Thread: Death of the forum?

Default Death of the forum?

If you look at the bottom of this forum site it claims:-

Threads: 174,819 Posts: 1,671,931 Members: 611,480 Active Members: 197

Meaning that less than only less than one in every 3000 members is deemed as active. It is a little sad that a resource that was once so popular only sees a few new posts per day. I appreciate that lots of people that were once members and active evony players no longer play but surely there are enough people that visit to resurrect this forum and make it the resource it used to be. So I am urging people to reply to as many threads as possible (obviously with useful comments!) and also for all the guests and lurkers to register and start posting!

GarySC2

i think you will find the problem is that everything that can be discussed has been, and also that the main thing that needs to be discussed (the broken game) cant be discussed because ev0ny wont be slated on its own forum.

YNWA

RETIRED
    XxGamblexX aka RedEyeJedi
    S137 ~ SS54 ~ NA13 ~ NA21 ~ CA1

There is always stuff to discuss about the game. Maybe a lot of the mechanics and strategy can be found already in the dusty threads from 5-6 years ago, but conversations regarding alliances, pacts and general server specific stuff is still relevant. With regards to the game being broken, I think that is a little harsh, just log onto any of the active servers and you will see hundreds of active players. I think the only real issue (I am not getting into the bot/not bot thing here) is the amount of downtime due to network issues, which definitely needs working on.

I'm not sure I'd call the game 'broken', but it certainly has problems. At times, it seems that the game writers would like to end Evony completely. Unless you're coining, it's impossible to feed troops anymore. There aren't enough active players left, most of the quitters' deserted cities have 0 food, and they are back to deleting the player built npc's every night. There just isn't enough to go around. I've coined enough, and see no reason to keep throwing money into a dying game. Nor do I wish to spend tons of money and many, many months on a single server, only to hop to the next newest one and have to start all over. This is supposed to be a battle game, not a SIMS/farming game. It's ridiculous to try to depend on the visits and FB.
    I don't post much on the forums. I see too many people asking game questions or for insight and help and what do you get? You usually end up with someone giving you a smart-azz reply, which is never close to help but only meant to insult and belittle. Apparently those doing the insulting were born knowing how to play this game.
    I am wondering just how many people are actually on the Evony 'team'. My guess is: one.

Quote Originally Posted by GarySC2 View Post
    If you look at the bottom of this forum site it claims:-

Threads: 174,819 Posts: 1,671,931 Members: 611,480 Active Members: 197

Meaning that less than only less than one in every 3000 members is deemed as active. It is a little sad that a resource that was once so popular only sees a few new posts per day. I appreciate that lots of people that were once members and active evony players no longer play but surely there are enough people that visit to resurrect this forum and make it the resource it used to be. So I am urging people to reply to as many threads as possible (obviously with useful comments!) and also for all the guests and lurkers to register and start posting!

GarySC2
    Yeeeeaaaaah so like 70% of those "members" are/were spambots that have been banned...

Thanks for the sig, acer
    Forum Rules|Helpspot|Game Rules

Where Ever The Grass Is Green, I lay My Locks

Quote Originally Posted by Mothil View Post
    I am wondering just how many people are actually on the Evony 'team'. My guess is: one.
    LOL Last I saw they were a group of chimps sitting round a table. There did appear in their appearance to have somewhat of a resemblance to the "real evony team members look-a-like fan club", (about a dozen of them). soapbox:
    Please Father May I Have Some More

Can we discuss the reality of Evony? meaning bots? Because that is what Evony has become. I loved playing the game for the strategy part. How to attack and what to use and same with defense. However now bots fight bots ;-( Most people don't even go into color anymore ;-( They just look at their bot program to see what is going on..... No I don't bot ;-) Prove it! lol
    “When the giant hits the ground, he feels the wrath of Hulkamania and the whole world shakes at my feet?”

I think bots have become an inevitable part of Evony. I believe they forced people into using bots with the food upkeep and the refuges. It is not the game I started playing as Civony, but games do evolve. I personally believe a real human can easily beat a bot but when you are faced with an intricate web of bots all supporting each other then that is a whole different ball game. Perhaps the real challenge in Evony is now writing better scripts than others, this implies a tactical element is still present it is just in a different form.

Quote Originally Posted by GarySC2 View Post
    I think bots have become an inevitable part of Evony. I believe they forced people into using bots with the food upkeep and the refuges. It is not the game I started playing as Civony, but games do evolve. I personally believe a real human can easily beat a bot but when you are faced with an intricate web of bots all supporting each other then that is a whole different ball game. Perhaps the real challenge in Evony is now writing better scripts than others, this implies a tactical element is still present it is just in a different form.
    Beautifully written with an absolutely commendable analysis of the evolution of the game.

I feel the same way, and felt otherwise most of the time in my past. I've grown to understand that bots themselves aren't the problem, and that cannot be refuted.

What people actually complain about is when you combine it and multi-accounting, the latter of which is what many people actually are frustrated at.

But even then, think about the opportunities denied to us all years ago. We have been able to unlock our potential to succeed in a war game... a competitive game. According to Darwin's theory, those who adapt may manage to survive...

So why are we all constantly 'egging' this new (LOL, well hey...) feature of the game?

I think many people would have quit a long time ago without assistance from such support.

The issue facing the game at the present time is attitudes.

I, too, fell victim to be trapped in nostalga and the past but now that I have changed my evony-world-view, I am actually enjoying the game in a server that needed a server merge 3-4 years ago (like most do).

Buckle up, get yourselves sorted people and adapt new strategies. Get with the program as much as this would have made me.. un-eased.. before. There is fun to be had. Live for the future, not in the past.

And sorry to bust people's prevailing beliefs, but you don't need to bot to enjoy the game. You don't need it to attack. You don't NEED it to farm. A burn of -20m/-50m per hour in a mobile war city is sufficient. Get to know people. Join the bigger alliances that scream for new blood, and either your views will change or you will anyway have support to guide you in a Brave New World.

P.S. I liked your first post, and have been, and will try to, post wherever and whenever I can.
    Last edited by MirsDej; 11-06-2015 at 02:12 AM. Reason: Typing errors.
    The_Just & H Miramar ss38.