Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Mass Flat Clearings Discussion

  1. #1

    Default Mass Flat Clearings Discussion

    Hi everyone.

    Lately ss38 has been having mass flat clearing nearly every day. Visually, after maint, there are only a handful of NPCs around. Player rates in states are cut as much as 70% (the stat that opens up when you click on a teleporter). This has been going on for about a month now.

    Is this happening on other servers? I wonder what its about.

    Its rather irritating. I understand some players who like to fight don't mind random porting blind folded into areas in hope of some game, but for those of us who rely on states being full for precision porting, its making it difficult to play the game. Precision porting involving fillers, or even just relying on states flipping all open flats. War ports and advance ports can only go so far before running out.

    I understand precision porting wasn't always around, but given how the game has changed since the old times, its been something some of us are accustomed to.

    With all these mass flat clearings, is this the direction the game is headed or, for whatever reason, is it an unintended outcome through some issue with the game client?

    I think if this is intended, it is an enormous benefit bestowed on defenders. Its dampening demand for porting rather considerably. I can see the game trying to force us to coin to obtain war/adv ports through the shop or chests (therefore, intentional move?)

    Not to mention; resource production has been cut almost down to the bone. I can't feed a third of my previous food bill. However, this point for me personally pales in comparison to the above.

    What do people know, and how do you all, feel about it?
    Last edited by MirsDej; 09-08-2016 at 12:44 AM.
    The_Just & H Miramar ss38.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MirsDej View Post
    Hi everyone.

    Lately ss38 has been having mass flat clearing nearly every day. Visually, after maint, there are only a handful of NPCs around. Player rates in states are cut as much as 70% (the stat that opens up when you click on a teleporter). This has been going on for about a month now.

    Is this happening on other servers? I wonder what its about.

    Its rather irritating. I understand some players who like to fight don't mind random porting blind folded into areas in hope of some game, but for those of us who rely on states being full for precision porting, its making it difficult to play the game. Precision porting involving fillers, or even just relying on states flipping all open flats. War ports and advance ports can only go so far before running out.

    I understand precision porting wasn't always around, but given how the game has changed since the old times, its been something some of us are accustomed to.

    With all these mass flat clearings, is this the direction the game is headed or, for whatever reason, is it an unintended outcome through some issue with the game client?

    I think if this is intended, it is an enormous benefit bestowed on defenders. Its dampening demand for porting rather considerably. I can see the game trying to force us to coin to obtain war/adv ports through the shop or chests (therefore, intentional move?)

    Not to mention; resource production has been cut almost down to the bone. I can't feed a third of my previous food bill. However, this point for me personally pales in comparison to the above.

    What do people know, and how do you all, feel about it?
    Tactic to starve biggwr warcities? Less npcs= less resources. Honestly with trebbing you should be able to random til the cows come home jusg depends on how patient you are i suppose. I dont see it as an attempt to make you coin.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by iamme View Post
    Tactic to starve biggwr warcities? Less npcs= less resources. Honestly with trebbing you should be able to random til the cows come home jusg depends on how patient you are i suppose. I dont see it as an attempt to make you coin.

    I had doubts about it being a tactic to make us coin, I was just floating the idea.

    Yeah, there is that. Trebbing is not a problem, though it takes a tonne more ports to get to a specific target if simply going in blind-folded.

    Which in itself is not a bad thing necessarily, but its not clear whether this is intentional or not. If not, hopefully evony wakes up and notices. If yes, then some clarity by the game would be appreciated.

    Is this happening to your server?
    Last edited by MirsDej; 09-08-2016 at 01:51 AM.
    The_Just & H Miramar ss38.

  4. #4

    Default

    its been happening on ss59 as well and from what I have heard on other servers as well

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gage65 View Post
    its been happening on ss59 as well and from what I have heard on other servers as well
    Its still persisting, making it very difficult to play.

    No explanation from evony either. Thats to be expected though. That lot is just dreadfully incompetent in engaging with the evony community.
    The_Just & H Miramar ss38.

  6. #6

    Default

    happening on ss60 aswell

  7. #7

    Default

    ss57 is also getting it

  8. #8

    Default

    Thats unfortunate.

    No info yet.. as expected from the evo crew lol.
    The_Just & H Miramar ss38.

  9. #9

    Default

    This issue is not only persisting, on ss38 it has now been happening every day for the last week rather then every second day.

    I'm assuming its the same across all servers.

    Can we please have clarification from evony. If this is a permanent feature, I'd like to know and re-evaluate my decisions concerning the game.
    The_Just & H Miramar ss38.

  10. #10

    Default

    I would suggest getting together with the people in your area/State and have a discussion on what NPCs you'd like and get everyone on the same page. Maybe move out players who want to farm everything and keep like farmers together. Judging by your statement you sound like a botter, so this could be a fairly easy task if you get along with your neighbors. An older server like yours might be able to keep farmers apart from each other. Give it a try

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •