Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New item! - Stygandr's Banner of the Horde!

I'm actually surprised to see so many positive opinions on this item.. I think it's an awful idea. I think it's quite possibly the worst idea they've had so far amongst many many bad ideas. I'm not a weak player, I'm not in a crappy alliance. I'm typically top 5 on all 3 heroes, top 10 overall on any server I play in top alliances (not bragging, just giving perspective so people don't assume I'm just a whiney noob). Yeah this item will make attacking fun because destroying your target is always fun but... the target is going to be most unhappy. My skype has already blown up with "I quit" and I've even seen a couple people reset. Not even a goodbye, just a flat out reset.

Not everyone on evony is running a hundred+ alts with instant pult heroes. Not everyone has a chance to recover from the damage this item will do. This item will allow even a mediocre player to completely destroy a medium sized player in a single set. The noobs may as well reset and chargeback now, they're done for.

I don't think the benefit of a massive archer shield was ever protection from mech attacks, it was just a way to wear down the mech heroes on the attacker before they got to the "real" troops. This is no longer an issue. You won't be doing ram defense instead, even a scout bomb with 1mil scouts is gonna take out 10k+ rams per hit, a million layered mechs hitting those rams well.. ouch. You won't be using trans defense. You won't be going with a mech defense under the assumption you have simply too many ballista/pults for them to scout bomb down within a 1 hour gate breaker. Basically you just won't be using any kind of defense. The game mechanics are just not setup for 1mil troops hitting you within a single attack. I get it, you want people attacking. But they gotta be attacking people. If those people can't ever feel safe, or even be safe if they're sitting here actively defending, then they're not gonna play the game. Does anyone remember embassy bombing how we laughed and laughed that people couldn't defend it? Well evony just made it possible without the messy need to join the alliance and reinforce.

I've seen a few saying "oh don't worry, it's only for 4 days.. only a max of 20 items". Wrong. It's only for 4 days right now. When their greedy number crunchers decide they can make money off it, it will be in the shop & on the wheel every promo, and bought by the 1000's by your favorite neighborhood coiner. Only 20 items right now? Wrong. Only 20 items per account right now. It's not that hard for people to build scouts on their hundred+ alts to hit you with 1mil scout bombs all day.

This item will destroy what is left of evony. This basically should be a super server item only. The servers already have so much lag as it is from people running 100 feeders to feed their main account, you do nothing to fix the lag, and now we have an item that encourages this all the more. People who do not spend money on 3rd party items like ip hiders, vpn's and proxies and such are just going to quit the game as there is no possible way to defend against this from a larger player. This will completely kill the game for the casual player who still spends money on actual Evony items as opposed to on 3rd party items which bring evony no revenue at all. For an established super server, this is a great item. For a regular server only several months old, you have just tipped the scales even further to what is already ruining the game. Maybe you should put forth the effort into fixing the lag on servers and booting over the top players such as Venky rather thank coming up with these gimmicks. It would be nice to encourage some skill again and allow people to time attacks rather than just put forth all their troops into a few waves with this gadget.

I agree Earl the only people this item helps is the people with the massive troop counts. There is no defense against this item people will port, truce, holiday. This item takes away your ability to defend, playing gates is a large part of this. When gate breakers came along we all adjusted but the normal battle mechanics still applied. Now this has changed even that. 6 players on 1 player all of them using this item how long will a person last? Evony better get ready for massive merges because they will kill servers fast. I know if this item stays then I and many players on our almost dead server will be done. What is the point of playing and building troops when you can't defend. For those that say this helps kill the massive players it doesn't!!!! even if you have 6 players attacking 1 with 200m archers and 30 mil pults, 30mil bali the truth is they have enough res to rebuild what ever is lost. Most of them can rebuild in less than 24 hours. For those that say this is not possible of course it is have 50 alt's build troops kill said troops then take the city for the heal. they will also port holiday or truce before they let you have their resources.
    Dam that LilMoe

other reports.. Shared by Londres:
    1.6m SR with HH http://www.evonyurl.com/oyhgl9
    1.5m archbow w/HH http://evonyurl.com/lfcw08 (this did not save correctly and appears to be uprise)

So, maybe this will put more HHs into attack not just scout mode? Risky with hero capping.
    Last edited by Theora; 01-20-2016 at 12:34 PM. Reason: show as uprise not attack

Quote Originally Posted by ssfgrgawer View Post
    I know exactly the type of people who will not like this item. Small scale players. anyone with a large war city can make the most of this item fairly easily. anyone without will basically be bending over and copping it sweet. But i think they are the ones with the least to lose. The ones who SHOULD fear this item are the ones who build hundreds of millions of archers and hide behind gate games and huge hubs. Because a few players with these items are going to turn those hundred million archers into significantly less, in not very many waves.

I predict a lot of whine followed by a lot of trucing/holidaying and porting. Im all for it. Bring on the carnage. This game needed a kick in the pants to give it some life again.
    In the words of Hans Landa, we have a bingo! This is true. You also have to think about the fact that Evony is a war game, yet one where automated defense basically breaks most if not all chances for anything but automated attack. This along with a few other things we have in the pipeline are going to be at least testing these "realities".

As for the second line... the blog and item had been live maybe 10 minutes and I was already receiving reports of knee jerk reactions, trucing, porting, and people releasing their troops in order to "protect" themselves. Which again, we go back to the fact this is a war game. We look at the stories about Evony we like, it's the massive hits, on the scale of 1980s Chicago Bears style tackling. We don't regale each other with stories of how we truced for a few days and then ported out when someone got too close to our city.

We're still tuning the item, and currently figuring out where this would fit in the grand scheme of things, so we'll see.

Flaming CHICKEN!
    Courtesy: Sturm

Quote Originally Posted by Braile View Post
    2. No value in sending anymore than 125k trans - the max it returns with is 156k trans worth (1m trans sent to get some of the 120b food in there and look what it came back with http://evonyurl.com/j6p1h4)
    3. Cant send 1.56m trans when trying to send with castle,ensign and horde banner it returns a negative in food consumption and unable to send.
    These are bugs. Can you file two separate tickets and post them here? I'll make sure they get to the dev in charge of implementation of the item.

Flaming CHICKEN!
    Courtesy: Sturm

Dave, I don't think you guys realize the stuff you (and players) don't like are CAUSED BY the stuff you guys keep doing and adding.

War teleports made people start building hubs. Hubs being those big islands of players in the middle surrounded by miles of alts and valleys. It's tough to defend at 1 mile when someone pops in right beside you.

Gate breakers and fleet feet made people start building archer shields. Archer shields being those 10's or 100's of millions of archers in compact defense. Because when someone can warport in 1 mile away and double fleet feet hit your city with scout bombs (or mechs, or whatever) and you can't even close gates.. well ouch. Even your 7 mile buffer from being in a hub doesn't help against that. But having enough archers to survive the onslought for awhile does help against that.

In order to feed these big archer shields, people started making more alts. In order to more easily start making more alts people made scripts to do more stuff automatically. Those scripts are now enabling even noobs to make 100's of alts.

Now you're adding an item to help attackers get around the hubs and the archer shields that are used because of the warports and ff/bg. I assure you that the result will not be anything you hoped. The result will be an even bigger and nastier and more alt-filled solution to protecting from horde items. I am trying really hard to imagine evony's goal in adding this item. The only thing I can come up with (other than pure future greed of course) is that you're hoping everyone will wreck each other's troops so much that they will start abandoning dozens of extra alts that are no longer needed. You're WRONG if this is the goal. People will not start running less alts. Even if they have 1 worker left to feed they will run those alts. They'll stockpile res, they'll sell res, they'll just start feeding multiple smaller accounts instead of 1 big account so that the losses are less centralized if they are hit by millions of troops per set. The only thing this item will accomplish is more heartbreak for evony players, and more lag on your servers.

If you want to make a difference in evony, start by changing some fundamental way map data is sent to the client, break the bot map scan function, stop the NQViper and similar script.
    If you want to help your paying customers, require email verification before playing.
    If you want to get cheered instead of boo'd for a change, lock the good items on the wheel (100+ cents, mars heroes, etc.) to players with prestige over 10k or so, to stop spinner accounts.
    If you want to look like you're actually putting in effort to save your dying game, go clear the 15k 0 prestige spinner accounts from bavaria on 197, or maybe ban the guy in world chat that's selling the loot they spun.
    Last edited by Ailuros; 01-20-2016 at 02:17 PM.

Dave, I don't think you guys realize the stuff you (and players) don't like are CAUSED BY the stuff you guys keep doing and adding.
    WELL SAID

I do believe they are trying to revive the game and make it more of a war game, not hoarder game. For everything they add, they create more alts/nightmares. It appears they make their money opening new servers, resulting in horrible lag on ALL servers. Some servers have so many alts added, no one can join the server as no flats available. Does Evony not see a problem with this?

The Christmas package was a delight to see and very generous on Evony's part.

Voting Alts (just get rid of Governor, problem solved), Spinning Alts (just make the Wheel of Crap even worse), Hero Capping (there has to be a compromise on this one), still issues on all servers.

And, Dave, since you are listening here... how about allowing more than 100 members in an alliance?
    Last edited by ssfgrgawer; 01-20-2016 at 05:30 PM. Reason: double post merged

This is being posted from a concerned team member who does not use the forums.......I personally have no opinion on the item as of yet other than why don't 1.56 million transports bring back the right amount of res......

"If Evony ownership and management can't see for themselves that the implementation of this item on Age I servers will nearly instantly cause them a monthly loss of nearly 80% of their income... let them install it on a regular basis and they will just have to go back to work like normal people that will no longer play this game!"

may as well remove gates from gameplay at this point.