Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 170

Thread: Who is the best player on Age 1?

  1. #21

    Default

    Phidaux what is wrong with you in the head? You mention honor vs killing mech I reply with a logical and correct answer then you try fire back with heal vs archers. The orginal topic was honor vs mech on mech. To make it worse you were the one talking about 500million arch shields with max arch intel. Then you start posting reports of 0 honor hits vs non int arch d or mech on mech or phract waves or mechs in 5k none of which where 500million arch shields do you ever make any sense or you just like trolling the forums?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rock N Rollin to a town near you !!!
    Posts
    3,630

    Default Warning: wall of text!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sickness View Post
    You cant have the most knowledge in this game. I am fairly certain several people, myself included know exactly how mechanics work 100%. You can't know 101% how they work. So to say you are THE best is illogical.
    This is pretty much the case. You cant determine which player knows "The most" anymore. There are quite a large number of people who do understand the battle mechanics. Both age 1 and Age 2 players and by this probably age 3 as well. Evony is limited in how far you can take it, once you realize how everything fits together, there isn't much further you can go.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffridah View Post

    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?...Evony-Puzzle-7

    lets see how well you know your mechanics, 2 hit solve that
    Jeff's puzzles were a massive help when i was learning mechanics. He was a brilliant player, and those puzzles were a lot of fun. That one was a particular stumper. They mostly involved tweaking waves to change the order combat happened in. Required quite a lot of calcing for me in those days.


    I think at this point in the game, there is no "Best" just best on the day. even the best player can make mistakes. even the worst player can get lucky. You cant judge a player based on their largest kill, or "Best" hit, Because its purely luck as to what a defender will do. my sig has the current reining "phract kill" That Ive yet to see beaten, and that was VS an online defender. I was lucky he didn't change defense enough to effect my set, so i got to wipe his war city in 4 hits.

    That was probably the last time in recent months i actually had to plan my waves and tweak them for the utmost effect. It only worked because defender didn't realize my end game scenario that i was counting on that. It only worked because he never saw it coming. Does this make me a better player then cush? No. Does it make me a better player then anyone else? No. On the day, i got lucky. simple as that.

    The only skill involved was working out it "Could" be done in the first place. Then its all up to luck.

    The forums has (or had) a very large number of skilled players. do most of them tweak every hit they do in game to attack any given player? no. For the most part its too time consuming to fiddle fart around with a waves structure to break down what is likely an alt, which might move troops around and mess you up anyway? Its really not worth the effort. 3 waves will work just as well as two. However Jeff's puzzles are based on an in game situation, and as such, could be "possible" to occur. Chances of anyone taking the time to go "Well i might be able to wipe this in two waves if i change this...." is pretty slim. There is being troop conscious and then there is overdoing it.

    Most people will just send 3 derp waves over 2 well planned waves. for a while i tried attacking like that, planning every inch of my waves. I was a small war city in a sea of big fish, and as such i did a lot of damage, Then people started building 50m archers. Planning then means nothing unless you can catch them with trebs up or something. (and Vagabond has shown recently how bad of an idea that is for certain reds of mine)

    Now days the player with the access to the most war citys is the "Best" IF they have access to 30 war citys with a bill burn each and a solid knowledge of mechanics, They will beat you every time. While your trying to rebuild, they can just bring in a 3rd or a 4th or a 5th war city and keep you beat down.

    Sorry bout the long ass post!


    Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssfgrgawer View Post
    This is pretty much the case. You cant determine which player knows "The most" anymore. There are quite a large number of people who do understand the battle mechanics. Both age 1 and Age 2 players and by this probably age 3 as well. Evony is limited in how far you can take it, once you realize how everything fits together, there isn't much further you can go.



    Jeff's puzzles were a massive help when i was learning mechanics. He was a brilliant player, and those puzzles were a lot of fun. That one was a particular stumper. They mostly involved tweaking waves to change the order combat happened in. Required quite a lot of calcing for me in those days.


    I think at this point in the game, there is no "Best" just best on the day. even the best player can make mistakes. even the worst player can get lucky. You cant judge a player based on their largest kill, or "Best" hit, Because its purely luck as to what a defender will do. my sig has the current reining "phract kill" That Ive yet to see beaten, and that was VS an online defender. I was lucky he didn't change defense enough to effect my set, so i got to wipe his war city in 4 hits.

    That was probably the last time in recent months i actually had to plan my waves and tweak them for the utmost effect. It only worked because defender didn't realize my end game scenario that i was counting on that. It only worked because he never saw it coming. Does this make me a better player then cush? No. Does it make me a better player then anyone else? No. On the day, i got lucky. simple as that.

    The only skill involved was working out it "Could" be done in the first place. Then its all up to luck.

    The forums has (or had) a very large number of skilled players. do most of them tweak every hit they do in game to attack any given player? no. For the most part its too time consuming to fiddle fart around with a waves structure to break down what is likely an alt, which might move troops around and mess you up anyway? Its really not worth the effort. 3 waves will work just as well as two. However Jeff's puzzles are based on an in game situation, and as such, could be "possible" to occur. Chances of anyone taking the time to go "Well i might be able to wipe this in two waves if i change this...." is pretty slim. There is being troop conscious and then there is overdoing it.

    Most people will just send 3 derp waves over 2 well planned waves. for a while i tried attacking like that, planning every inch of my waves. I was a small war city in a sea of big fish, and as such i did a lot of damage, Then people started building 50m archers. Planning then means nothing unless you can catch them with trebs up or something. (and Vagabond has shown recently how bad of an idea that is for certain reds of mine)

    Now days the player with the access to the most war citys is the "Best" IF they have access to 30 war citys with a bill burn each and a solid knowledge of mechanics, They will beat you every time. While your trying to rebuild, they can just bring in a 3rd or a 4th or a 5th war city and keep you beat down.

    Sorry bout the long ass post!
    You shouldn't need to tweak every wave. Glance at a scout report you should have a fair idea what should be a good wave to send. I mean good not average and hope it does something. Most of what you just said is quite true but when it needs more then 3 waves to kill something you can be like well i will just send twice as many waves to get the job done. People should be wanting to learn why they should tweak things anyway.

    http://www.evonyurl.com/j6na51 <---- one of blackhands ram hits

    take this hit for example other then the layers being over layered by 499 and the hero there is something he should have done to ensure maximum efficiency regardless of which wave was landing but can you tell what it is, and why it would work???

  4. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssfgrgawer View Post
    This is pretty much the case. You cant determine which player knows "The most" anymore. There are quite a large number of people who do understand the battle mechanics. Both age 1 and Age 2 players and by this probably age 3 as well. Evony is limited in how far you can take it, once you realize how everything fits together, there isn't much further you can go.
    Exactly. there's a finite limit of knowledge, it's not an expanding game. And servers are very insular, they're their own little spheres. It's a game that's 6 years old now, and the last game changing thing to occur was the creation of gatebreakers.

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffridah View Post
    i think you should read why i mentioned spooner. I take the title of best player ever so it doesn't matter how many players are left. anything else nick?
    Pass me and account and fight me! Nah im just kidding i dont play anymore the way the game is run isn't fun to me anymore way to many sellers. Way to much lag plus the people who run it don't pay mind to it anymore. =\ im glad you know my first name

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffridah View Post
    Phidaux what is wrong with you in the head? You mention honor vs killing mech I reply with a logical and correct answer then you try fire back with heal vs archers. The orginal topic was honor vs mech on mech. To make it worse you were the one talking about 500million arch shields with max arch intel. Then you start posting reports of 0 honor hits vs non int arch d or mech on mech or phract waves or mechs in 5k none of which where 500million arch shields do you ever make any sense or you just like trolling the forums?
    1st the only one trolling is you

    Quote Originally Posted by Phidaux View Post
    sometimes the best approach is to make sure your target does not regain the heal in a battle. wipe out 700k bali/pult in a single wave and watch your target all of a sudden get the heal back.


    yes and i will spell it out for you as it seems to be flying over your head

    i mentioned a mech on mech because while an attacker is pounding on an archer shield many waves are going to dump honor on the target, however when the archer/mech ratio is off and you get to reach the mech all of a sudden the target dumps all it's honor. You time as many waves as possible with as many team mates as possible and watch when all of a sudden everyone drops to 10/13% heal.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffridah View Post
    See now those with elite game mechanic knowledge do better in these situations anyway. So it makes no difference if its now or then. where you think them having a wall hero makes a significant difference, it really doesn't. The more you talk the clearer it gets. Your understanding of the game is basic at best.

    and if you drop your targets honor to 0 he only gets the heal if you have honor your self, other wise you both get minimum heals (10%-13%) so 135937 mechs vs 609000 is still winning by far.
    http://ww.evonyurl.com/nxxi8d

    that is an example of what target city's look like today and even with elite game mechanics it comes down to troops available to hit with. When you show up with 2-3 mill mechs to attack something like that even if you're getting massive mech kills and "winning" as you say, your mechs are not going to outlast that target unless you can maintain the heal.

    almost everyone can post a great hit (well seems except for you as i have yet to see a wave you posted from a Ruffridah account doing anything, unless you want to count the hit from 4 years ago on a poorly set up mech garage). and i have agreed that game mechanic knowledge is good, however my exact quote was...

    Quote Originally Posted by Phidaux View Post
    game mechanics, while top on the list years ago have less of bearing on today's game. When your attacking with hundreds of millions of troops vs a target with 100's of millions of troops like was posted in another post, it becomes more about the heal then it does the most effcient wave.

    as to the heal with archers, again if when attacking it becomes a 0 honor fight due to using efficent waves, even if i am killing 1-2 mill archers a pop, i am losing 90-87% of my mech wave to do it, and unlike the above report i do not run around with 100's of millions of mechs. so sending a less efficent wave is wiser in order to make sure the target does not drop it's honor due to my efficent wave choices.

    and i did not say that game mechanics were not important, just LESS important then honor and heal rate management.

    you seem to in this post and others like to call out players for sending inefficent waves, having no skill, or knowledge of game mechanics. you refer to 4 year old post's by other players to try and back up your comments, and now seems your trying to name drop like you're someone people should respect or at least know.

    yes in an perfect world no one has automated accounts anymore, or instant wall hero's, or massive army's, however that is no longer the case. you find a target in 5k where the perfect wave is X, 10 secs before you land the walls completely change and troop ratio's are all different, and that is for the small targets. for the massive targets, the few waves that work are limited, everyone knows what they are how and why they work, so coming into the forums to brow beat people with "game mechanics" references from 4 years ago only shows you either no longer play the game and are here to just troll, never played a server longer than when the next one started, or just plain want to troll the forums trying to egg on a fight.


    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffridah View Post
    how do you get honor from attacking vs a war city??? in such a way that is going to affect you sets heal???
    statements like that mean you have little experiance vs. an online target, or at least vs. an online target that understands how to handle an attacker. How often are you up against targets like...

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/opfxn2 100 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/57ti79 50 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/sucspb 18 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/1aoa9a 73 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/e28nnt 25 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/w6ftee 71 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/c9ym4o 63 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/yzd6k9 59 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/yociok 53 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/97j1jw 13 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/c59l68 67 mill archer

    i have and continue to go after the large targets, and while yes not every wave is the most efficent, they do what is intended- kill and kill alot!

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffridah View Post
    http://www.evonyurl.com/j6na51 <---- one of blackhands ram hits

    take this hit for example other then the layers being over layered by 499 and the hero there is something he should have done to ensure maximum efficiency regardless of which wave was landing but can you tell what it is, and why it would work???


    the workers and trans had 0 net effect, and yes the layers only needed to be 1 in order to do what they are intended to do. and maybe sending a full 125k wave instead of 124500 would have netted a few more dead troops, and taking all the extra layers and sending more rams total would have netted even more dead horse. However were the workers and trans there for march cost due to range? is it possible the target was online and mixing up def? is it possible Black sent an effective wave but not the "perfect wave" just out of time constraints?

    Who knows, and really who cares?

    The target he was hitting was big, with an archer shield, and in compact and the most cost effective method to kill an archer shield is to jaq it to death, it appears black was trying to delayer his target in order to be able to jaq.

