Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: New item! - Stygandr's Banner of the Horde!

Hybrid View

Default New item! - Stygandr's Banner of the Horde!

I personally think the new items awesome. Tired of sending countless sets at that cd. Well now u can demolish it by sending 1mil naked mechs at it. Thank you evony. No more slogging away for countless hrs trying to take down 100mil arch now its gonna be dead much much faster

Quote Originally Posted by iamme View Post
    I personally think the new items awesome. Tired of sending countless sets at that cd. Well now u can demolish it by sending 1mil naked mechs at it. Thank you evony. No more slogging away for countless hrs trying to take down 100mil arch now its gonna be dead much much faster
    i can see this new item changing game play completely. i mean, 1.56m trans bombs... THINK OF THE TRANSBOMBS!!!!

I am worried how broken this item will be tho. I mean 1.56m scoutbombs will nuke just about any defence you can setup, if they have enough of the items

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

I'm waiting for a server merge so I can beat your assss i'm tired of seeing you and your dam name

I've stickied this.

It's an interesting item, one we've been discussing for a while now. The initial reactions will be snap, but it will be interesting to see how this fits within the greater meta.

As this is an item test, I'll be reviewing comments on it. I've stickied this thread for that reason.

I know it doesn't have to be said, but I'll say it, please remember to keep it civil.

Flaming CHICKEN!
    Courtesy: Sturm

Default Horde items disappearing during the new Horde Promotion

I've stickied this.

It's an interesting item, one we've been discussing for a while now. The initial reactions will be snap, but it will be interesting to see how this fits within the greater meta.

As this is an item test, I'll be reviewing comments on it. I've stickied this thread for that reason.

I know it doesn't have to be said, but I'll say it, please remember to keep it civil.

Dave, I have contacted customer support with a ticket including images. The horde item is disappearing when the game is refreshed. I opened a chest, got the best one, containing 25 horde banners, refreshed, and they were gone.

This is the ticket I built:

horde items purchased disappeared after refreshing game
    Feb 5, 2016

This is the response on Feb. 9th:

Dear Customer,
    Thank you for contacting Evony Customer Service. A detailed introduction about the promotion is shown on http://evonygame.com. Please feel free to check it if you should meet any misunderstanding upon this.
    Best Regards,
    Evony Team

So, customer service is stating that the new items must be used instantly upon receipt or they will be lost at the first refresh of the game screen? Where is this on the promo page?

thanks for checking into it,

Aluofk
    ca6

Initial reaction was "interesting" but the reality is that you MUST have at least 5m mech to gain real benefit. The server I am on this will benefit those with the mech force to use it to deadly force. The only ones with those mech forces are the same ones with the massive horde of resources which happen to be the same people running automated scripts that produce 1k's of cities to feed a handful of their players. They sit there behind 35m each mech in multiple cities behind 190m archers and the 480m scouts. The obscene numbers that those people have and the obscene number of alts they have and continue to get away with having means that this item now gives them a massive advantage. Its a war game - I got it - but evony also said they would stop people manipulating the game to gain advantages (you didnt) and now you give them yet another massive advantage. On our server a single alliance "owns" 42% of accounts on our server!! Keep in mind that there are now over 28k "players".

If you want to level the field and make a real war game of it bring in restrictions to supply as any war was always won not on the might of the force but the supply. If any admin want more details step up and mail me and i will be happy to point you in the right direction.

Sorry then to find out that when I might benefit from building up the mechs to kill some red city with the Horde Banners you tell me your going to remove the unused ones? So if I dont have the millions of mechs now I never will get to use it..... well thought out really (sarcasm). If you allow the unused hordes banner to remain then at least those without the benefit of massive ressies or alts or current mech force can at least work away at making what is needed so they can go and blow away a massive archer shield (one off).

So come on evony - yes this is great - but only in a level playing field which this game is not. So at the very least change the aspect that unused banners are removed so that those of us that need to build up can.

My two bob worth

How does this work with the leadership of a hero? If you have a lvl 100 hero how can it control a 1mil + wave? I love the idea of it, just not sure how it would really work with the limitation of our heroes.

IV been on evony sins the beginning seen how evony has given in to the big spenders aka botters multi accounters .stufed the game with the broken gate item ,now an item that to me condones the practise of moving troops between accounts in huge amounts .even ignore gate settings ,if this item is to become a permenant one i see the end of the game for me and many others hope i can claim my 5k sents on my account back . Sorry not my language

I think you guys are missing an important part of the original announcement that i also overlooked on first glance, this part in particular;
    Quote Originally Posted by EvonyBlogPost
    On top of that, an attack sent with this item will ignore gate status, and directly attack whichever defensive points pool is greater, troops or wall defense.
    From this section i deduce that Compact defenses are going to be a Baaaaad idea while this item is active. If the item does in fact ignore gate status and simply target the highest stack, archer towers are going to be next to useless since 18333 archer towers is never going to have more attack than say, 30k arch, let alone 5m mechs or 100m archers.

Doing a few quick calcs, it wouldn't be hard to rip down 3-5m arch per hit on an intel CD with only mediocre heros.

I know exactly the type of people who will not like this item. Small scale players. anyone with a large war city can make the most of this item fairly easily. anyone without will basically be bending over and copping it sweet. But i think they are the ones with the least to lose. The ones who SHOULD fear this item are the ones who build hundreds of millions of archers and hide behind gate games and huge hubs. Because a few players with these items are going to turn those hundred million archers into significantly less, in not very many waves.

I predict a lot of whine followed by a lot of trucing/holidaying and porting. Im all for it. Bring on the carnage. This game needed a kick in the pants to give it some life again.

Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

No I think your missing the point. The game is broken into 2 clear groups - those that have taken advantage and hoarded the ressies and troops able to replace massive losses as a result of massive ingame alts and botting. The others are those that dont run massive numbers of alts and bots. They are the only 2 type of players. To say that those that dont run bots and massive alts will not have anything to lose is a myth as those people are the ones that spend more than the alt hoarding bot making players.... the point of this item is to knock down the archer shields GREAT!! But we have to have the massive number of mechs to be able to do so...... and sadly even then we have to have the resources available to us to rebuild the 2m - 5m mech losses that will be incurred. The alt playing, troop hoarding ressie gatherer will simply rebuild the losses incurred in a week while they sleep thanks to a never sleeping script and endless resources while the legitimate player struggles through for another month.

Now explain to me HOW this item can possibly be used to effect when you compete against the above scenario.

If evony were serious about improving the game there are some clear issues that need to be addressed to ensure level playing field is back in the game and that those that play to massive alts to gain advantage in supply, hero ghosting, unlimited resources and unlimited troops. Also good luck swinging away they auto truce or share access so someone will be on fast enough to truce to benefit from the carnage that is wreaked.

I am a realist about this - love the item but its futile and a game changer as long as only those with the massive troops are able to benefit in more ways than one.

ps I did not realise that the item operates through gates (so you dont need to apply broken gates?) that is awesome.