Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: New item! - Stygandr's Banner of the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by novabomb View Post
    Sadly no. The game i played before this added new things that had never been seen. Added functions to fuse rare items, Made dungons you had to go thru for stuff (Dungons was not the best word), and added new heros (kind of like HH everyone can get thru many means)

Evony did the bare minimum on everything it did, and has yet to fix problems that have been around for years. From a morale standpoint, the game is just horrible

This is why I even created the base for a game to replace evony all together lol. Only thing hard about evony is the battle mechs. Other than that it's a month of off-handed work
    lol, well we are at an impasse it would appear.

Good luck with constructing that game you have in mind. If it works out, do let us know. I feel though such encouragement isn't necessary as you'll announce it anyway lol :P
    Last edited by MirsDej; 06-08-2016 at 08:41 AM.
    The_Just & H Miramar ss38.

Oh knowing me i will post it everywhere. I am terrible with keeping my projects secret (age 1 private server, new game, auto ammy collector, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by novabomb View Post
    Oh knowing me i will post it everywhere. I am terrible with keeping my projects secret (age 1 private server, new game, auto ammy collector, etc)
    lol. A private server where people can play without b0ts could be good. Evony could do that, even if they can't enforce the ToS.
    The_Just & H Miramar ss38.

Yes, someone recreated age 1 entirely from scratch. Problem is the never posted the finish project but posted a unfinished one. If you like age 1 without all the battling, it could be fun lol

Sadly they coding this in C++ which i never learned AND it was a giant project + complex compared to what i could learn in a short amount of time. It got trashed after we got the broken one up for 3 days

ruined the game completely, along with that so have the many many alts whitch is why me and atleast ten players that have played since day have left, game is no longer enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by Steezy. View Post
    ruined the game completely, along with that so have the many many alts whitch is why me and atleast ten players that have played since day have left, game is no longer enjoyable
    truth is you just dont know how to play... you are part of the problem needing lots of troops to not be killed now with banners you dont know how to not get wiped as its not as hard to kill your lil kiwi fruit donkey....

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMandthe2nd View Post
    truth is you just dont know how to play... you are part of the problem needing lots of troops to not be killed now with banners you dont know how to not get wiped as its not as hard to kill your lil kiwi fruit donkey....
    MegaMan, your post wasn't constructed in a very intelligible manner, so I'll do my best to understand it.

Steezy is right in saying that the game has taken a pretty bad turn. The game, Evony, is one of the few games I have played where updates make it worse.

There was a time when this game had a decent skill gap and the funny thing is that during that time players were actually better skilled at the game than they are now. Most of those good players have quit (I'm not as motivated to play either due to many things one being the banner item). I remember one of the best players I fought on early ss45 (before he left due to flat sweeps and fillers starting up); he was the first person other than myself and teammates to know how to tradefire archers vs archers and forced me to really defend. Yesterday, someone tried to kill my city with 90k archers using 3 archer rainbows then thought he did damage and sent 3 100k phract bombs (he lost everything and killed nothing)

Anyway, the banner of the horde item is just another example of game developers dumming down the game and making it laughable among players who enjoy skill gaps and learning. I can go in more detail later possibly, if I feel like it that is. :P

#restorethebalance

Quote Originally Posted by Septycon View Post
    MegaMan, your post wasn't constructed in a very intelligible manner, so I'll do my best to understand it.

Steezy is right in saying that the game has taken a pretty bad turn. The game, Evony, is one of the few games I have played where updates make it worse.

There was a time when this game had a decent skill gap and the funny thing is that during that time players were actually better skilled at the game than they are now. Most of those good players have quit (I'm not as motivated to play either due to many things one being the banner item). I remember one of the best players I fought on early ss45 (before he left due to flat sweeps and fillers starting up); he was the first person other than myself and teammates to know how to tradefire archers vs archers and forced me to really defend. Yesterday, someone tried to kill my city with 90k archers using 3 archer rainbows then thought he did damage and sent 3 100k phract bombs (he lost everything and killed nothing)

Anyway, the banner of the horde item is just another example of game developers dumming down the game and making it laughable among players who enjoy skill gaps and learning. I can go in more detail later possibly, if I feel like it that is. :P

#restorethebalance
    Sadly you are a poor defender and unable to adapt. A lot of us played when 100k archers were a lot and we still play now. No one banner one shots my cities while I'm online unless I have 9 marches going in every city and I can't add sufficient troops

Quote Originally Posted by iamme View Post
    Sadly you are a poor defender and unable to adapt. A lot of us played when 100k archers were a lot and we still play now. No one banner one shots my cities while I'm online unless I have 9 marches going in every city and I can't add sufficient troops
    I don't think I should even reply to that nonsense septycon posted. I don't think any update from evony has been bad except for maybe the stone of finding I think they need to get rid of that. fleet feet good, broken gates good, poisons used in the right situations good, xmas/haunted castles good, banners good, The items make the game more fun and force you to adapt to change. skill wise the banners don't change much. But for a decent attacker they get the same outcome with far less effort.

Quote Originally Posted by iamme View Post
    You don't judge me that well in regards to defending, considering there are defenses that never started on 3 out of 3 of my servers until I both did them and taught them to allies including traps on walls, pults with balli layer to block scouts, and numerous layer combinations to minimize losses in many situations. Using my signature pult defense setup, I was basically unbreakable until gatebreaks came along.

Gatebreaks changed the game by eliminating the ability to add scouts as bomb cover. It also took away bait and switch techniques that attackers would use. Let's be honest, it dummed the game down. The adjustment to counter this dumming of the game was to either use other troops to cover the bombs hoping that attacker is bad or to use floating method to keep troops out of sight until you need them. I would also be lieing if I said many of my biggest hits weren't from using the gatebreaks, but the truth is I only used them 2secs before hits landed to give the person a chance to open. But, I refuse to be blinded from the facts for my own personal agenda like so many of you dorks :P

Fleet Feets changed the game where bad players could send wrecklessly sequenced attacks and make some damage before the player can use their knowledge against the attacker. It also allowed bot attackers to break the game by timing a set of waves to land quicker than is possible in the game client. The only real benefit is that there was a learning curve if you actually figured out how to camptime them properly like myself (to the point where players think you use the bot).

Islands are caused by both Gatebreaks and Fleet Feets. Players are tired of having to defend up so close. So the real question is do Fleet Feets help with this? I doubt it. Well actually they don't because hubs or islands are more used now than they ever were before.

Don't kid yourself. It's pretty obvious that the game has been being "improved" for the more casual, not-so-knowledgeable player fanbase aka dumming the game down.

Banner of the Horde item specifically, allows any player to send too many troops that the defender can effectively withstand without having 10 times more than the normal troop numbers. For example, someone can send a million mechs with layers and a 1k hero... you will try to sacrifice 500k archers so your rams stay up for cover, but nope the mech wave still knocks off 1mil rams (cause 500k archers isn't enough to kill the mechs before they fire on the rams, "but still a bad hit"). So, then attacker sends 2 banner bombs and kills all your ballis and pults so now what. I guess defender sucks...

The adjustments are A) have 10 times the troops or B) try to only leave a 100-200k mechs at a time or C) float everything and let them waste the item

It's also worth noting that I have firsthand seen players send waves differently only cause they are allowed more troops. Even one of the best players in evony I have seen use 5k layers with 5k rams (though useless) who would never in a regular attack, cause that would only allow about 30k mechs or scouts. I have seen bad players all around who send unlayered mechs for regular attacks to kill nothing then send a banner attack and add 2500 of each layer and are able to open defense just enough to bomb it a few times all dead.

It only advantages over-the-top troop counts, having more banner items, and those who use alts with banner items to bomb or descout. End of story.

Instead of blaming someone's skill, I suggest using some logic. And, there are far more words that can be used to discuss this topic so I tried to make it brief and to the point. Thanks.

Ego in check please! :P
    Last edited by Septycon; 08-28-2016 at 12:16 AM.