Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New item! - Stygandr's Banner of the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by LilMoe691 View Post
    No disrespect to ssfgrgawer but on the SS server I am on that isn't even a farm city. The largest hero on the server is over 6k attack it takes until #30 in hero stats before you get anyone under 2k then it's somewhere around 3k in stats before we get to heroes 1k and Under. Dont get me started on the intel heroes that are 850 with 2k attack on them defending cities. War cities here have 10 to 30 mil in CP's and about the same amount for Bali, 200m arch walls and 100 to 300m scout walls. Trillions in wood,iron,stone and gold. These same people keep the prices for resources so high that average players can't even play the market. A city the size of the one you keep which is more in keeping with how the game is suppose to be played wouldn't dent these massive cities. No not a one of the people having these war cities got them by playing evony by the rules.
    you play ss74 if yes you dont even use the item and how many alts you got eh ? you pay not 2 play. do you play to the rules ?

here are my feelings about the new item

pro - can send out more troops quickly so damage can be inflicted b4 people port
    pro - must fight people can not hide behind closed gates only opening to kill trans waves
    pro - great for attacking hubs
    con - must have a min of a ten million troops 12 million with ensign and 15.6m with ensign and castle to send 1 set of waves out so it encourages more botting, more alts and building ridiculous numbers
    con - sever advantage to the big botters who will eventually make the non big botters quit and leave u with more dead servers a handful of players and tons and tons of alts
    con - will lead to all small / med players to quit which less actual players means less revenue
    con - there are many bugs with the item for example it did not carry the res of 1.56 million troops so if you killed all the troops you couldn't trans with it.
    con - it will force players into holiday/truce and dream truce which means less warring and at the end of the day less revenue

i am not a small player and i enjoyed the item but i can see it being the undoing of our server and i do not like that. we have lost many people over the last year and the game is not what it used to be i do not wish to be left with a dead server ... i think u need to find a way to keep an even playing field for the small / med hitters for example one thing i think should help level it is being able to purchase dream truces which would allow a small or med player time to rebuild and stay in the game vs beat down till they give up and/or maybe restrict the items usage to promotions so there is time for rebuilding after the promos are over .... any way this is just my 2 cents good luck in ur adjustments as i am sure they will be a game changer for the good or the bad only time will tell.

Quote Originally Posted by shannon23 View Post
    here are my feelings about the new item

pro - can send out more troops quickly so damage can be inflicted b4 people port
    pro - must fight people can not hide behind closed gates only opening to kill trans waves
    pro - great for attacking hubs
    con - must have a min of a ten million troops 12 million with ensign and 15.6m with ensign and castle to send 1 set of waves out so it encourages more botting, more alts and building ridiculous numbers
    con - sever advantage to the big botters who will eventually make the non big botters quit and leave u with more dead servers a handful of players and tons and tons of alts
    con - will lead to all small / med players to quit which less actual players means less revenue
    con - there are many bugs with the item for example it did not carry the res of 1.56 million troops so if you killed all the troops you couldn't trans with it.
    con - it will force players into holiday/truce and dream truce which means less warring and at the end of the day less revenue

i am not a small player and i enjoyed the item but i can see it being the undoing of our server and i do not like that. we have lost many people over the last year and the game is not what it used to be i do not wish to be left with a dead server ... i think u need to find a way to keep an even playing field for the small / med hitters for example one thing i think should help level it is being able to purchase dream truces which would allow a small or med player time to rebuild and stay in the game vs beat down till they give up and/or maybe restrict the items usage to promotions so there is time for rebuilding after the promos are over .... any way this is just my 2 cents good luck in ur adjustments as i am sure they will be a game changer for the good or the bad only time will tell.
    Answer to your prayers is simple, all evony needs to do is stop hero capping. Hero capping is thee reason nobody bothers with hitting 500 million archers cities, do not get me wrong, I think if they fix the hero leadership for age2 I will decimate some big enemies on my server. I love the idea that the 4 people that run all the bots on 2018 will not be able to keep up with attacks and we will finally be able to stump the cockroaches. But as others have said, this could potentially lead to dead servers and as long as evony has a plan for that "Regular server merges" then I can see it being a problem. Either way the dice roll on this one I will be ok with it, but if the decision is to not institute the strat then the next best thing is " GET RID OF HERO CAPPING" we already have to contend with heroes and energy and poison lowering htta energy base, there is no need for game to allow hero capping. Now watch all the fluffers from CA1 posting, but we need hero capping lol

There are many issues with the new item. 1) Due to sending huge waves there will be less loot for the defender. 2) The item will be used by the hoarders to primarily pick on the small players. 3) Honor will be messed up. If you are low on honor then not gaining a lot is nice, if you have a lot, then you want enough to roll over honor to zero. 4) Leadership will be an issue for the troops sent. 5) With the right wave sent skill defending is mitigated. 6) If people want to send their best heroes then they should send them more and risk losing them so they have to buy more stones of finding. 7) Cities can be overwhelmed quickly denying an alliance a chance to reinforce or notify the player so they can set up a defense. 8) Many people were complaining about losing troops when sending undraftable numbers in a wave. 9) If people use besieges you can run someone out of the strats. 10) Many reds are set up on the bot to auto-truce or auto-random port so it does not stop the red hoarders from using the bot to end combat before it starts. 11) More players will quit as they will not be able to use skill to stop the hoarders with 4 computers running bots for drafting.

On the plus side, if you don't mind a much worse kill ratio you can send many more troops to overcome some hero capping. Shows you who the hoarders, bullies and bully wannabes are. It is nice to have a way to hit people even with their gates shut, but is the lower kill ratio worth it by the end of the battle.

What I would recommend to Evony staff, contact players, come up with ideas on where you want to see the game moving and ask where the players would like Evony to move. Make the players a partner before releasing new content. Maybe run some polls in the game and see what people think are the biggest issues and see if Evony wants to tackle them or even wants to tackle them.

lol fluffers ,,, but really introducing new stuff when you cant even fix the visiting / gifting options. I haven't been able to send or receive gifts for almost a year. Accounts on our server are being stolen via Facebook hacking because Evony cant or wont fix the code to keep the game updated with the latest security fixes.
    Last edited by Alliendre; 01-25-2016 at 03:35 PM. Reason: added stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Eminim View Post
    Answer to your prayers is simple, all evony needs to do is stop hero capping. Hero capping is thee reason nobody bothers with hitting 500 million archers cities, do not get me wrong, I think if they fix the hero leadership for age2 I will decimate some big enemies on my server. I love the idea that the 4 people that run all the bots on 2018 will not be able to keep up with attacks and we will finally be able to stump the cockroaches. But as others have said, this could potentially lead to dead servers and as long as evony has a plan for that "Regular server merges" then I can see it being a problem. Either way the dice roll on this one I will be ok with it, but if the decision is to not institute the strat then the next best thing is " GET RID OF HERO CAPPING" we already have to contend with heroes and energy and poison lowering htta energy base, there is no need for game to allow hero capping. Now watch all the fluffers from CA1 posting, but we need hero capping lol
    Hero capping is a needed and essential tool for defending. Instead of eliminating hero capping, make a few more heroes similar to the royal so you are not reduced to sending with just 1 hero. Maybe a King and a Queen, and Emperor/Empress similar to a legendary hero gained when capping your first 12. Then there would be 3 decent heroes for hitting when the rest are gone.

Only things protecting the huge cities are the bots auto trucing, auto porting, and shutting the gates and of course the big bad hitters with a moat 20 miles or more around their 16s.

Quote Originally Posted by malk1275 View Post
    you play ss74 if yes you dont even use the item and how many alts you got eh ? you pay not 2 play. do you play to the rules ?
    No i don't play that server I also don't pay to play nor do I try to compete with war cities that large. Do i have 50 alts like they do no nor do i have even 20 of them. I do not see the point in millions of mech and archers shield. Why so they run around smashing other players but have no skill or ability to defend which is why they have so many troops, people like that do not want to play the game they are just little kids running around smashing things most cry when someone smashes them which doesn't happen unless your willing to play on the same playing field they create.
    Dam that LilMoe

ME and one of my alliance mate used the new item on a target with good results
    scout
    http://ww.evonyurl.com/la1p35

MY Friend sent 4 big mech waves
    http://ww.evonyurl.com/1j76ig
    http://ww.evonyurl.com/ba57bc
    http://ww.evonyurl.com/lub8wj
    4 wave no report

I Sent 4 of the big Mech waves
    1st wave no report
    http://ww.evonyurl.com/f9shbw
    http://ww.evonyurl.com/iqn8hn
    4th wave no report

target truced before attacks were done landing

I am all for keeping the new item.
    It just sucks when u send attacks at someone with the item and the port away and ur items gets wasted
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Canon
    Chosen_72 - SS46
    We're Chosen, They're Not, That's Their Problem...

First off, I can't really say I'm totally against it. That being said, it could probably use a little "tweaking". The numbers themselves seem a bit too much. I'm not a huge player, with millions and millions of mechs. I could send about 10 of these waves maybe and then I'm left with nothing. A more reasonable amount like 200k or even 500k would be more preferred (for me of course). But in the end, the people at Evony need to find a balance. We all spend money on this game. Some more than others, but it all spends the same. If your ultimate goal is to liven things up, you accomplished it. I think at the same time, you will lose a lot of smaller players. And the servers will be left with just a handful of players with nothing to do. Maybe a secondary test is needed to really see if this an item we can use and still be able to play. There's my 2 cents, GB
    I am not a failure. I just started at the bottom and liked it here

Quote Originally Posted by ssfgrgawer View Post
    okay. that's a lot of text. rather then try to quote it individually ill wrap it up into smaller segments.

A lot of Text, not sure what sort of argument that is. My comments is directed to Evony as they make the decision.

I have no clue what status a "senior moderator is/has" except someone somewhere conferred that status and granted whatever status/honor comes with it.

I would prefer you allow my words to speak for themselves.
    Last edited by Surefire; 01-26-2016 at 01:54 AM. Reason: Fixing quote