    If everyone had access to unlimited troops and all the best hero's then sure lets then sit around and see who did better with what they got. Everyone is limited to the troops and hero's they have available as well as the time they have to play as well as time on the target.


    Happy Hunting!
    Phidaux

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssfgrgawer View Post
    This is pretty much the case. You cant determine which player knows "The most" anymore. There are quite a large number of people who do understand the battle mechanics. Both age 1 and Age 2 players and by this probably age 3 as well. Evony is limited in how far you can take it, once you realize how everything fits together, there isn't much further you can go.



    Jeff's puzzles were a massive help when i was learning mechanics. He was a brilliant player, and those puzzles were a lot of fun. That one was a particular stumper. They mostly involved tweaking waves to change the order combat happened in. Required quite a lot of calcing for me in those days.


    I think at this point in the game, there is no "Best" just best on the day. even the best player can make mistakes. even the worst player can get lucky. You cant judge a player based on their largest kill, or "Best" hit, Because its purely luck as to what a defender will do. my sig has the current reining "phract kill" That Ive yet to see beaten, and that was VS an online defender. I was lucky he didn't change defense enough to effect my set, so i got to wipe his war city in 4 hits.

    That was probably the last time in recent months i actually had to plan my waves and tweak them for the utmost effect. It only worked because defender didn't realize my end game scenario that i was counting on that. It only worked because he never saw it coming. Does this make me a better player then cush? No. Does it make me a better player then anyone else? No. On the day, i got lucky. simple as that.

    The only skill involved was working out it "Could" be done in the first place. Then its all up to luck.

    The forums has (or had) a very large number of skilled players. do most of them tweak every hit they do in game to attack any given player? no. For the most part its too time consuming to fiddle fart around with a waves structure to break down what is likely an alt, which might move troops around and mess you up anyway? Its really not worth the effort. 3 waves will work just as well as two. However Jeff's puzzles are based on an in game situation, and as such, could be "possible" to occur. Chances of anyone taking the time to go "Well i might be able to wipe this in two waves if i change this...." is pretty slim. There is being troop conscious and then there is overdoing it.

    Most people will just send 3 derp waves over 2 well planned waves. for a while i tried attacking like that, planning every inch of my waves. I was a small war city in a sea of big fish, and as such i did a lot of damage, Then people started building 50m archers. Planning then means nothing unless you can catch them with trebs up or something. (and Vagabond has shown recently how bad of an idea that is for certain reds of mine)

    Now days the player with the access to the most war citys is the "Best" IF they have access to 30 war citys with a bill burn each and a solid knowledge of mechanics, They will beat you every time. While your trying to rebuild, they can just bring in a 3rd or a 4th or a 5th war city and keep you beat down.

    Sorry bout the long ass post!
    if jeff is jeffrox which i'm pretty sure it is. Knowledge doesn't equate to skill he did all those puzzles but used to pay me resources to sit and defend his account from reds that used to hit him in the mid 140's. He had an absurd amount of resources and had reds attacking him every day.

  8. #28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phidaux View Post
    1st the only one trolling is you





    yes and i will spell it out for you as it seems to be flying over your head

    i mentioned a mech on mech because while an attacker is pounding on an archer shield many waves are going to dump honor on the target, however when the archer/mech ratio is off and you get to reach the mech all of a sudden the target dumps all it's honor. You time as many waves as possible with as many team mates as possible and watch when all of a sudden everyone drops to 10/13% heal.



    http://ww.evonyurl.com/nxxi8d

    that is an example of what target city's look like today and even with elite game mechanics it comes down to troops available to hit with. When you show up with 2-3 mill mechs to attack something like that even if you're getting massive mech kills and "winning" as you say, your mechs are not going to outlast that target unless you can maintain the heal.

    almost everyone can post a great hit (well seems except for you as i have yet to see a wave you posted from a Ruffridah account doing anything, unless you want to count the hit from 4 years ago on a poorly set up mech garage). and i have agreed that game mechanic knowledge is good, however my exact quote was...




    as to the heal with archers, again if when attacking it becomes a 0 honor fight due to using efficent waves, even if i am killing 1-2 mill archers a pop, i am losing 90-87% of my mech wave to do it, and unlike the above report i do not run around with 100's of millions of mechs. so sending a less efficent wave is wiser in order to make sure the target does not drop it's honor due to my efficent wave choices.

    and i did not say that game mechanics were not important, just LESS important then honor and heal rate management.

    you seem to in this post and others like to call out players for sending inefficent waves, having no skill, or knowledge of game mechanics. you refer to 4 year old post's by other players to try and back up your comments, and now seems your trying to name drop like you're someone people should respect or at least know.

    yes in an perfect world no one has automated accounts anymore, or instant wall hero's, or massive army's, however that is no longer the case. you find a target in 5k where the perfect wave is X, 10 secs before you land the walls completely change and troop ratio's are all different, and that is for the small targets. for the massive targets, the few waves that work are limited, everyone knows what they are how and why they work, so coming into the forums to brow beat people with "game mechanics" references from 4 years ago only shows you either no longer play the game and are here to just troll, never played a server longer than when the next one started, or just plain want to troll the forums trying to egg on a fight.




    statements like that mean you have little experiance vs. an online target, or at least vs. an online target that understands how to handle an attacker. How often are you up against targets like...

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/opfxn2 100 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/57ti79 50 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/sucspb 18 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/1aoa9a 73 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/e28nnt 25 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/w6ftee 71 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/c9ym4o 63 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/yzd6k9 59 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/yociok 53 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/97j1jw 13 mill archer

    http://ww.evonyurl.com/c59l68 67 mill archer

    i have and continue to go after the large targets, and while yes not every wave is the most efficent, they do what is intended- kill and kill alot!







    Who knows, and really who cares?

    The target he was hitting was big, with an archer shield, and in compact and the most cost effective method to kill an archer shield is to jaq it to death, it appears black was trying to delayer his target in order to be able to jaq.

    If everyone had access to unlimited troops and all the best hero's then sure lets then sit around and see who did better with what they got. Everyone is limited to the troops and hero's they have available as well as the time they have to play as well as time on the target.
    Damn see ssfgrgawer I told you this guy is a moron... posts so much off topic ****, mixing posts up to make his arguments less retarded but then makes them completely irrelevant. his posts get bigger and bigger with more and more rubbish in them it makes it hard to reply to all completely wrong stuff he says.

    I will reply to this tho because its highlights how clueless you really are

    Quote Originally Posted by Phidaux View Post
    the workers and trans had 0 net effect, and yes the layers only needed to be 1 in order to do what they are intended to do. and maybe sending a full 125k wave instead of 124500 would have netted a few more dead troops, and taking all the extra layers and sending more rams total would have netted even more dead horse. However were the workers and trans there for march cost due to range? is it possible the target was online and mixing up def? is it possible Black sent an effective wave but not the "perfect wave" just out of time constraints?
    Both trans and workers can will and do help with ram waves in CD, I have no idea how you learned the game but you are a long way from even understanding the basics of advanced mechanics. you have no idea how to change that wave to make it more effective, to plan ahead, to force situations.
    Last edited by Ruffridah; 08-19-2015 at 03:17 PM.

  9. #29

    Default



    you amuse me!

    and it was trans and workers, never said anything about the warriors!

    and the trans and worker never made it far enough into the field of play to slow anything down to effect movement of any defending unit, they both died on the last round without ever getting in range to attack anything, and everything on the defense side was already in range of them by that final round. leaving them in the wave even if only 1 of each removes 2 rams that will acctually kill something.


    and no one is talking about all the time, we have a specific report we can armchair quarterback!
    prove your skills!


    Happy Hunting!
    Phidaux

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phidaux View Post


    you amuse me!

    and it was trans and workers, never said anything about the warriors!

    and the trans and worker never made it far enough into the field of play to slow anything down to effect movement of any defending unit, they both died on the last round without ever getting in range to attack anything, and everything on the defense side was already in range of them by that final round. leaving them in the wave even if only 1 of each removes 2 rams that will acctually kill something.


    and no one is talking about all the time, we have a specific report we can armchair quarterback!
    prove your skills!
    I don't need to prove mine where as you have proven yours or lack of in the case of Evony.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •