampant, it has occured since the start of man though and is nothing new. When the world was run by monarch's and kings and pharaoh's greed was no less present, yes the people were taxed less but only because they were slaves and earned nothing, owned nothing, and the only right they had was to live to make the ruler a better life. You think the people who built the Pryamids were happy to be slaves?

Come on people, sure things need to get better, and they are always getting better. Ask your great grand parents and grand parents how great the early 1900's were with women in the world with no rights, blacks with no rights, slavery still an issue, 4 major global conflicts with millions killed on all sides.

Read some history books and review all the killing and wars in the area from western Europe to China. That entire region of the world has been in some sort of conflict for 1000's of years almost non stop. All the Genocide in Africa, i could go on and on and on. Yes there is still chaos, however parts of that area are slowy coming around, learning to govern better, give their people more rights and a better life BECOME DEMOCRATIC!

I am not saying that we don't continue to progress, i am just saying that democracy is what starts the change, give the power to the people (within reason) and allow for people to grow. Will it go wrong some time? of course

Evony is almost like a microcosm of society.

you have your Elite that take advantage of everthing the game has to offer, lead and teach people to play better, and control the game and server they play on

you have your middle class that listen to the elite and do what they say and work to make the group better as a whole but do not take advantage of every thing the game and group have to offer

You have your lower class lazy social players that just like to hang around and chat and watch the fireworks, they do not want to be involved in making any effort to better themselves or their group.

you have your poor that do next to nothing in the game to help themselves, are a virus in a group and therefore are not even in one most likely

and lastly you have your fanatics that go above and beyond and use every cheat and trick in the book to try and topple the elite. They do not add any value to the world (server) and in fact make it worse for all.

and when the fanatics take over, the elite move on and let the area pretty much destroy themselves until the time is right to come back and regain control.

in Evony until the fanatics leave or the game is completely destroyed nothing much will change

in the world until the fanatics are destroyed and defeated nothing good will be where ever they are.

Greed is good as long as it does not go unchecked, and that is what a democracy is meant to prevent- un checked greed. with a proper running democracy everyone should flourish and have a voicee to keep things in check.

People complain that top CEO's are greedy?

who is more greedy? the CEO that earns 15 mill a year but employ's 20,000 people at a reasonable wage and provides a profitable company that earns money for it's investors, or the football player that earns 50 mill a year, employ's no one, and plays on a losing team? Because everyone will complain about the CEO who has years and years of experiance and schooling, however almost no one says a word about the football player.

The real issue is that people have an inability to step out of their shell and see the world, they would rather sit around and complain about how bad something is, or how someone got something and they did not. Most will remain in that state of mind and be the poor and lower class, others will become fanatics and try and ruin everythin for everyone, few will become the middle class trying to make it better for themselves, and even fewer will become the elite to try and fix it for all.

So before you go bashing the elite and the concept of greed remeber that you are on your computer in a forum of an online game with electricity to your home, and hopefully warm and clothed and fed and not slaving away building a pryamid or strip mining for res in the congo for a cup of broth at the end of the day. And all of that is because you have some elite trying to make your quality of life better, creating jobs and industry, discovering new ideas and new ways of doing things, and yes sending some muscle from time to time to beat the crap out of the fanatics!

So unless you all have some wonderful new way of doing something, my vote is to try and get the world to become more democratic then it already is, because anyone who thinks we would be better off with a monarchy must think that the middle east is working great and that all the previous 1000's of years were wonderful when the globe worked as slaves for the few monarchy's and you were lucky if you had a small piece of land you could call home (which the monarch took 10% of what you grew, plus the local representative took some more, and etc. etc.!), which you farmed until your ripe old age of 25-30 when you died! unless of course you died before that when some other local tribe/kingdom/religious group/ etc. came over slaughtered you and took you land!

Yes i believe democracy works far better than anything before it, and while it is far from perfect it is a step in the correct direction.

Happy Hunting!
    Phidaux

I really wish you would stop talking about the middle east. I respect you too much to think you're that stupid to say that their problems are their types of governments.
    SS37

Less QQ more PewPew

Quote Originally Posted by Prodigy the 5 View Post
    cush has a point... and he is right
    Ya.

Some people mixing frogs with unicorns. I read a book a couple of years ago by a 'profound' philosopher Francis F,ukuyama named The end of history?. In it he states similar things, democracy is the ultimate form of government, nothing better could be invented, so the history has ended. Kinda like Utopian society. Until financial crisis hit the globe, and the stock markets across the world crashed. Now you may ask yourself why that happened. It's simple, you cannot have real estate prices rising constantly, because you come to a point when nobody can continue paying for their credits, mortgages, hospital bills, food... So now you have thousands of properties being put on a public actions for some ridiculous price, bringing the prices of all the other properties down, therefor costing big investments funds billions of dollars. Plus you have people who payed lets say 250k for their house ended up with a 100k property. Seems familiar to anyone? Happened twice in 20th century lol. How come? Well, those investment funds control the government. They pay for campaigns, they pay for lobbyists, they control everything. And in the end, American tax payers paid for their mistakes, government paid off their debts, billions of tax payers money. No liberal economy there, more like so******m or communism if you ask me.

To cut the long story short, democracy isn't working and never will, because people will never have a say about anything really. And about elections, don't get your hopes up, you don't get to elect anyone, the next 2 or 3 presidents have already been projected, world rullers will not allow for a bombshell to come to power and mess things up for them.

Edit: Lol, it won't let me spell Fu,kuyama

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Quote Originally Posted by 136 Ghost View Post
    we're letting him out more - hoping someone can interpret for us
    06-28-2011 09:16 PM SickbyDefinition I'm not sure why you can't comprehend the fact that children are on these forums. Hien?..............

9. Default

I am doing my part to "save" the environment.

I am going to go help suck all of the oil out of the ground so then we won't have to worry about it anymore.

Obviously we need another plague. Maybe even in the western world where all the ******bags are

The wheels of survival are greased more readily by easy lies than hard truths.