Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Phract smack record beaten again

Flashing a city cap across the top of your screen.

Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    Like I said in WC, great risky hit. I always like those. But before we applaud the attacking prowess it takes to jaq a city literally setup for that purpose, can we talk about what happened after you put the main city into mechD?

http://ww.evonyurl.com/li0t3i
    http://ww.evonyurl.com/vha1l2
    http://ww.evonyurl.com/pxxp0h
    http://ww.evonyurl.com/bhbxp7
    http://ww.evonyurl.com/tp1d4m
    http://ww.evonyurl.com/z4zaba
    http://ww.evonyurl.com/85smxr
    http://ww.evonyurl.com/eygzib (Killed 1 ballista)

…just sayin'

As NDY says, all these are terrible attacks.... and to be clear, when most of those landed(or possibly all)their was nobody online defending, ( i should note just before those couple of waves NDY selectively showed, alot of his horsies and quite alot of rams got munched.) BUT.... in my defence... i sent too many mech waves and a couple of archer waves at this town assuming it was going to be in CD, because i sent 123k phract to knock down walls and cav and then abatis clearing waves that were supposed to land in front of the mech waves before i broke gates.... they landed some time later after id broke gates.. and the abatis clearer didn't arrive until after the city had been ported... as attacks were stuck. This is the fate of many who attack in the 1-4 hours after maintenance- sometimes i attack people and get 10 rally spots stuck. Sort it out evony!

In fact, some people have asked me on skype or privately WHY i didn't send my big hero- as i could of killed all, or very close to all of those mech in one hit, and although there are three reasons for this, the main one is that i was very afraid, given the time of day, that the attack with the big hero would stick for 15 mins( as it did vs one of those other big war cities i killed... Hotstuff i think)- meaning that even if the following phracts killed all the troops, anyone who logged the account could heal and set up defence, empty feasting hall, and in all probability cap my big hero when it landed. Again, stuck attacks- **** you.
    Last edited by Blackhands; 10-02-2015 at 12:44 PM.
    [NawtyArwyn]: oh yeah we all want you blacky
    [Blackhands]: ahaha! evidence! i have a new forum sig!
    [MsMeeka]: definetly.....why you think i stay with this stupid game? its you blacky. :P
    [Blackhands]: i knew it! :P
    [NawtyArwyn]: grrr how do i always get trapped into giving you new stuff for your sig?

Thank God at least Black understood what I was saying... and yes, the ponies and (some) rams got chewed the eff up. Especially the first hit, that was a brutal cav kill. But I did state that in not so many words by saying the city got put into MechD. Also, of course I hand picked the failures (which were in a sequence, its not like I left out hits in between that killed stuff).
    SS38 - USARMY_6 Shane

Quote Originally Posted by NotDeadYet View Post
    But then again you thought it would take "months and 50+ alts" to build 1.6mil each mech, so you clearly have no idea what's going on here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Perv View Post
    specially if it was age 2

That much mech would take someone a good couple of months with 50+ alts with drafts to make
    Here, obviously you can't read, so let me translate this into a simpler, dumb-minded version

Age 2, months and 50+ alts, build 1.6m mech.

AGE 2. Key word. Unlike Age 1, we actually have to BUILD troops. Not just coin our heroes to instant troop levels and act like we're pro.

Age 1 does take more skill imo, i'll say that. But building troops via instant heroes isnt skill. Hardest part of age 1 is taking down the cities.

Age 2 has two main variables Age 1 doesn't have to worry about. Starsets and Leadership.

Granted, age1 u lose troops if u don't farm, but lets face it. When you got instant troop heroes, who dafuq cares?

Signature by Don Ezio.
    Now, show no Mercy
    Let the world See
    We're Invincible
    Show them nothing is beyond our Control

Here, obviously you can't read, so let me translate this into a simpler, dumb-minded version

Age 2, months and 50+ alts, build 1.6m mech.

AGE 2. Key word. Unlike Age 1, we actually have to BUILD troops. Not just coin our heroes to instant troop levels and act like we're pro.

Age 1 does take more skill imo, i'll say that. But building troops via instant heroes isnt skill. Hardest part of age 1 is taking down the cities.

Age 2 has two main variables Age 1 doesn't have to worry about. Starsets and Leadership.

Granted, age1 u lose troops if u don't farm, but lets face it. When you got instant troop heroes, who dafuq cares?
    Age two you are not ever spost to HAVE 1.6m mechs. Thats is the whole idea of age two. You are spost to have 300k archers and 150k balista as a war city. That was how age 2 was built to be. Comparing ages 1 and 2 is like comparing night and day.

We build troops just the same as age two, However we dont have to plan 12 months in advance that we would like to go porting. It takes me about a week to bulk my war city to a competitive point when the feeling takes me. Age two doesnt have to deal with enourmously overfarmed states by 500+ alts hitting every single npc hourly. Cause they olny have four consistant npcs on the map.

Yes we do lose troops if we dont farm to refuge. This is a far bigger problem then you make it out to be. "Instant troops" Does not mean you have billions of resources laying about. You can olny instant around 17k pults from a maximum pop city if memory serves. To build 1 mill pults costs an awful lot of resources. its not like we can just go "Oh dear ive refuged my entire war city, id better just instant another one."

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

Quote Originally Posted by ssfgrgawer View Post
    Age two you are not ever spost to HAVE 1.6m mechs. Thats is the whole idea of age two. You are spost to have 300k archers and 150k balista as a war city. That was how age 2 was built to be. Comparing ages 1 and 2 is like comparing night and day.

We build troops just the same as age two, However we dont have to plan 12 months in advance that we would like to go porting. It takes me about a week to bulk my war city to a competitive point when the feeling takes me. Age two doesnt have to deal with enourmously overfarmed states by 500+ alts hitting every single npc hourly. Cause they olny have four consistant npcs on the map.

Yes we do lose troops if we dont farm to refuge. This is a far bigger problem then you make it out to be. "Instant troops" Does not mean you have billions of resources laying about. You can olny instant around 17k pults from a maximum pop city if memory serves. To build 1 mill pults costs an awful lot of resources. its not like we can just go "Oh dear ive refuged my entire war city, id better just instant another one."
    Age 2 is actually harder then most people think, at least on older servers. Idk bout age 1, but here on Ca4, we seige HC's for months at a time. We sat at a 16 for a good 3+ months under constant spam/archbows, literally, 24/7. and had to kill 70m+ lista about 2 or 3 times.

Now, not saying Age1 is just instant build ur WC and port, but it's alot easier to build troops on age 1 then age 2. Age 2, no alts, GL keeping anything above a 12. Age 1, just gotta make sure you keep your cities bulky enough to set a good defence up with, but small enough to be able to feed.

On another note, Billions of res isnt hard. Thats where alts come in. (yes its against evony ToS, but so is botting, and you don't see any1 complaining bout that)

Now, my third point. 500+ alts per state? Your lucky you got that little! On any evony new'er age 2 server, you got anywhere between 100-300 players total. But yet, over 5k+ accounts.
    You can easily find 200+ alts in any state on any age 2 server, and ontop of that, maybe 10-30 5s and 10s combined for every 50 miles or so?
    So do the math, you got people with 50m+ arch WC's, trying to feed about 250m+ upkeep in one city, with limited 5s and 10s around, and alts farming 24/7. Not a pretty sight

Now, yes I agree Age 1 and Age 2 are completely different, but Age 1 has more self-building to it, while Age 2 relies heavily on alts and coining.
    Thanks to a Gear Glitch, if one so wanted, they can get all their gear to max level for free, which helps out starsets, but once again, against ToS. and unlike Age1, Age 2 has multiple different parameters to it for everything. Coordination, heroes (cus using a lv 30 hero vs a lv 100 hero is a major difference, and not because of stats), leadership, and sets.

And no, we don't plan port parties a year in advance. We just port around when we feel like it, which is usually once a week for the big players, the smaller ones, usually once a month. Not build up for a year then have a major port. Man do I wish I could build up for a year before porting ;(

Signature by Don Ezio.
    Now, show no Mercy
    Let the world See
    We're Invincible

I'm an old timer. I played on a few of the old servers with colonize only ;-) Age 2... I'm interested to know if Evony does the building 2 buildings at once anymore? It is nice to see people still playing the game and playing on new servers once they open up. I'm interested to know if the new servers let you build 2 buildings at once? Or was that just on old servers? I can't remember lol Please Help and Thanks for reading!
    “When the giant hits the ground, he feels the wrath of Hulkamania and the whole world shakes at my feet?”

Age 2 is actually harder then most people think, at least on older servers. Idk bout age 1, but here on Ca4, we seige HC's for months at a time. We sat at a 16 for a good 3+ months under constant spam/archbows, literally, 24/7. and had to kill 70m+ lista about 2 or 3 times.
    no doubt its not as easy as people think, In age one spamming someone for three months solid just means they are genuinely horrible as an attacker or they are trying to run an alt out of items.

Now, not saying Age1 is just instant build ur WC and port, but it's alot easier to build troops on age 1 then age 2. Age 2, no alts, GL keeping anything above a 12. Age 1, just gotta make sure you keep your cities bulky enough to set a good defence up with, but small enough to be able to feed.
    we also have to grind our heroes to much much higher levels then age two. your gens are capped at i believe level 150. You can do that in less then a week without spending a cent. even for a decent coiner you are doing very well to have a instant warrior hero in the first 2 weeks of a server. Instant scouts takes around a month or two if your doing well. So yeah we do get instant troops but you have to work hard to do it.

On another note, Billions of res isnt hard. Thats where alts come in. (yes its against evony ToS, but so is botting, and you don't see any1 complaining bout that)
    Personally i hate the need to bot, because its mostly stuff i dont mind doing, Troop building i don't actually hate, I don't mind moving the hero around to do that but the farming just drives me mad. did it by hand for far too many years.

Now, my third point. 500+ alts per state? Your lucky you got that little! On any evony new'er age 2 server, you got anywhere between 100-300 players total. But yet, over 5k+ accounts.
    You can easily find 200+ alts in any state on any age 2 server, and ontop of that, maybe 10-30 5s and 10s combined for every 50 miles or so?
    So do the math, you got people with 50m+ arch WC's, trying to feed about 250m+ upkeep in one city, with limited 5s and 10s around, and alts farming 24/7. Not a pretty sight
    My server is going on seven years old. There are maybe 200 active players left on my server, Probably far less But for its age, its not doing too badly. Each of those 500+ alts in each state has 9 citys. That would work out at around 4500 citys per state. but of course most players split their alts between multiple states, so we end up with around 1600-2000 citys per state. Then you add in those inactives that haven't been wiped off the map, so they might account for maybe 100 citys per state of those 2000.

our states are so overcrowded and over-farmed that no one on the entire server gets a full npc 5 more then ten minutes after maintenance. this is not a problem age two has because you dont have constant npcs and you rely purely on doing that thing you do in age two to smaller accounts.

The average age one server when its created might have one thousand active players for the first month. there are over 20,000 accounts. most of which are built to be sold at the soonest possible time. our servers are overcrowded with sellers and its why ive acctually stopped starting new servers. once SS38 ceases to thrill me my evony days are done.

Now, yes I agree Age 1 and Age 2 are completely different, but Age 1 has more self-building to it, while Age 2 relies heavily on alts and coining.
    Thanks to a Gear Glitch, if one so wanted, they can get all their gear to max level for free, which helps out starsets, but once again, against ToS. and unlike Age1, Age 2 has multiple different parameters to it for everything. Coordination, heroes (cus using a lv 30 hero vs a lv 100 hero is a major difference, and not because of stats), leadership, and sets.
    Yes that is a significant difference between a level 30 and level 100, Almost as significant a difference between a level 3400 hero with 1590 attack, 850 intel and the rest onto pol VS a standard 500 attack hero. These are the kind of hero differences you face in age one. You have to deal with instant walls, maximum intel and instant pults in the same hero. worst you guys have to deal with is a 600 attack hero.

And no, we don't plan port parties a year in advance. We just port around when we feel like it, which is usually once a week for the big players, the smaller ones, usually once a month. Not build up for a year then have a major port. Man do I wish I could build up for a year before porting ;(
    well you can build up for a year, but good luck feeding it for a year :P

no doubt its not as easy as people think, In age one spamming someone for three months solid just means they are genuinely horrible as an attacker or they are trying to run an alt out of items.

we also have to grind our heroes to much much higher levels then age two. your gens are capped at i believe level 150. You can do that in less then a week without spending a cent. even for a decent coiner you are doing very well to have a instant warrior hero in the first 2 weeks of a server. Instant scouts takes around a month or two if your doing well. So yeah we do get instant troops but you have to work hard to do it.

Personally i hate the need to bot, because its mostly stuff i dont mind doing, Troop building i don't actually hate, I don't mind moving the hero around to do that but the farming just drives me mad. did it by hand for far too many years.

