Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: The Lag

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    258

    Default The Lag

    Here's really good suggestion, you love getting money from players and want them to keep playing evony? How about getting rid of the lag. Right now the lag on Age 1 Server 195 is so bad that most are basically leaving cause the game is no fun when you can't even do anything with the clock always coming up. No matter what you do, you get the clock and at times you wonder if your going to get booted. Try making the game more fun and get rid of the lag. That annoying spinning clock. Then maybe people will enjoy playing again.

  2. #2

    Default

    I Can't Beleive what im hearing that anyone expects evony to do anything about lag as its simply not their fault maybe a few years ago before bots and 100s of alts one could say was their fault and i would say i was one complaining frequently about it. But then i saw how far players had gone to exploit the crap out of this game which in turn slows the game down but funny part is and this is classic if evony fixes what you are asking them to fix which is essentially getting rid of sellers botters and multi accounters then they would lose their money and sadly most that play now do all those things so ya may find yourself banned in process.Happily retired because the game has gone to ****.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    I Can't Beleive what im hearing that anyone expects evony to do anything about lag as its simply not their fault maybe a few years ago before bots and 100s of alts one could say was their fault and i would say i was one complaining frequently about it. But then i saw how far players had gone to exploit the crap out of this game which in turn slows the game down but funny part is and this is classic if evony fixes what you are asking them to fix which is essentially getting rid of sellers botters and multi accounters then they would lose their money and sadly most that play now do all those things so ya may find yourself banned in process.Happily retired because the game has gone to ****.
    Smart guy here. understands all the little strings which barely holds evony up

    Lag goes away with people mature or all quit lol
    Last edited by novabomb; 02-26-2016 at 11:16 AM.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrSinister View Post
    I Can't Beleive what im hearing that anyone expects evony to do anything about lag as its simply not their fault maybe a few years ago before bots and 100s of alts one could say was their fault and i would say i was one complaining frequently about it. But then i saw how far players had gone to exploit the crap out of this game which in turn slows the game down but funny part is and this is classic if evony fixes what you are asking them to fix which is essentially getting rid of sellers botters and multi accounters then they would lose their money and sadly most that play now do all those things so ya may find yourself banned in process.Happily retired because the game has gone to ****.


    LOL, to funny, expecting Evony to fix the game, stop cheaters and eliminate lag, ya that is a stretch...
    Last edited by fedup; 03-27-2016 at 01:45 PM.

  5. #5

    Default

    How about creating a server that people have to pay a small monthly subscription to. This server would be guaranteed to have no bots. People will still be able to coin and be allowed alts. It would actually make coining more worth while because of the big progress jump so perhaps creating more coining revenue. A server will last longer and extra income will be generated from the monthly subscriptions. There will be no lag. Coining income will be generated throughout the life of the server as players cities develop. Development of cities, armies and heroes will obviously take longer. By removing bots, coiners are much less likely to lose their paid for heroes.

    This ensures that people will actually have to play the game to maintain their cities and improve their heroes. Alliances will also be useful in order to come to the defence of offline members and alliance members can manually arrange attacks on their enemies. Cities will take longer to be lost but there will be no auto hiding or other botting defences.

    Some pro-botters state that they need bots to feed their huge armies. No one would be able to create a huge army if no one botted, so no one would need to have large farming teams. The game is pointless if losing 10M archers means nothing. The huge armies have ruined what could be a good game.

    A change is needed because the new server 197 is full of bots and alts. One state (Barvaria) had 97% fillers in the first two weeks.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hareth View Post
    How about creating a server that people have to pay a small monthly subscription to. This server would be guaranteed to have no bots. People will still be able to coin and be allowed alts. It would actually make coining more worth while because of the big progress jump so perhaps creating more coining revenue. A server will last longer and extra income will be generated from the monthly subscriptions. There will be no lag. Coining income will be generated throughout the life of the server as players cities develop. Development of cities, armies and heroes will obviously take longer. By removing bots, coiners are much less likely to lose their paid for heroes.

    This ensures that people will actually have to play the game to maintain their cities and improve their heroes. Alliances will also be useful in order to come to the defence of offline members and alliance members can manually arrange attacks on their enemies. Cities will take longer to be lost but there will be no auto hiding or other botting defences.

    Some pro-botters state that they need bots to feed their huge armies. No one would be able to create a huge army if no one botted, so no one would need to have large farming teams. The game is pointless if losing 10M archers means nothing. The huge armies have ruined what could be a good game.

    A change is needed because the new server 197 is full of bots and alts. One state (Barvaria) had 97% fillers in the first two weeks.
    Hahahhahahahahaha, you make me laugh. You really do. No bots? OK, I'll use a macro clicker. Problem solved. Coining? FOR WHAT?! Seriously, You can glitch gear, Amulets, troops (And probably other things, I come from a merge server, where glitches are hardly known.). What the hell are you going to "coin" for? What about the p14's and RH's that are on the market FOR NON-MERGE SERVERS? What about that? You're asking for trouble. You're paying a fee, for almost 0 benefit. Furthermore, how are you going to stop ALL bots? If you purely base it off of when people connect (Be it right after Maint). What's that going to prove? Yeah, sure you'll ban botters, but what about those people who live in a timezone when maint is mid-day?(Then log in RIGHT AFTER)?

    Oh, this is funny. "Some pro-botters state that they need bots to feed their huge armies." -- Bullshyte. If you surpass the threshold of -2.147B you create about 5.5B food per hour. Just a heads up.

    "Alliances will also be useful in order to come to the defence of offline members and alliance members can manually arrange attacks on their enemies. Cities will take longer to be lost but there will be no auto hiding or other botting defences." - It's still possible to cap with the bot, and just as impossible to cap without the bot, if you know what you're doing.

    You're idea is VERY very flawed.
    Last edited by alan1998; 02-27-2016 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Adding more arguements.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alan1998 View Post
    "Alliances will also be useful in order to come to the defence of offline members and alliance members can manually arrange attacks on their enemies. Cities will take longer to be lost but there will be no auto hiding or other botting defences." - It's still possible to cap with the bot, and just as impossible to cap without the bot, if you know what you're doing.
    well this is a new issue. Capping a city in evony is close to impossible thanks to the ammy glitch. simply because a person gets more truces than he will use, 50+ speech texts (around 1 a day off ammy glitch), and almost unlimited coins

    the 15 loy rule at this point in the game and almost entirely is a dumb flawed one itself (expect for caps)

    EDIT: did you mean cap a lvl16? i hate how cap means 2 things in evony
    Last edited by novabomb; 02-27-2016 at 12:16 PM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by novabomb View Post
    well this is a new issue. Capping a city in evony is close to impossible thanks to the ammy glitch. simply because a person gets more truces than he will use, 50+ speech texts (around 1 a day off ammy glitch), and almost unlimited coins

    the 15 loy rule at this point in the game and almost entirely is a dumb flawed one itself (expect for caps)

    EDIT: did you mean cap a lvl16? i hate how cap means 2 things in evony
    I agree, you can almost always keep any city (Yes, a 16 or 14). The 15 loy rule should be thrown out, or lowered (To 5, just for numbers sake.) I agree, before any game mechanics change, the glitches need to be removed, starting with the Amulet glitch (Which, good provide for anything really, resources, materials, coins, strats etc).

    I have seen 2 VERY rare cases of a 14 and a 12 cap on a merge server (Within the last week). Both users had bots (On merge, it's almost mandatory at this point if you want to live...). Sometime JUST before maint, they knocked loyalty to 5, bots were set to useitem speechtext:5. The window the bot had to boost loy, and use thta speech was very small, and failed. They launched another assualt, and because maint took a little longer then expected, managed to actually capture that 14.

    That was fine, they were ****ed, nothing to be done about it. We later took the other hosts 12 for roughly the same thing (He mis-set the loyalty of the autouse item).

    Now, if this can be accomplished great.

    Primarily what needs to happen....

    1) Remove the Amulet from the Facebook Database (I'm not an idiot people).
    2) Remove the resource gitch (If I understand correctly, it has something to do with the 8/10 city achievement (So boost costs for buildings)
    3) Remove gear glitch.
    4) Work on Game Mechanics. The Loyalty of a city, when it drops for the 1/6 minute should be set to 5, OR LESS. Why? Because now it's a game of skill. Maint will last 15+minutes. With 5 loyalty for the 1/6minutes, you HAVE to log in right after.
    5) Leave the bots alone (Here come the flame wars and all the '**** you". I'm serious, leave the bots. Make it work so bots have little time to react, change the mechanics to give a small window for bots, as small as possible. It's useless trying to ban all the correct botters without nailing 50% of your foreign population. (Eg: UK, Switz, Russian, Aussie, etc).

    Make it a game of skill. Who cares if I have 700M + Arch? More things for you to kill. Make it so the Attacker gets a bonus. Do something. But it's hopeless to ban the botters.

    Any "Premium" server subscription is useless as well. Even if you say no botters, but the only thing you can do is ban them (Not prevent it from happening). You'll either be "Always rolling back the server" or Always compensating (Be it cents, troops, Walls or items) or something. And if anything, take an example from other games (Minecraft, CS:GO, Pyaday 2). Cheaters will PAY to cheat again. So making them pay, won't stop them.

  9. #9

    Default

    There is still the gold can be found in cliches for those with shining eyes and subversive virtues and talents Level Astral Diamonds 5 Studio Ghibli, partner development of Neverwinter game, not missing 'edge on. 'So, the premise and Ni no Kuni systems are known, at first glance, their construction, the old rebellious style and voice, as well as studies done meticulous detail is a journey filled with fresh wonder.' The involvement of Studio Ghibli is profitable in a big way, notes the edge '. Strong Ghibli are all here, drawing a coherent and detailed world while maintaining exceptional clarity stories Neverwinter key players, their motivations and fears are fed by the expert. 'Mechanics parallel world of Neverwinter game also prove to be intriguing. 'Two worlds between which they travel are inextricably linked, 'explains the writer edge. 'Actions taken in one affects the other, a finding of not cat king in the world of Ni no Kuni, Oliver can travel back into the engine Ville to look for food overweight tabby, Timmy Toldrum.' Kimberley Cheap Neverwinter Astral Diamonds Wallace Neverwinter Game Informer scores of Ni no Kuni on seven out of 10, describes it as 'great frustration.'

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by alan1998 View Post
    Primarily what needs to happen....

    1) Remove the Amulet from the Facebook Database (I'm not an idiot people).
    2) Remove the resource gitch (If I understand correctly, it has something to do with the 8/10 city achievement (So boost costs for buildings)
    3) Remove gear glitch.
    4) Work on Game Mechanics. The Loyalty of a city, when it drops for the 1/6 minute should be set to 5, OR LESS. Why? Because now it's a game of skill. Maint will last 15+minutes. With 5 loyalty for the 1/6minutes, you HAVE to log in right after.
    5) Leave the bots alone (Here come the flame wars and all the '**** you". I'm serious, leave the bots. Make it work so bots have little time to react, change the mechanics to give a small window for bots, as small as possible. It's useless trying to ban all the correct botters without nailing 50% of your foreign population. (Eg: UK, Switz, Russian, Aussie, etc).
    now to point out the flaws with these solutions despite them being valid and simple fixes

    Amulet glitch...... honestly taking the ammys out of the FB database is 1 click or 1 press delete so i can only think evony lost the database access maybe?

    Resource glitch is proof of evony lack of coding skills. There method for giving resources back does not use the methods which discount the building in the first place. This is sloppy coding and very lazy

    Gear glitch hasn't been fixed since na55ish despite it being a valid coding method called by a bot (VALID!!!) meaning evony wrote the gear glitch for testing or corruption

    Yeah would love if 15 loy rule was changed and i can only image its a simple change a int number from 15 to 5........... i think everyone can do this lol

    Sure lets leave bots alone. banning them will be hard enough since bots can adjust to add a randomness to it. i played a game with bots and for years they tried to stop botting. They failed and only hurt players who played legit. Since the bots we used would wait every 5mins between farming and what not

    All and all evony changing some simple stuff won't happen. Not only did Ucool not write evony (full) but they seem to be unable to fix what a simple person could fix. Letting people use glitchs for longer and longer can make a glitch stay in of itself. Again Ucool stole Evony's graphics (proven) and i think the coding to because these people have no computer skills at all

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •