Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Will Server 200 Be Big?

Good points, NA12.

I forgot to mention that when Commanders Of Evony died, there was no announcement or obituary.

The corpse is still there, with people still playing, but there's been nothing added as the "coming soon" additions have remained "coming soon" for many years now.

Terrible glitches allow die-hards to keep playing and cheating there.

So age 1 is looking more like COE as time goes by.

[QUOTE=tallonkeibler;2035248]
    Quote Originally Posted by ownagetechgeek View Post
    I believe that Evony is not over... many people will comment to the contrary, but I'll provide my reasons below:

1.) Evony purchased a new website..........

You may be right. However 199 is such a disaster and since it hasn't been fixed yet, perhaps age 1 is over. If 200 opened and it was as bad or worse than 199, would you play?

There is a person or two waiting to play 200 with 1k or more lords, no doubt. This has become a small niche game of programmers rather than gamers.

Definitely, that ties into my other point that they are trying to slow bot expansion. Lately, the bot limits per IP are getting stricter and stricter. Hopefully they can limit bots to something reasonable. I personally would play, but many people wouldn't, but the market of people who matter, big coiners, will continue to play at least for another server. Who this is harming, I don't know, and likely the smaller people who aren't programmers. I hope Evony can lower the counts on new servers, I would assume though we won't see any change on 199 or any other servers. We really need a limit of 1 MAYBE 2-3 per IP.
    Last edited by ownagetechgeek; 02-16-2017 at 11:28 PM.

1.) Yep, why wouldn't they launch a server if they are making money, and servers make money no doubt. If they were willing to do the final abuse, as you indicated they may be doing, through davemata keeping news contained, they would definitely start a server and terminate it within time. Evony as is evident from previous activities is not afraid to do a lot.

2.) That is a possibility, I won't try and hide it. Server 200 is supposed to be huge and many people will be coining, and to my previous point and as emphasized in your conclusion, they are trying to abuse the community in some way. This is because, economically a new server makes sense, the overhead of a new "server" is 300-400 dollars a month maximum (easily a server brings in at least 10k), I know from experience in the server business the costs regarding server equipment. Being those economic factors and the gains to be had, I think Evony has another reason that isn't economic, likely technological in this case, bot management as a cause for the delay.

3.) No Contest

4.) While we don't have the economic data and you have just as good of an idea that I have. The economic benefit is still there and is enough in order to make starting a new server economically viable and definitely worth their time and money. If the game is profitable now, surely, they would try and get the final dollars out of people, especially considering server 200 is expected to be really popular.

5.) I agree with you entirely, that's exactly what Evony is doing, however, many games in their mature phase do that. At this point in time Evony is a mature game that has no need for major game play improvement, there just isn't the popularity with the genre as there was 8 years ago. However, I disagree and think that the game still has at least one more server. I do agree that Evony's days are numbered though and likely 200 is one of the last servers.
    Last edited by ownagetechgeek; 02-16-2017 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tallonkeibler View Post
    Good points, NA12.

I forgot to mention that when Commanders Of Evony died, there was no announcement or obituary.

The corpse is still there, with people still playing, but there's been nothing added as the "coming soon" additions have remained "coming soon" for many years now.

Terrible glitches allow die-hards to keep playing and cheating there.

So age 1 is looking more like COE as time goes by.

I'm not saying Evony won't reach this point and I completely agree that at some point in the future, not imminently, Evony will be closed down. However, Evony is still profitable and as I've stated, servers are profitable, people over spend on servers. Evony is mature, there's no market for more development, any new development will not stimulate the market therefore, they have no reason to develop any more.

Still no s200? haha
    RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by RKZ View Post
    Still no s200? haha
    I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. There is not server, and I've stated that. However, there's no announcement of no more servers. I think we'll get one more at least.

I agree with everything youve said ownagetechgeek

I'm not saying Evony won't reach this point and I completely agree that at some point in the future, not imminently, Evony will be closed down. However, Evony is still profitable and as I've stated, servers are profitable, people over spend on servers. Evony is mature, there's no market for more development, any new development will not stimulate the market therefore, they have no reason to develop any more.
    So, 200 will be as bad as 199 with lag galore from the robots scanning the whole server for any open flat they can pounce on. More announcements in world chat on heroes, cities, and accounts for sale than alliance invites.

Whether there ever is a 200 or not hardly matters to me at this point.

I'm not sure what you're trying to get at. There is not server, and I've stated that. However, there's no announcement of no more servers. I think we'll get one more at least.
    Exactly what I said. "Still no s200?".
    And thanks for clarifying.
    RETIRED

I wasn't sure if you meant that to be a smart remark. I will state, that the chance of another server goes down and down. My argument isn't meant to be a solution and a definite answer, it is merely a collection of facts and ideas. To add to my previsous statements, Evony is extremely unpredictable, they do things that many people don't do.

I guess the answer is, we don't know, and there's no way to make a definite guess. Everything anyone has stated is pure speculation. I do hope however, Evony finds it in their "heart" if they have one, to open a new server.