Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fix some glitches and get people interested again.

Quote Originally Posted by Sickness View Post
    I just speak the truth. And you're suggesting I have a superiority complex? I didn't go spouting off about how i get an instant pult hero every server and how i'm the best evony player to have ever played, when we all know the best players that ever played no longer play. I merely stated the fact that I am better than you. Maybe spend less time asking people from server 1 to 194 who I am, and more time asking people how to get better at this game .
    my mistake

http://prntscr.com/83p6ws

sorry that i misunderstood everything you said. il help you out and try get the dictionary changed so word definitions mean what you want them to.

Yeah if you think you are better than me. Then we have to fight. I am giving people an opportunity to prove they are better than me. For some reason no one has ever taken me up on it though. and as far as Age 2 is concerned, Yeah I am the King, I've never been broke, never lost an HC or a Normal city. So like i tell everyone else, If you don't think I am the king of age 2, Beat me and prove it. But until that day comes i will continue to call myself the King. I helped break 2 16s, Then a day later helped break Atlantis, then 2 days later solo'd a 16 on Na58. There, thats what a superiority complex looks like. As for my profile, It was a joke between me and some alliance mates one night. The quote "I'm better than you and if you disagree we have to fight" is a modified quote from the movie Kingdom of Heaven. As far as being a King, Yeah i am one of the best players on Age 2, but between myself and players like Cyclone and WarMachine (the OP). It's tough to call one of us the king, as we're friends so there hasn't been proper contest to determine who is the best.
    Sickness
    Retired: Na1,Na32,Na41,Na57,Na58,Na59
    Mech first, ask questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth
    Sickness has a valid point.
    Ya.

Yeah if you think you are better than me. Then we have to fight. I am giving people an opportunity to prove they are better than me. For some reason no one has ever taken me up on it though. and as far as Age 2 is concerned, Yeah I am the King, I've never been broke, never lost an HC or a Normal city. So like i tell everyone else, If you don't think I am the king of age 2, Beat me and prove it. But until that day comes i will continue to call myself the King. I helped break 2 16s, Then a day later helped break Atlantis, then 2 days later solo'd a 16 on Na58. There, thats what a superiority complex looks like. As for my profile, It was a joke between me and some alliance mates one night. The quote "I'm better than you and if you disagree we have to fight" is a modified quote from the movie Kingdom of Heaven. As far as being a King, Yeah i am one of the best players on Age 2, but between myself and players like Cyclone and WarMachine (the OP). It's tough to call one of us the king, as we're friends so there hasn't been proper contest to determine who is the best.
    ooh ok i'm not the best at age 2. I don't even want to be average at age 2. I don't even want to be the best at age 1. it just is what it is

Ladies and Gents lets not lose sight of the point here. It has been established that Rufri has the mind of an imbecil, please note that I did not say he is an imbecil. We have also established that limiting accounts by tying mac adresses and ip's to individual accounts Is the way to go. Now I will take my bold and revolutionary idea one step further, how about outright banning any ip's that come from commercial web hosting companies? So now the guys with money cannot buy blocks of ip's to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Eminim View Post
    Ladies and Gents lets not lose sight of the point here. It has been established that Rufri has the mind of an imbecil, please note that I did not say he is an imbecil. We have also established that limiting accounts by tying mac adresses and ip's to individual accounts Is the way to go. Now I will take my bold and revolutionary idea one step further, how about outright banning any ip's that come from commercial web hosting companies? So now the guys with money cannot buy blocks of ip's to use.
    or instead hows about just stop res movement and not ban anyone and have 100% 0 feeders and 100s of times less work and hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by Eminim View Post
    how about outright banning any ip's that come from commercial web hosting companies? So now the guys with money cannot buy blocks of ip's to use.
    The Technology just isn't there yet.

But yeah that is one option. I am by no means an expert on the interwebs, but it seems like players would possibly be able to bypass this by using proxies from non mainstream web hosts. Idk if there is a way to tell if a proxy is coming from a commercial web host or not. Like I have said earlier though, Just removing colonization from Age 2 will solve the problem there for the most part, Dedicated multiaccounters could always place their alts around their HCs and draft them that way but its a lot of effort and you would have to take the HCs without using troops gained from alts in the first place. When it comes to age 1 i've thought of ways to stop multiaccounting through in-game changes but theres not really anything that comes to mind. So evony would have to prevent alts by blocking IPs, Mac Addresses or whatever, as well as banning anyone that finds a loophole in the system, but that might be a bit too much work for evony's current business model. Less attention paid to the game = Less evony employees needing to be paid = More money for evony.
    Sickness
    Retired: Na1,Na32,Na41,Na57,Na58,Na59
    Mech first, ask questions later.

Quote Originally Posted by cushseth
    Sickness has a valid point.
    Ya.

The Technology just isn't there yet.

But yeah that is one option. I am by no means an expert on the interwebs, but it seems like players would possibly be able to bypass this by using proxies from non mainstream web hosts. Idk if there is a way to tell if a proxy is coming from a commercial web host or not. Like I have said earlier though, Just removing colonization from Age 2 will solve the problem there for the most part, Dedicated multiaccounters could always place their alts around their HCs and draft them that way but its a lot of effort and you would have to take the HCs without using troops gained from alts in the first place. When it comes to age 1 i've thought of ways to stop multiaccounting through in-game changes but theres not really anything that comes to mind. So evony would have to prevent alts by blocking IPs, Mac Addresses or whatever, as well as banning anyone that finds a loophole in the system, but that might be a bit too much work for evony's current business model. Less attention paid to the game = Less evony employees needing to be paid = More money for evony.
    or just stop res movement. problem solved. and if it makes you feel better they could half upkeep and double the res npc's hold. all in all it will fix the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffridah View Post
    or just stop res movement. problem solved. and if it makes you feel better they could half upkeep and double the res npc's hold. all in all it will fix the game.
    stopping res movement? sure will eliminate a single dump point used by 30 accounts and force the player to just hit 30 spots instead of 1, however it will by no means fix anything. it would also destroy the ability for team mates to send comfort food to city's getting hit until the player has the chance to log. city's would fall much faster, and the mega automated players that run spam 24/7 would run wild through a server in no time flat.

umm have to give you a giant

NOPE

Happy Hunting!
    Phidaux

Stopping res transfer might work to a certain degree, but it wouldn't stop multiaccounting, because, as we all know, alts are used for many other things besides being feeders. Some sort of IP limit has to be implemented as well, tho it's harder than you might think (Mac address might indeed be the best solution).

I second stopping res transfer, as long as there are other rewards implemented for breaking cities or big kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Phidaux View Post
    stopping res movement? sure will eliminate a single dump point used by 30 accounts and force the player to just hit 30 spots instead of 1, however it will by no means fix anything. it would also destroy the ability for team mates to send comfort food to city's getting hit until the player has the chance to log. city's would fall much faster, and the mega automated players that run spam 24/7 would run wild through a server in no time flat.

umm have to give you a giant

NOPE
    nice to see you dont understand the concept. the res cant be moved from any account to another account no matter how hard you want to plunder 30 different dumps. if you attack with 100k trans the and the defender does not defend they lose 1billion res but you do not gain the res