Thread: Warriors VS Pikemen VS Swordsmen and making a solid defense

Default Warriors VS Pikemen VS Swordsmen and making a solid defense

I've been playing the game for a while now, and I'm a bit curious as to how I should build my army before beginner's protection runs out. I immediately thought that Archers and Swordsmen were the way to go for an excellent defense, but apparently Warriors are very popular, and Pikemen are also a decent unit. What kind of army would you say is the most optimal for a new player coming out of beginner's protection? I obviously have a fair amount of time left to build up some troops, but I want to know what's the most optimal strategy for me right now so I have the best chances of survival.

In addition, I have a few more questions. Don't Swordsmen scale harder than Warriors and Pikemen? With research bonuses it seems like Swordsmen are the top infantry unit for defense, simply because they have higher base stats. And another thing: Why are Pikemen so strong against mounted units? Cavalry clearly have superior stats all across the board, even in range. Is there some sort of hidden "type effectiveness" going on? Are they programmed to be vulnerable when fighting Pikemen? Next, I'd like to know how many scouts I should keep to help prevent getting scouted, how many I should have right now and how much I should worry about training scouts.

Thank you for your time, I hope to learn as much as possible and have a decent army before I run out of beginner's protection

Welcome to the game what server are you on so i can tell people not to murder you. New people are always welcome and if you wanna learn i will teach you the ways of the turtle

Quote Originally Posted by iamme View Post
    Welcome to the game what server are you on so i can tell people not to murder you. New people are always welcome and if you wanna learn i will teach you the ways of the turtle
    you might not have noticed. this is a age2 thread lol i commented also but i quickly noticed it was age 2 and deleted my post lol

Quote Originally Posted by MegaMandthe2nd View Post
    you might not have noticed. this is a age2 thread lol i commented also but i quickly noticed it was age 2 and deleted my post lol
    The link directs players to age 2 it explains the lack of age 1 players

Quote Originally Posted by iamme View Post
    The link directs players to age 2 it explains the lack of age 1 players
    ikr mother rooster sukers now age2 is going to die more with age 3 coming out lol

Best advice: quit the game new person and play one of the millions of better, well built, and fun games which will cost less money or time