Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 133

Thread: Fix some glitches and get people interested again.

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Living The Dream
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LBTRAD View Post
    lol... Just lol... Dave I believe has logged in once over the past 3 months... Evony is a dead game these days... The devs dont even want to show up xD
    ay lmao.
    Sickness
    Retired: Na1,Na32,Na41,Na57,Na58,Na59
    Mech first, ask questions later.

    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth
    Sickness has a valid point.
    Ya.

  2. #12

    Default

    Sure anyone dedicated enough can work the system but you don't have to make it easy on them, make them go out and search for or be forced to buy 200 proxies.

    Warmachine / Ras al Ghul / WarM / Rick Grimes / Mr Snuffleupagus / Hysteria

    Na9 Warfare/Na29 Immortal/Na41 Warfare/Na50 Warfare/Na52 X/Na54 X/na55 141/Na57 300/Na58 365/Na59 300/Na60 Muppets/Na62 61616/

  3. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WarM View Post
    Sure anyone dedicated enough can work the system but you don't have to make it easy on them, make them go out and search for or be forced to buy 200 proxies.
    I have a better idea, how about limiting the amount of accounts that can be ran based on the computer mac address? Oh wait I already suggested that It would certainly eliminate the old "What if I am on a college network", I guess botters could always say, what if there is only one computer in the whole campus lol I think if Evony truly wanted to limit accounts, they could. Perhaps it does not suit their business model to do so.

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eminim View Post
    I have a better idea, how about limiting the amount of accounts that can be ran based on the computer mac address? Oh wait I already suggested that It would certainly eliminate the old "What if I am on a college network", I guess botters could always say, what if there is only one computer in the whole campus lol I think if Evony truly wanted to limit accounts, they could. Perhaps it does not suit their business model to do so.
    how is this meant to stop vps use? there is only one way to stop multi accounting and that is to stop res movement between accounts in all forms ie transporting plundering medic transfer and pvp valley farming

  5. #15
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Living The Dream
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffridah View Post
    how is this meant to stop vps use? there is only one way to stop multi accounting and that is to stop res movement between accounts in all forms ie transporting plundering medic transfer and pvp valley farming
    lmao. So ruin the game to stop multiaccounting, would be better to just close the game down if that were to be the case. For age 2 the answer is simple. Remove colonization and alts will basically go away. For age 1 the problem is a bit more tricky. Age 1 is honestly a lost cause in my book. Theres not many ways of fixing multiaccounting without ruining the game. If evony bans the huge multiaccounters on Age 1 they are also going to lose a big profit because those guys coin a ton.
    Sickness
    Retired: Na1,Na32,Na41,Na57,Na58,Na59
    Mech first, ask questions later.

    Quote Originally Posted by cushseth
    Sickness has a valid point.
    Ya.

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffridah View Post
    how is this meant to stop vps use? there is only one way to stop multi accounting and that is to stop res movement between accounts in all forms ie transporting plundering medic transfer and pvp valley farming
    Now now my young padawan. Vps cost $$ so if evony limited a mac address use say to two accounts. Then how many VPS will it take to run 30 accounts? The mac address would kill all the alliances running in one single server. They would be forced to buy allot of vps or comply. Can you imagine an idiot with one windows server and 30 hyper-v accounts just to run 60 bots, forget about being able to log into one to manage all of them. They would need to get on each individual windows instance to manage just the two bots in it. Again Macadress would all but kill bots for most people and it would certainly deter the most determined individuals. Then of course there are aws and google VPS, microsoft azure. Not hard to check for any connection from a server and black ball those automatically. There is never a reason for a ligitimate player to be connecting from a VPS from one of the big vps providers. By the way, most of those providers charge approximately 5 to 8 dollars per ip and or mac. Only people that would speak against this approach are people that want to continue to multibot. You want to launch a spear into multi bot proliferation, then limit the amount of accounts that can connect to evony servers by using the mac adress of the nic card.
    Last edited by Eminim; 08-10-2015 at 02:53 PM.

  7. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eminim View Post
    Now now my young padawan. Vps cost $$ so if evony limited a mac address use say to two accounts. Then how many VPS will it take to run 30 accounts? The mac address would kill all the alliances running in one single server. They would be forced to buy allot of vps or comply. Can you imagine an idiot with one windows server and 30 hyper-v accounts just to run 60 bots, forget about being able to log into one to manage all of them. They would need to get on each individual windows instance to manage just the two bots in it. Again Macadress would all but kill bots for most people and it would certainly deter the most determined individuals. Then of course there are aws and google VPS, microsoft azure. Not hard to check for any connection from a server and black ball those automatically. There is never a reason for a ligitimate player to be connecting from a VPS from one of the big vps providers. By the way, most of those providers charge approximately 5 to 8 dollars per ip and or mac. Only people that would speak against this approach are people that want to continue to multibot. You want to launch a spear into multi bot proliferation, then limit the amount of accounts that can connect to evony servers by using the mac adress of the nic card.
    no if you want to limit accounts you have to do it the way i suggest you even admit it is possible to run as many accounts as you want/can afford sure it will slow poor people down but it wont do anything to coiners its like saying if we make pult heros around lvl 1100 people wont be able to get a pult hero so easy, next server opens and boom some noob that cant play for $h!t coins a pult hero what your suggesting is just a way to annoy people until they find a way around it what im suggesting will work

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sickness View Post
    lmao. So ruin the game to stop multiaccounting, would be better to just close the game down if that were to be the case. For age 2 the answer is simple. Remove colonization and alts will basically go away. For age 1 the problem is a bit more tricky. Age 1 is honestly a lost cause in my book. Theres not many ways of fixing multiaccounting without ruining the game. If evony bans the huge multiaccounters on Age 1 they are also going to lose a big profit because those guys coin a ton.
    well im not sure about ruining the game, it would fix it, a lot of actual good players will return to the game. Idk what planet your on but most massive multi accounters spend little to nothing a lot that do spend, charge back. Im not sure how the small profits from a couple of people that run 500 alts covers the cost of the strain on the servers. The more accounts people have the less money they need to spend, alts for res, alts for items, excals onwars ect. Ostensibly the game would be ruined for you and people like you. The game would be a lot more fun with only 1 account, armies would be a realistic size and there would be a lot more team work. People would also need to learn how to play, they would need to learn the mechanics, rather than just spamming mech waves and scout bombs. I never said to ban anyone, everyone can have their alts they just wont be very useful and they will be hard to build and maintain.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffridah View Post
    no if you want to limit accounts you have to do it the way i suggest you even admit it is possible to run as many accounts as you want/can afford sure it will slow poor people down but it wont do anything to coiners its like saying if we make pult heros around lvl 1100 people wont be able to get a pult hero so easy, next server opens and boom some noob that cant play for $h!t coins a pult hero what your suggesting is just a way to annoy people until they find a way around it what im suggesting will work
    If someone wants to spend thousands of dollars to own a server then instead of ruining the game as you suggest, evony can offer servers for sale to the public. That would certainly put the money in the right pocket. Money would go to evony, Instead of the server farms, Imagine the 1000s of dollars they would spend to to server farms in order to run 400 alliance accounts.

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eminim View Post
    If someone wants to spend thousands of dollars to own a server then instead of ruining the game as you suggest, evony can offer servers for sale to the public. That would certainly put the money in the right pocket. Money would go to evony, Instead of the server farms, Imagine the 1000s of dollars they would spend to to server farms in order to run 400 alliance accounts.
    Imagine how much money they would save only needing to spend 2k instead of the 20k. They would spend now and be so much bigger than everyone else because everyone else can't afford to have as many accounts. your suggestion is extremely flawed.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •