Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ss78 - Server Lag - stuck queues and marches

Firstly - evony staff do not view the forums. complaining here is like winging to the Hungry Jacks staff about McDonalds. Evony representatives like Dave Mata are evony staff, but are not in control of game issues, They simply can pass on info. Forum mods like me have no real power, we are just crowd control and dont even get paid for what we do.

secondly - Servers lag because there are too many bots running at once and it slows the server down. You want lag to stop, reset 3/4th your current active accounts, Have your mates and foes do the same. Lag will reduce.

Its all well and good complaining here, but you are part of the problem too. No one follows the game rules to the letter anymore. Everyone is to blame for the lag and such. Evonys Crime is not caring enough about the game at the time when they could have stopped the cheating. Now its too late and they know it as well as we do. Our crime is abusing the system worse and worse until we make servers unplayable from oceans of lag and too many bots. Neither side is innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by bum783 View Post
    HELLO EVONY! we know you read this stuff. How can you read this and CHOOSE to ignore it. Even if you do not have a solution ACKNOWLEDGE THE PROBLEM. Is reduced upkeep such a bad business decision if it keeps your customers happy while you work on the problem?
    Free/Half food is the absolute WORST thing evony could do. It promotes overbuilding and more autofarming to support whatever extra you built. People no longer bulk up and drop back after free food ends, Now they bulk, Support it for a while, drop a little, then double what they have next free food. The problem with the game as it stands is because of all the free food periods we have had players have been able to stockpile millions of mechs and hundreds of millions of archers. I suspect it was this realization that lead them to the six month break between promotions to try to slow down people from mega overbuilding. IT doesn't work of course, its far to late for that but i can see what they tried to do.

Evony do have a solution to the problem, only issue is that the community doesn't want to hear it. If every person ran 1 account, There would be no lag. Evony could ban every single person with more then one account attached to their IP but then their would be zero players actively playing. the game would be over. so instead they let it continue until everyone gets sick of the lag and eventually quit. evony has been in decline for years, they made their money off it years ago, Now its just a nice trickle of extra funds, clearly enough to keep the servers open. once it stops being enough to keep servers running the game will likely close.

Evony don't have to comment on these forums because the people in charge do not bother looking here and have not done in years, let alone in the last twelve months when the forums basically completely died. They will never reply to you because no mater what they say you will try to poke holes in it. They have come to expect this over the last 6-7 years and we all know they basically couldn't care less what happens to Age 1 or 2 anymore, it was a massive success and they made their money so they could focus on other projects. Those other projects are their focus now and the original games that made their name are no longer relevant.
    Last edited by ssfgrgawer; 12-19-2015 at 12:40 AM.

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

Thanks for the reply... that's all we wanted to hear i guess, if it was worth continuing to play, pay for holiday mode or if we should all just quit. Game had a good run i guess since since 2009. RIP evony

So no paid staff read forums. Well what a shame to know this game we have been playing for years just runs unmanned basically. Why even keep it going, people are just going to quit and charge back every dime they ever spent on it, and the "paid" staff gain nothing. This lag has just been recent, over the last month. The server was working ok before then. The stuck troops are horrid, can't even holiday without waiting a day for troops to return. Cant attack or defend properly. The last promo said we would have free food on New years, we did not even get that. This game is just come to the end and needs to be put out of its misery. What maddens me most is a alliance mate comes on to find all his cities had vanished overnight, and all you do is send some auto reply telling him they were captured? His heroes were lost. Well his cities were not captured, and we have other members who can vouch the same, and Im pretty sure you can look into it more and see he is telling the truth then sending some thoughtless mail making it look like you care 2 cents about a customer. Very uncaring to a paying devoted customer that has spent money on this game for years. I hope they get back every cent they ever paid for this game.

simple answer...... quit and recall money from evony thru paypal or bank. Evony will ban your account but will not fight the dispute

simple....... and if evony wanted to fix their issues i'm fully sure me or any other random person can change things like portable 14 item to the OFF position (and legendary hero) while keeping them in CA1-5 (basic basic basic computer programming) and check their math which would destroy the Res Glitch. ammy glitch? call up FB and take it out of the Database......... litterally maybe not even calling FB but doing it yourself. Lastly gear glitch..... keep its worth keeping lol

anything else?

Seriously, read the tickets, restore the dudes account. Is this what I have to look forward to if the same thing happens to my account, or anyone's account in my alliance? Being ignored, sent auto replies to tickets and not helping the customer? If so , please do tell me, I'll throw in the towel now before I spend hundreds more on this game, as will my team mates. Several are in holiday and will be until coins run out, then we are done paying into a game that's broke and with no customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Trelf View Post
    So no paid staff read forums. Well what a shame to know this game we have been playing for years just runs unmanned basically. Why even keep it going, people are just going to quit and charge back every dime they ever spent on it, and the "paid" staff gain nothing. This lag has just been recent, over the last month. The server was working ok before then. The stuck troops are horrid, can't even holiday without waiting a day for troops to return. Cant attack or defend properly. The last promo said we would have free food on New years, we did not even get that. This game is just come to the end and needs to be put out of its misery. What maddens me most is a alliance mate comes on to find all his cities had vanished overnight, and all you do is send some auto reply telling him they were captured? His heroes were lost. Well his cities were not captured, and we have other members who can vouch the same, and Im pretty sure you can look into it more and see he is telling the truth then sending some thoughtless mail making it look like you care 2 cents about a customer. Very uncaring to a paying devoted customer that has spent money on this game for years. I hope they get back every cent they ever paid for this game.
    Actually, just to clarify, the unplayable state of the server has been longer than just the month of Dec. It's been like this for a year I think. Let me look at my last attack... Yeah, actually last attack I have recorded was done in May and the server was basically at the early stages of unplayability where if you were lucky, your attack would bounce. I'd say the stuck marches have been happening for over year and looks like I stopped actually caring about trying to fight it in May.

I'm under the impression that the server is only alotted so much data and when its threshold is reached, performance will drop. While attacks landing in order has been a rarety for years anyway, the server didn't start getting this bad until a year after the servers were merged and Account creation was abused for so long.

And, good luck with your account restoration. Too bad their support is outsourced and communication is not there anymore. Apparently, Evony care about something though, like game-breaking items to make everyone quit. Xbox is more fun anyway!

ss78 needs to be reset its over crowded with non players and we need more space