My server is going on seven years old. There are maybe 200 active players left on my server, Probably far less But for its age, its not doing too badly. Each of those 500+ alts in each state has 9 citys. That would work out at around 4500 citys per state. but of course most players split their alts between multiple states, so we end up with around 1600-2000 citys per state. Then you add in those inactives that haven't been wiped off the map, so they might account for maybe 100 citys per state of those 2000.

our states are so overcrowded and over-farmed that no one on the entire server gets a full npc 5 more then ten minutes after maintenance. this is not a problem age two has because you dont have constant npcs and you rely purely on doing that thing you do in age two to smaller accounts.

The average age one server when its created might have one thousand active players for the first month. there are over 20,000 accounts. most of which are built to be sold at the soonest possible time. our servers are overcrowded with sellers and its why ive acctually stopped starting new servers. once SS38 ceases to thrill me my evony days are done.

Yes that is a significant difference between a level 30 and level 100, Almost as significant a difference between a level 3400 hero with 1590 attack, 850 intel and the rest onto pol VS a standard 500 attack hero. These are the kind of hero differences you face in age one. You have to deal with instant walls, maximum intel and instant pults in the same hero. worst you guys have to deal with is a 600 attack hero.

well you can build up for a year, but good luck feeding it for a year :P
    We dont 'spam'. We only spam to keep walls out, or to keep someone under constant hits. When we would seige for 3months or more at a time, it was 20+ players (main accounts, not including alts or anything else they bring, plus some brought multiple WC's. We would either use waves to hit as they'd close gates or keep troops out (or rein small layers that took 1-2 waves to clear) just to clear that up xD

Hero levels, yeah your right, you CAN get a hero from 30 to 150 in a week, but, HIGHLY unlikely due to energy. Even with having a high leader HH, that could farm 10s from lets say level 50+, thats still a decent bit of time. It's a good week getting a HH from lv 100-150 because of energy, and at about lv 90, you get 1 level per 10, sometimes two when the exp doubles (meaning the xtra xp from prev levels gives you a double level) and around 130, every 2 10s gives 1 level, with a double level every now and then. At about 140-150 its about 5 10s for every 2 levels. Energy wise, it's impossible without spending $ or cents.

@ the botting, I agree. I build my age 2 main accounts by hand for the first month of a server, and do EVERYTHING by hand, down to the last gem. Bout 25-35 days into a new server, I finally put it on a bot. Only thing that i'll have a bot do that I won't do by hand is farm, like you said. Either farm for hero exp, resources, or gems. I personally hate bots, and if you knew me well, you'd know how I play and my uptimes (won't say anything bout it on forums because it'll get used against me in servers) and I never attack or defend PvP on bot lol, so glad we share 1 common area ssfg

And as far as the npc's, what I didnt mention, is every server on Age 2 has over 15,000+ accounts created. About 3,000 i'd say are just one city accounts (including wiped accounts) the rest are about 2+ cities, and a sht ton of accounts at 5+ cities, and even more at 9 or 10 cities.... every state, and then we have about 130 HC's per state (give or take some) so that's even less npc's to farm, and we probably have a 1:5 ratio, meaning. For every 5 npc's made when a server starts, usually only 1 of those will stick.

and 600? PFFT. I wish!!
    We have heroes that go as high as 1200 attack, and they can keep that stat for years as long as they're excal'ed. Now, given an Alchemist Amplifier buff (angel item) you can maintain a 1500+ attack hero for 4hrs (or 8, can't remember) and people are able to achieve 1500+ politics heroes without AA (idk how)

1 and 2 are very different, but also similar in alot of areas. now, since when did this become a age 1 vs age 2 fest? Last I knew we were on a "Greatest Phract Smack" thread
    *cough* ssfgrgawer *cough*

Signature by Don Ezio.
    Now, show no Mercy
    Let the world See
    We're Invincible

1 and 2 are very different, but also similar in alot of areas. now, since when did this become a age 1 vs age 2 fest? Last I knew we were on a "Greatest Phract Smack" thread
    *cough* ssfgrgawer *cough*
    since the forums are dead and this is one of the few threads on the forum with life, Plus im trying to drag attention away from blackys beautiful hit, cause it toppled mine lmao

Flashing a city cap across the top of your screen.

since the forums are dead and this is one of the few threads on the forum with life, Plus im trying to drag attention away from blackys beautiful hit, cause it toppled mine lmao
    I suspected as much!
    [NawtyArwyn]: oh yeah we all want you blacky
    [Blackhands]: ahaha! evidence! i have a new forum sig!
    [MsMeeka]: definetly.....why you think i stay with this stupid game? its you blacky. :P
    [Blackhands]: i knew it! :P
    [NawtyArwyn]: grrr how do i always get trapped into giving you new stuff for your sig?