Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 234

Thread: New item! - Stygandr's Banner of the Horde!

  1. #211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by novabomb View Post
    To much to read. Just got over a day of a stomach virus so yeah

    You didn't give me a example but rather blew it off with a "everyone knows". I can't predict evony's exact closing; no one can unless they were somehow in Ucool's loop

    I can see how someone who knows nothing about code would also blow off my stolen game + banner code. The point was to show the laziness and shadiness of the company you hand your CC to. People like you somehow can't see that so my posts are not for you, but rather for anyone sane enough to follow my advice. To simply research a company to give your paypal and CC to plus allow your computer to be monitored by. Just do me that one favor ok?

    Lastly yes I have played the game. The fact that anyone gets going over porting and looting is pretty scary since that can be a mental issue. I played the game for fun and in the end to make $1,000+ dollars off it.
    I doubt you played the game ot its potential but I have no evidence so that is a moot point. Chances are you were either a farmer or a noob. A social player maybe. I dont know nor can I prove my gut feeeling.

    I gave you examples, several. Youd know that if you read -_- You are full of excuses there. If you can't take my post seriously why should I take yours? Theyre above. Dont attack me for mot addressing your post thoroughly just because you have a stomach virus and cant read.

    Youve addressed barely anything I said. I won't repeat it.

    But i will repeat, who cares if the game is or isnt lazy?answer that at least. Why does it matter, if the game is fun?

    Youve suddenly lost your argumentatuve spirit, whats wrong?
    The_Just & H Miramar ss38.

  2. #212

    Default

    Um you didn't list new things. You listed new items which again do not count as new features. They are new items.......... none of them add something but rather increase or decrease something that exists. FF = increase speed. Banner = increase rally troops. You can argue they "changed" the game, but they are not new features.

    To help you out. Age 2's HH + HC system was a new feature compared to age 1's system. Brand new with nothing like it before.

    You like to say a gut feeling on my....... what you would mistakenly call skill (since the game hasn't required skill since the invent of bots) without much reason. It sounds like a more educated mega attack to me honestly. I mean have I even brought up personal stuff against you at all? Don't you think attacking my "skill" is a bit personal and low? Back to the subject whether anyone was good in this game is pointless. The "good" are the ones who spent countless hours and/or money trying to understand the game's mech and other things along with writing scripts for a bot they know nothing about using (truthfully). Now before bots you can say some of this game took honest to god skill (rather than memorizing or testing) but now anyone could be big given the time + money (See age 2's Ted....... still has yet to PVP one person including me when i begged him to!)

    I know some people know me on this game, and I am betting many will call me a noob due to hate. Na56 onward i wasn't playing but rather making money on a dying game (just not on na58). People from na58 should know my alliance (which i lead) was the only alliance to stand against 365 (atlantis holder lead by GHONJA) which took at least some guts.

    I'll answer your final two questions:

    "fun" is whatever a person thinks. I thought this was fun back in the old days but after na50s it was complete **** (not only because of bots). Ucool is almost 100% to blame because human nature dictates that if one person gains a upper hand. Everyone else will slowly do the same. It's the job of the game owners to prevent bots thru coding/banning/reporting.

    Again i just got over a 24hr stomach virus. It was not a fun day so i was not on for long
    Last edited by novabomb; 06-07-2016 at 12:20 AM.

  3. #213

    Default

    Ok i seriously need this answered so i am posting a new post just for this

    Can anyone answer why you can dispute Ucool's paypal without any fighting?

    Please answer with your reasoning so I can see if your right

  4. #214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by novabomb View Post
    Um you didn't list new things. You listed new items which again do not count as new features. They are new items.......... none of them add something but rather increase or decrease something that exists. FF = increase speed. Banner = increase rally troops. You can argue they "changed" the game, but they are not new features.

    To help you out. Age 2's HH + HC system was a new feature compared to age 1's system. Brand new with nothing like it before.

    You like to say a gut feeling on my....... what you would mistakenly call skill (since the game hasn't required skill since the invent of bots) without much reason. It sounds like a more educated mega attack to me honestly. I mean have I even brought up personal stuff against you at all? Don't you think attacking my "skill" is a bit personal and low? Back to the subject whether anyone was good in this game is pointless. The "good" are the ones who spent countless hours and/or money trying to understand the game's mech and other things along with writing scripts for a bot they know nothing about using (truthfully). Now before bots you can say some of this game took honest to god skill (rather than memorizing or testing) but now anyone could be big given the time + money (See age 2's Ted....... still has yet to PVP one person including me when i begged him to!)

    I know some people know me on this game, and I am betting many will call me a noob due to hate. Na56 onward i wasn't playing but rather making money on a dying game (just not on na58). People from na58 should know my alliance (which i lead) was the only alliance to stand against 365 (atlantis holder lead by GHONJA) which took at least some guts.

    I'll answer your final two questions:

    "fun" is whatever a person thinks. I thought this was fun back in the old days but after na50s it was complete **** (not only because of bots). Ucool is almost 100% to blame because human nature dictates that if one person gains a upper hand. Everyone else will slowly do the same. It's the job of the game owners to prevent bots thru coding/banning/reporting.

    Again i just got over a 24hr stomach virus. It was not a fun day so i was not on for long
    I spent 20+ minutes writing up a reply to this, only to have me kicked from the system and need to relog. My reply here won't be as detailed as a result as it initially was.

    First off, having read back, I should not have mentioned the possibility of you being a noob. I'll replace that with whether you were/are a farmer, a conservative player who hasn't responded to changing times or inexperienced. The reference to my gut feeling is me pointing out my doubt that you have enjoyed everything this game has to offer. Given I know who you are after reading so many of your posts in so many threads, I believe in a different environment in game you might enjoy it more and see what I meant about "getting off" at the game when you called me sick or whatever lol.

    FEATURES/CHANGES

    - Age 1 -> Age 2, later building on the first and introducing so many things. That in itself was innovative by the game, a word you dispute. I dont play Age 2, can't refer to specific things there. Note; Commanders of evony and that 4th thing that came out recently are more spin-offs - 'changes'
    -Items -> I consider them new features, despite their introduction being very simple coding or whatever. Thats not relevant. What is is that every major item introduced has changed the game from what it was years ago. The banner item can't be blocked and rather then risk 10 heroes, you risk 1. Those things are serious. FF heightens the intensity of battles, encourages attacking and reinforcements. That new feature provided positive externalities. The Plague thing makes it hard for serial-holidayers (lol) to rebuild if used right and effectively. Stone of finding.. not perfect, but major improvment. These things and more have changed the game a lot. I don't know what features you're advocating could be better then this?
    -Anyway, the fact that when in war port or adv port cooldown, you can attack and the cooldown periods are shorter. New features, no? Not exactly new items, right?
    -MAJOR: 4 years ago they introduced the comfort prestige reform and I made a thread about it where many complained about it being unfair and that it supported bullies. In stead of a few thousand, it costs up to 10million to comfort now! History has vindicated my view at the time. This new FEATURE crippled the invincibility of b0ts. I've capped many b0tted cities.
    -24hr cooldown when exiting alliance. New feature, disincentivising leaving an alliance and making rescue attempts or transfers slightly more complicated. Not major really, but a FEATURE.
    -SERVER MERGERS when they first came out. Is that a feature, no?

    The whole point of my mushroom sauce extended metaphor was to explore what you meant by feature and whether the game svcked in its absence.

    'Anyone can be big given time and money.' Correct. Both BEFORE and AFTER b0ts.
    What I DISPUTE however is that given time, money and using the b0t, a player can be skillful. NO. 95% don't understand the ways rounds work and how troops choose targets or move. Is this a bad thing though? No, I don't insist people svck and should drop off a bridge over it -_-. Its fine. BUT. Having skill and being in a position where you can attack at your pleasure, that not only should be the goal for most evony FIGHTERS, but is a key way to enjoy everything this game has to offer.

    Like I said, its people to blame for the ills of the game. What you described as human nature is correct. Herego, no one was threatened by the b0t developers to play with it. They chose it. Evony is to blame for not enforcing the ToS, but nothing more. Reality is people are to blame, but we could also be responsible for any solutions too.

    'Fun' - again, my reference to gut feeling was disputing whether you had the full extent of that word. I feel you wouldn't be so anti-evony if you could understand that is has delighted many people over time. This game isn't bad. Its worth playing. Those are things you have disputed in other threads. In one in particular, you told a player not to even try the game. Thats what I dispute, not....

    Quote Originally Posted by novabomb View Post
    Ok i seriously need this answered so i am posting a new post just for this

    Can anyone answer why you can dispute Ucool's paypal without any fighting?

    Please answer with your reasoning so I can see if your right
    ... the question whether evony is evil, or has questionable legitimacy as a game or as a business. That may well be the case, I'm not going to argue on the subject particularly when I, a non-coiner, don't encounter such issues. I don't have an answer worth typing up or defending as a view.

    And to re-iterate, all my posts up until now have been centered on whether you are right about evony being worthless, dull or a waste of time.

    Clearly you were wrong.

    And to make this relevant to the thread, without a doubt banners are just one of the many waves this game has improved.

    Only point I'll concede is that thy should be rarer. There would then be a huge disincentive to use them against really small players. But, those who choose to use it, I would not label bullies.

    Just morons.

    Anyway, hope you're feeling better. I admit my first post was to get you riled up and so we could have this rather pleasant argument where I would destroy that illegitimate, pessimistic view of the game you have.

    Its a good game, and it will remain as such. People should have a go at it undoubtedly.

    If you really have a problem with it so badly, its time to move on and do something else with your life. You aren't some saint in these forums warning everyone of the bad evil.

    Besides, I never said the game cares for us. Can you quote me to the contrary?
    Last edited by MirsDej; 06-07-2016 at 01:37 AM.
    The_Just & H Miramar ss38.

  5. #215

    Default

    Ok no server merges are not a feature. They are server merges which almost all games like this do. Very common pratice do not add anything to a game. I already explained how items do not add to a game but rather increase or decrease something; minus the stone of finding (which was a failure of a item i must say)

    "What I DISPUTE however is that given time, money and using the b0t, a player can be skillful. NO. 95% don't understand the ways rounds work and how troops choose targets or move. Is this a bad thing though? No, I don't insist people svck and should drop off a bridge over it -_-. Its fine. BUT. Having skill and being in a position where you can attack at your pleasure, that not only should be the goal for most evony FIGHTERS, but is a key way to enjoy everything this game has to offer."

    sorry for quoting like this but oh well. You really agree with me on this topic but maybe misunderstood my "ted" thing. In this game a player/seller plays all age 2 worlds taking most the top HHs and owning 100-500 alts per server. He has more than enough firepower to literally spam someone out to death. Course he never has due to never PVPing before nonetheless people do fear the little guy oddly. He represents the 5% of 95% or so of players like this. Oh also i should add in my playing i have been beaten by pure archer wave spam + broken gate + FF with him at 1 mile from my 14. They lost around 10x-15x my losts but due to more troops/alts won. Thats a major issue with this game's "skill"

    "Besides, I never said the game cares for us. Can you quote me to the contrary? "

    Nope agree 100% since evony came out, but you didn't answer my question. I wasn't trying to pull up a is evony worthwhile or anything. It's just a legit question. It has many answers and i am wondering what yours would be.

    "This game isn't bad"

    Like all games it can be abused personally. Abused as in harm a player mentally, physically, or their lives. I have had players who have done crazy dumb things for the game. People living off minimum wage spending money on it to get back at some rich kid. The game is flawed in the sense of all out war with 10,000,000 presige fighting 100,000. Now i know prestige don't mean ****, but at 100,000 naturally without donations you won't have as much as a 10,000,000 presige (who didn't presige boast a ton). The game in my eyes are designed for bullies to go at it.

    "If you really have a problem with it so badly, its time to move on and do something else with your life."


    Other than warn people, I am on this to argue because i honestly enjoy it. I am doing other things with my life. Other than college and jobs and whatnot, I have (surprisingly and randomly) been contacted by someone who might be giving life to my old "new game" project. If you checked my post on new game ideas, you might have a idea on what i am doing. I will hopefully just replace evony with a better version of itself. I already have 30% of the back-end code done lol

    "Reality is people are to blame, but we could also be responsible for any solutions too."

    If evony enforced it's ToS, bots wouldn't exist. Again i believe human nature dictates us to try to get a upper hand on someone. That is the reason for a bot; a upper hand + less repeat farming crap. You can't blame people for using it. I held out till na57 using bots and glitchs because I was tired of having my game destroyed. Every player was forced or chose to switch, but i believe more were forced.

  6. #216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by novabomb View Post
    Ok no server merges are not a feature. They are server merges which almost all games like this do. Very common pratice do not add anything to a game. I already explained how items do not add to a game but rather increase or decrease something; minus the stone of finding (which was a failure of a item i must say)

    "What I DISPUTE however is that given time, money and using the b0t, a player can be skillful. NO. 95% don't understand the ways rounds work and how troops choose targets or move. Is this a bad thing though? No, I don't insist people svck and should drop off a bridge over it -_-. Its fine. BUT. Having skill and being in a position where you can attack at your pleasure, that not only should be the goal for most evony FIGHTERS, but is a key way to enjoy everything this game has to offer."

    sorry for quoting like this but oh well. You really agree with me on this topic but maybe misunderstood my "ted" thing. In this game a player/seller plays all age 2 worlds taking most the top HHs and owning 100-500 alts per server. He has more than enough firepower to literally spam someone out to death. Course he never has due to never PVPing before nonetheless people do fear the little guy oddly. He represents the 5% of 95% or so of players like this. Oh also i should add in my playing i have been beaten by pure archer wave spam + broken gate + FF with him at 1 mile from my 14. They lost around 10x-15x my losts but due to more troops/alts won. Thats a major issue with this game's "skill"

    "Besides, I never said the game cares for us. Can you quote me to the contrary? "

    Nope agree 100% since evony came out, but you didn't answer my question. I wasn't trying to pull up a is evony worthwhile or anything. It's just a legit question. It has many answers and i am wondering what yours would be.

    "This game isn't bad"

    Like all games it can be abused personally. Abused as in harm a player mentally, physically, or their lives. I have had players who have done crazy dumb things for the game. People living off minimum wage spending money on it to get back at some rich kid. The game is flawed in the sense of all out war with 10,000,000 presige fighting 100,000. Now i know prestige don't mean ****, but at 100,000 naturally without donations you won't have as much as a 10,000,000 presige (who didn't presige boast a ton). The game in my eyes are designed for bullies to go at it.

    "If you really have a problem with it so badly, its time to move on and do something else with your life."


    Other than warn people, I am on this to argue because i honestly enjoy it. I am doing other things with my life. Other than college and jobs and whatnot, I have (surprisingly and randomly) been contacted by someone who might be giving life to my old "new game" project. If you checked my post on new game ideas, you might have a idea on what i am doing. I will hopefully just replace evony with a better version of itself. I already have 30% of the back-end code done lol

    "Reality is people are to blame, but we could also be responsible for any solutions too."

    If evony enforced it's ToS, bots wouldn't exist. Again i believe human nature dictates us to try to get a upper hand on someone. That is the reason for a bot; a upper hand + less repeat farming crap. You can't blame people for using it. I held out till na57 using bots and glitchs because I was tired of having my game destroyed. Every player was forced or chose to switch, but i believe more were forced.
    I listed server mergers last on the list of several things, anticipating it not really be a feature per se.

    I disagree on your view of items. Stone of Finding has some use, even if not perfect.

    I'm not well informed on whats going on in Age 2. I just know that its the skillful, aggressive players that tend to dominate servers. Not serial, clueless spammers.

    I don't have an answer to your question, nor is it relevant to me or our conversation.

    I don't believe bullies generally exist in this game. But thats certainly open to dispute, however I covered why I believe so.

    Good luck with your idea, I'm also a university student btw.

    Its not as simple as demanding evony simply enforce their ToS. Their hands are tied now. However, I don't necessarily believe b0ts are a bad or have destroyed the game. I've written a lot on the subject. They've merely evolved it. I'd rather argue against multi accounting. Its people who are capable of finding a solution even within their own servers as to how they can stimulate enjoyment in the game.
    Last edited by MirsDej; 06-07-2016 at 09:10 PM.
    The_Just & H Miramar ss38.

