Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Server merge petition sign it folks age 1 old ss servers

Default Server merge petition sign it folks age 1 old ss servers

Please sign this petition all thos that would like a server merge
    ss73..ss74..ss58..ss60..

We down to handfulls of players, please help

+1 I agree to this.

SS80 in same situation so include us and I,m signed we need a mega merge also no one left to fight
    KK
    ss80

*IDEA* What dont they just make a new map... Pref a large one HaHa... And merger all the super old server ranging back to like ss60 and ss37... Merge them all together to make some sort of MS "Mega-Server" Then if ss80 is already that bad just merger the ss80 + (same idea) ... Then say do this every ish year. Then merger the regular server upto s179-s180 and 1 year later same idea "MG" ... Just a thought but chances are even at some point this "big server" will die out sooner or later.
    Add My Skype - iSADiiSTiiCi And Or - ThisIsProfession And Il Jack Your S***
    S192 - Profession
    S193 - Profession
    AND THE REST - Profession

We definitely need a merge on SS58.. this server is dead.. I agree we need to try and get mega server merge.. merge all the old servers into 1 and let us kill each other to the death.. it is just crazy not merging us.. more money would be spent if we had more people to fight.. So from all of us on SS58 please merge our server!!

S175 needs a merge as well, over 18 months old and nothing left to kill for over a year now

SS78 here we agree to this we need a merge --- we down to two or three teams and its getting sad for us.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsProfession View Post
    *IDEA* What dont they just make a new map... Pref a large one HaHa... And merger all the super old server ranging back to like ss60 and ss37... Merge them all together to make some sort of MS "Mega-Server" Then if ss80 is already that bad just merger the ss80 + (same idea) ... Then say do this every ish year. Then merger the regular server upto s179-s180 and 1 year later same idea "MG" ... Just a thought but chances are even at some point this "big server" will die out sooner or later.
    There is a very good reason they dont do "mega servers" and merge yearly.

Say you put the biggest fighting teams on the one server - Take any new server for this example, Anyone in the top 5 alliances knows their stuff to at least some extent. This creates a HUGE power struggle in the best of cases - 5 teams with solid hitters on every team. WHAT actually happens - is the good players flock to one alliance, Kill the server in a month or 2, then quit for the next server.

This is exactly what would happen if you mergerd multiple super servers in a mega server, and this is assuming the map is extended to accommodate the hundreds of thousands of accounts that would be placed on said server.

So to the 2nd point: Merging yearly.

Why doesnt evony merge servers yearly?

server mergers put a clock on the server. For some servers its a long clock, for most, Not so much. Firstly you have put 3x the accounts, on a single normal sized server - This creates overcrowding and leads to refuge, OR the more common building of MORE alts. SO the farming gets even worse, But acc sizes go up, to allow for more foes, since you expect to be hit in the first 12 months of a server, after that less so.

So in one step, you have lead to the creation of more alts for every player on the server, (This creates lag too lets not forget) And it increases war city sizes to the ridiculous. Fine, people will build big accs anyway right? and whats another 10 alts between friends? right?

Now imagine that in 12 months time, Your going to have to do the same again. You can safely say 1/3rd of the server will quit by then, due to whatever reason (Getting killed repeatedly, having no targets, getting banned when evony realises that one person is running 1.2k accounts, Whatever) so then 2/3rd of a server merge with 2 more servers, at 2/3 strength, So you end up 2/3rds of 3 servers on the one, REALLY small map now. The overcrowding is so intense that no can feed the monstrous war citys they built to prepare for the merger, The logical move - Trim down your war city to a more reasonable number, OR build more alts with fulll farms and let them feed you. Guess which one 99.9% of the server will do. They will buy a new pc with 64 Gig of ram JUST TO RUN another 200 accounts to keep their war city the same size OR BIGGER. Remember you now have 3 super servers worth of mega war citys all looking for food and ways to reduce burn so food can build back up.

Now lets look at if from the angle of time. IF you put a 12 month clock on a server, It will be dead in that time and begging for a new merger, OR be settling into the late server wars that is the case for most servers now. IF during that settling stage you throw a merger into the mix, You end up with a server that isnt ready to be merged thrown in with 1 or 2 servers the same , OR 1 or 2 servers that are begging for a merger.

Its impossible for the devs to know what servers need merged by activity, because of the hundreds of thousands of alts operating on every single super server, and its impossible to tell from folks asking for mergers since people on SS38 wanted a merger like a month after the first one, and were winging about it. Yet that server has lived nearly 5 years of non stop conflict and carnage WITHOUT another merger. Yes 5 years was probably a BIT long to wait, but the server did have the players and the teams to stand up to 5 years of war. Now most of those teams are running on a skeleton crew, and would probably take a pounding from a 2 month old server with 100 active players with 200m burn war citys.

Now ill use the best example i have - Server 6 was merged into ss38 in august 2010. At that point, Server 6 had mabey 30 powerhouse alliances 20 of which could have easily been top 10 material. we were thrown in with Server 4 - One main alliance and lots of sub alliances who had killed their olny real competition and had gotten lazy (for the most part - There were exceptions) And Server 5 Along the same lines as s6 but better organized as a whole server, and practically dominated both servers 4 and 5 (Tho to be fair, S6 did lay a hurtin on S4 before s5 took em down a notch) Both server 5 and 6 could probably have lasted another year without a merger. I think for both of them the merger was too soon. S4 needed one since Sion was lazy and the various other s4 alliances had no direction after the main Nafta alliances were defeated, despite strong troop counts.

Yes some servers needed merged sooner (im talking of course about the "N" servers who lasted like 4 years WITHOUT a merger at all, That was too long. BUT you cant really blame the devs, Do you play on every server ? no you dont.
    Neither can the devs. They might check on the newest server for a week then start work on the next server/project.

Im fairly sure you arnt spost to make "polls to merge" but quite frankly im just glad to see people posting on the forums.

TL;DR - Merging servers before their time can shorten the lifespan of a server, When s6 merged i know of at least 200 players who quit, simply because they couldn't last among the bot heavy older servers, Alliances like BNI, EIRE, and all smaller alliances simply ceased to exist. They couldn't fight the larger alliances where given another year they might have come to a merger more knowledgeable and able to defend worth a damn, S6 was just getting to the stage of the hitters under the mega hitters beginning using mech warfare, Servers 4 and 5 had been using mechs for Months if not years before s6 was. But whats done is done. Don't wish your server an early grave so quickly, make the most out of it. Because once you kill one merger, The next one might be the last you see.

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

Never looked at it from those angles SSF, thanks.

Ok in light of all those valid points, how about the evony program gurus create a Migration Key, that allows players to migrate their entire account, to a server of their choice, put it on the wheel at special events like they do with the other keys and let players pray they get more than one, so if the grass turns out to be burnt brown on the other side, they can return to the devil they already know

ss67 is dead as well. biggest fun to be had is watching people brag in world chat about all the alts they're capping.....

while i would love to have some fresh faces to hit and or team up with, i have to agree that merges are no longer worth it.

with the messed up flat opening on the server the reds we war with were still able to fill sax quickly and get right back to attacking.

i can only imagine how bad it would be with 2 other servers worth of heavy 3rd party users all filling and alt'ng. the already over crowded server would be way worse.

Happy Hunting!
    Phidaux