Page 43 of 51 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Server 200 Be Big?

Quote Originally Posted by TheSavageOne View Post
    I cant talk against snor, ive actually seen him in action. And can admit hes better then me, im still calling conan out though until he proves hes better then me.

As for existing servers, starting a year into a server with a fresh account seems pointless. Though i wouldnt mind playing on a SS. everyone has their own opinion on how to "fix" the game, but trying something new seems smarter then continuing to watch age 1 die. Sure maybe my idea wouldnt work, but maybe it would. Thats the thing about opinions right? So the logical thing to do is to do the same thing theyve been doing? Definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results.

Anyways conan, if S200 does come out i ask you to be there, show me how "Great" you are, and ill openly admit your better then me. Until then, you just talk a large amount of crap with no proof that your any better then the standard player. Looking through forums im not sure ive even seen you post a report. just a lot of talk.
    well lets see you admit snorlax is better than you and im better than him and he hasnt nor should he deny that. why should I (the champion) come to you (not even a low ranking contender) to prove anything that everyone but you (an idiot) already knows?

as of existing servers, iv started most late several months upto several years iv dominated them all. its not my fault you buy as much as you can and quit servers early never achieving much. the only person you have ever been known to beat is rogue and he is one of the worst players to ever play!

and im pretty sure the definition for insanity is not what you say, that is just something einstein said. Evony is not repeating the same action expecting a different result they are just doing nothing and expecting nothing. its funny watching you try to sound philosophical and smart but, insanity definition, the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness. or extreme foolishness or irrationality. they both describe you very well.

You say all i do is talk a large amount of crap, when that is all you are doing you have no proof you are better than me or anyone else. uv not destroyed servers continuously. uv never done anything you understanding of the mechanics is non existent the few small things you do know about the game i taught you.

As for existing servers, starting a year into a server with a fresh account seems pointless. Though i wouldnt mind playing on a SS. everyone has their own opinion on how to "fix" the game, but trying something new seems smarter then continuing to watch age 1 die. Sure maybe my idea wouldnt work, but maybe it would. Thats the thing about opinions right? So the logical thing to do is to do the same thing theyve been doing? Definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results.
    This paragraph made my head spin, however I don't mean to offend. Its just that I don't understand what you are trying to say and its all over the place.

I'll try to address every sentence. I find it is important to address everything people say.

As for existing servers, starting a year into a server with a fresh account seems pointless.
    "Pointless?" Hmm.. one would argue us playing this game is pointless. That word is very heavy, and ambigious too. Whats pointless about playing an existing super server or server in Age 1?

There is a lot to offer on those servers, and in many ways I quite literally mean that. People are over-abundant with resources, heroes, cities and alts. And troops. There is a lot of room for people to receive free aid provided they can offer some energy on their part and make the server in question more fun.

Even if one was not to accept handouts, there is a lot of room for players to grow since they will be mostly left alone in the beginning. (To be fair though people like I are very territorial; make sure to avoid being too close to other cities).

Furthermore, people in older servers are experienced. Some are competent fighters, most aren't. If you love to fight you have a variety of allies, challenges or food; to be with, face and hunt down respectively.

Older servers are stable more or less. There isn't a surge of people quitting like in newer servers, so there is less uncertainty when you decide to invest in a server.

Its not pointless to try an older server.

Though i wouldnt mind playing on a SS.
    Cool.

everyone has their own opinion on how to "fix" the game, but trying something new seems smarter then continuing to watch age 1 die.
    This is where I got confused.

I agree with the first part, though argue some opinion are backed by convincing evidence and/or arguments based on a coherent theoretical framework.
    But then you say 'trying something new'

Who? Players, or the game developers? Suppose you meant players. Trying a new server does not necessarily mean trying something new. Its an illusion people easily fall for because every server follows a very similiar lifespan. Every experienced player knows what to expect, and everyone can acknowledge the critical role sellers play in a new server. Furthermore, there are very few newcomers to Age 1 - so these newer servers end up being months-long struggles between established players. There is nothing "new" here.

Age 1 dying? That most certainly is not a fact, and it is very much alive for a lot of people who aren't represented in the forums. The forums have more or less become the place where people come to complain, not celebrate. I concede that is a generalized statement though lol.

Thats the thing about opinions right? So the logical thing to do is to do the same thing theyve been doing? Definition of insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results.
    Opinions can be freely given, but are valued by how they're backed with evidence & theory. This paragraph has very little to do with what you previously said and goes on a tangent.

"...is to do the same thing theyve been doing?" -> Who is the "they?" Players, the game?

A rational agent in neoclassical economic theory optimizes their utility (satisfaction.. joy.. etc) subject to constraints (including things like budgets, time.. anything suggesting a limit). My point is people seek to get as much "bang from their buck." How do they do this? People need to be informed and decide whether a new server or an older one would satisfy them more. I've already argued the older servers need fresh blood and there is a lot of opportunity for new & old player to grow there. I've outlined problems associated with new servers (sellers, few and seldom new players, lag, unstable player base, etc).

The logical thing for people to do is to evaluate the pros and cons for new and older servers and choose for themselves. I argue though older servers and their potential for fun is under-estimated.

If you meant the game as "they," they too have to evaluate between opening a new server and merging existing ones. Most people would agree the first maximizes profit, yet its the second that is critical to the longevity of the game. There is nothing "insane"" about what the game is doing, but the game has failed to deliver for the players consistently.

Davemata being the only rep who talks with us , and that only sometimes, is sad. That said, I like him and mean no offence to him specifically lol.

Game needs to engage with the players. Opening s200 is a temp solution, but not a "fix." Can't expect a different result for continously opening new servers (if they is the game) or something "new" and sustained fun every time a server is opened (if they is players).

Bottomn line to this lengthy post is please try older servers people. We don't bite.. too much
    Last edited by MirsDej; 03-14-2017 at 10:08 PM.
    The_Just & H Miramar ss38.

im just praying they release this server

4. Default

Even just a promise not to release a server without announcing it would be nice, so i don't get up at 2am to check for the damn thing, appreciated evony

Quote Originally Posted by AnastaciaRavenClaw View Post
    Even just a promise not to release a server without announcing it would be nice, so i don't get up at 2am to check for the damn thing, appreciated evony
    Old savage the godly evony player seems to have gone quiet. its funny how he says someone needs to prove they are better than him like its not a totally common thing anyway XD I dont know many people as bad as him tbh XD

Quote Originally Posted by Vito04 View Post
    im just praying they release this server
    The Lawd has told me, yes He has, that 200 shall arrive and its arrival date is nigh indeed, uh huh.

Praise be to all who congregate on the fields of evony and smite the heathen sellers of lords and heroes.

A blessing upon you brethren and sistern!

Quote Originally Posted by tallonkeibler View Post
    The Lawd has told me, yes He has, that 200 shall arrive and its arrival date is nigh indeed, uh huh.

Praise be to all who congregate on the fields of evony and smite the heathen sellers of lords and heroes.

A blessing upon you brethren and sistern!
    ????? when is the due date???

8. Default

Lol and the homepage for it was activated last week, so whenever they possible feel like it, today was a good bet til the promo which makes it unlikely as its been a long long time since not only a new server but a new server on a promo. Friday evenings were usually the favorite night of the wee, so if not in 24 hrs than wait til 8 or 9pm next friday evening and cross your fingers again. If and its always a big IF, IF they deceide to give us the headsup and announce its coming prior to server opening, they usually give at least 24 hrs warning, but unfortunately this is hit and miss and unannounced servers were always a nice surprise. As much information as i can provide.

im praying it opens tonight or next friday! i wish mata would announce!

I have a feelin', just a feelin', that 200 will commence 3/31/17.

This time I know it's for real.

Precisely!, more or less...
    Last edited by tallonkeibler; 03-25-2017 at 07:01 AM.