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Rock N Rollin to a town near you !!!
    Posts
    3,630

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MirsDej View Post
    I don't believe bullies generally exist in this game.
    Have you met Bitty?

    Play nice kiddys. Dont make ssf come here and have to actually moderate things.


    Sig Courtesy Of Sickness!
    Bomben - Great Phract Smack - My History
    Quote Originally Posted by davemata View Post
    ssssssssffffdrdrawers. You can't tell me to stop being who I am.

  8. #218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MirsDej View Post
    I disagree on your view of items. Stone of Finding has some use, even if not perfect.
    I never said it doesn't have uses. I just said it's a failure as the item is flawed. Not done as it should have

    Quote Originally Posted by MirsDej View Post
    I don't have an answer to your question, nor is it relevant to me or our conversation.
    Quote Originally Posted by novabomb View Post
    Can anyone
    My question was phrased to everyone and anyone. Though i did want a answer from you purely to see a answer. I guess I'll take no answer as the answer?

    Quote Originally Posted by MirsDej View Post
    Its not as simple as demanding evony simply enforce their ToS. Their hands are tied now. However, I don't necessarily believe b0ts are a bad or have destroyed the game. I've written a lot on the subject. They've merely evolved it. I'd rather argue against multi accounting. Its people who are capable of finding a solution even within their own servers as to how they can stimulate enjoyment in the game.
    Well nothing nonliving is evil (minus zombies). It's a person who makes it evil, but my point is that "evil" (replaced bad for the sake of it) or "low" is whatever everyone thinks it is. Only a certain amount of players are "evil"/"low" but as time goes on more and more do what those people do. This is basically the use of alts summed up. A few did it, ****ed off people or abused stuff, caused people to do the same. Another great way to sum up this example is another simple example! You might remember this from your childhood.
    "if everyone else is doing it, why can't I?"

    Evony hands might be tied now, but bots have existed since age I in much simpler forms. Evony just never had the programmers (or a programmer) to cut this off early. While I have commented stopping a bot is insanely hard; you can stop it or at least make it crazy difficult. Evony did neither of these and the recent increase in bots is simply bots becoming more public and accepted.
    Last edited by novabomb; 06-08-2016 at 12:33 AM.

  9. #219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ssfgrgawer View Post
    Have you met Bitty?

    Play nice kiddys. Dont make ssf come here and have to actually moderate things.
    But I'm a good boy :P My ways are The-Justly ways

    Point noted, and we're fine. I think having gotten our points across this conversation is practically over.

    Though, to nova,

    I don't know what the answer to the question is. Its beyond my experience with the game, I certainly haven't tried claiming funds back primarily because I don't really coin lol. The ONE time I coined I had no issue that encouraged me to raise a dispute with UCool.

    And nova, do you agree with my list, excluding items & server mergers, of features? Are we at the understanding that the game has introduced new things and is capable of playing a further innovative role which is precisely how our debate began? If so, then I'm content and this conversation has practically terminated.

    And people who are determined can be in a position to make a fool out of the people like the one ken has described. People can offer solutions to problems associated with the game. My alliance regularly hosts competitions for example, and we have a lot of fun attacking.

    The banner item is a feature in that it has effects beyond its explicit effect. It has changed the dynamic of the game. You can go to the toilet and have your war city cleared. Its quite something really.
    Last edited by MirsDej; 06-08-2016 at 01:25 AM.
    The_Just & H Miramar ss38.

  10. #220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MirsDej View Post
    And nova, do you agree with my list, excluding items & server mergers, of features? Are we at the understanding that the game has introduced new things and is capable of playing a further innovative role which is precisely how our debate began? If so, then I'm content and this conversation has practically terminated.
    Sadly no. The game i played before this added new things that had never been seen. Added functions to fuse rare items, Made dungons you had to go thru for stuff (Dungons was not the best word), and added new heros (kind of like HH everyone can get thru many means)

    Evony did the bare minimum on everything it did, and has yet to fix problems that have been around for years. From a morale standpoint, the game is just horrible

    This is why I even created the base for a game to replace evony all together lol. Only thing hard about evony is the battle mechs. Other than that it's a month of off-handed work

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •