Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New item! - Stygandr's Banner of the Horde!

Default New item! - Stygandr's Banner of the Horde!

I personally think the new items awesome. Tired of sending countless sets at that cd. Well now u can demolish it by sending 1mil naked mechs at it. Thank you evony. No more slogging away for countless hrs trying to take down 100mil arch now its gonna be dead much much faster

Quote Originally Posted by iamme View Post
    I personally think the new items awesome. Tired of sending countless sets at that cd. Well now u can demolish it by sending 1mil naked mechs at it. Thank you evony. No more slogging away for countless hrs trying to take down 100mil arch now its gonna be dead much much faster
    i can see this new item changing game play completely. i mean, 1.56m trans bombs... THINK OF THE TRANSBOMBS!!!!

I am worried how broken this item will be tho. I mean 1.56m scoutbombs will nuke just about any defence you can setup, if they have enough of the items

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

I've stickied this.

It's an interesting item, one we've been discussing for a while now. The initial reactions will be snap, but it will be interesting to see how this fits within the greater meta.

As this is an item test, I'll be reviewing comments on it. I've stickied this thread for that reason.

I know it doesn't have to be said, but I'll say it, please remember to keep it civil.

Flaming CHICKEN!
    Courtesy: Sturm

Initial reaction was "interesting" but the reality is that you MUST have at least 5m mech to gain real benefit. The server I am on this will benefit those with the mech force to use it to deadly force. The only ones with those mech forces are the same ones with the massive horde of resources which happen to be the same people running automated scripts that produce 1k's of cities to feed a handful of their players. They sit there behind 35m each mech in multiple cities behind 190m archers and the 480m scouts. The obscene numbers that those people have and the obscene number of alts they have and continue to get away with having means that this item now gives them a massive advantage. Its a war game - I got it - but evony also said they would stop people manipulating the game to gain advantages (you didnt) and now you give them yet another massive advantage. On our server a single alliance "owns" 42% of accounts on our server!! Keep in mind that there are now over 28k "players".

If you want to level the field and make a real war game of it bring in restrictions to supply as any war was always won not on the might of the force but the supply. If any admin want more details step up and mail me and i will be happy to point you in the right direction.

Sorry then to find out that when I might benefit from building up the mechs to kill some red city with the Horde Banners you tell me your going to remove the unused ones? So if I dont have the millions of mechs now I never will get to use it..... well thought out really (sarcasm). If you allow the unused hordes banner to remain then at least those without the benefit of massive ressies or alts or current mech force can at least work away at making what is needed so they can go and blow away a massive archer shield (one off).

So come on evony - yes this is great - but only in a level playing field which this game is not. So at the very least change the aspect that unused banners are removed so that those of us that need to build up can.

My two bob worth

How does this work with the leadership of a hero? If you have a lvl 100 hero how can it control a 1mil + wave? I love the idea of it, just not sure how it would really work with the limitation of our heroes.

IV been on evony sins the beginning seen how evony has given in to the big spenders aka botters multi accounters .stufed the game with the broken gate item ,now an item that to me condones the practise of moving troops between accounts in huge amounts .even ignore gate settings ,if this item is to become a permenant one i see the end of the game for me and many others hope i can claim my 5k sents on my account back . Sorry not my language

I think you guys are missing an important part of the original announcement that i also overlooked on first glance, this part in particular;
    Quote Originally Posted by EvonyBlogPost
    On top of that, an attack sent with this item will ignore gate status, and directly attack whichever defensive points pool is greater, troops or wall defense.
    From this section i deduce that Compact defenses are going to be a Baaaaad idea while this item is active. If the item does in fact ignore gate status and simply target the highest stack, archer towers are going to be next to useless since 18333 archer towers is never going to have more attack than say, 30k arch, let alone 5m mechs or 100m archers.

Doing a few quick calcs, it wouldn't be hard to rip down 3-5m arch per hit on an intel CD with only mediocre heros.

I know exactly the type of people who will not like this item. Small scale players. anyone with a large war city can make the most of this item fairly easily. anyone without will basically be bending over and copping it sweet. But i think they are the ones with the least to lose. The ones who SHOULD fear this item are the ones who build hundreds of millions of archers and hide behind gate games and huge hubs. Because a few players with these items are going to turn those hundred million archers into significantly less, in not very many waves.

I predict a lot of whine followed by a lot of trucing/holidaying and porting. Im all for it. Bring on the carnage. This game needed a kick in the pants to give it some life again.

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

The hero leadership is my only concern with this item. However i do have some reports of the items being used in battle and not on alts.

Scouts ~ http://www.evonyurl.com/iago8q ~ this HH was set on intel
    Ball wave ~ http://www.evonyurl.com/awyfx4 ~ again HH was on intel

I feel like the concept is amazing and a great idea. But if my heros can't lead this many troops kinda just means alot of fodder going in the wave to waste and give honor. We can't use HH's to attack with because of the hero capping problems. So will the hero leadership be increased when this item is used?

I predict a lot of whine followed by a lot of trucing/holidaying and porting. Im all for it. Bring on the carnage. This game needed a kick in the pants to give it some life again.

I think it will end the game for more than you realize.

That would be, my whole account, in 1 wave....
    NA60- NaFianna
    NA55 - Humility (Retired)
    NA50 - Softer (Retired)
    NA36 - Thursday (Retired)
    NA7 - Shiva (Retired)