Thread: Denial of Service Attacks Again and Again

Default Denial of Service Attacks Again and Again

The last few days thousands of teeny tiny accounts are being made daily on CA1. These accounts are then used to send 1 worker spam attacks at accounts... Hundreds of spam waves at 1 account locks to account owner out. Once the owner is locked out, they cannot defend against larger attacks. We reported this happening, Evony deleted the spam accounts that maintenance. Thank you for that, but it hasn't solved the entire problem.

Today the spam started 5 minutes after maintenance finished. So, I had 5 minutes to play my account. Tomorrow at maintenance I'm sure Evony will delete the current spam accounts. But, in the meantime, thousands of small accounts will be made today that will start spamming again right after maintenance tomorrow.

Evony needs to do something about these thousands of teeny tiny accounts that are being made daily. After all, they don't spend money and only serve to lock out those of us that do. If we are continually locked out, there's no reason to buy coins.

Quote Originally Posted by kistari View Post
    The last few days thousands of teeny tiny accounts are being made daily on CA1. These accounts are then used to send 1 worker spam attacks at accounts... Hundreds of spam waves at 1 account locks to account owner out. Once the owner is locked out, they cannot defend against larger attacks. We reported this happening, Evony deleted the spam accounts that maintenance. Thank you for that, but it hasn't solved the entire problem.

Today the spam started 5 minutes after maintenance finished. So, I had 5 minutes to play my account. Tomorrow at maintenance I'm sure Evony will delete the current spam accounts. But, in the meantime, thousands of small accounts will be made today that will start spamming again right after maintenance tomorrow.

Evony needs to do something about these thousands of teeny tiny accounts that are being made daily. After all, they don't spend money and only serve to lock out those of us that do. If we are continually locked out, there's no reason to buy coins.
    its sad when people need to resort to such acts because they lack understanding of the game and how to play it.

cheat1.jpgcheat2.jpgk5.JPGk4.JPG

Well, I lost 693,33 (L14), a HH and millions of troops because I couldn't log in to defend while under attack. To say I'm upset would be an understatement. Why would I throw more money down the drain? I'm sure given the normal lack of action that this is a lost cause but...

I expect my HC back, my HH (Michaelangelo) and my troops back by maintenance tonight. If that doesn't occur, I don't see a reason to continue to play this game and see no reason why I shouldn't recall the money spent already.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kistari; 01-16-2017 at 06:13 AM.

cheat1.jpgcheat2.jpgk5.JPGk4.JPG

Well, I lost 693,33 (L14), a HH and millions of troops because I couldn't log in to defend while under attack. To say I'm upset would be an understatement. Why would I throw more money down the drain? I'm sure given the normal lack of action that this is a lost cause but...

I expect my HC back, my HH (Michaelangelo) and my troops back by maintenance tonight. If that doesn't occur, I don't see a reason to continue to play this game and see no reason why I shouldn't recall the money spent already.
    I've seen the non-stop 1 worker hits for a few days in WR. Up to 3 accounts in our alliance locked out at the same time. Same guys have been doing this for years on CA1, it's time to permaban their entire alliance and anyone who is hitting the victims of the bot spam. This time around they are also taking advantage of the need to change your password, if you haven't since June/July 2016. If I call it anything else, this post will get deleted. Same guys capping our HHs and logging into our accounts and dismissing cities. Nightmare on CA1, at the moment.

I hope this is enough to get attention of evony. and this needs to be acted upon fast before more damage is done.. Well I hope it gets acted on...

Quote Originally Posted by RaulsPappa View Post
    Please also look at the reports filed about 2 years ago when the very same thing was done Paris,Cairo and Canberra were taken from us.
    That's a strong bit of historical revisionism. Paris was camped on for months before finally defeating your comfort bots. YOUR SIDE started spamming Atlantis and other HCs, NOT OURS. YOUR SIDE gleaned info from Facebook to determine email addresses and exploit by creating email accounts for Evony take overs. 2 years ago you also registered a domain for the dormant email address of the Atlantis holder which took a month of non-stop attacks to recover from. Now your side has purchased access to the info used to login to dozens of our accounts, destroying or stealing them all. A permanent ban for your entire alliance is long overdue - from all Evony servers. I hope they pursue legal action as well to recover from the loss of income they have certainly endured at your hands.

And, here's what the hackers/spammers said when my city was taken.

[World]<17:00>[AchmedtheDeadTerrorist]: Achmed heard noobs are upset
    [World]<17:22>[Vanguard]: i wont that round LOL
    [World]<17:22>[Vanguard]: won

My team mate has reported 277 pages of war declarations by tiny account new created accounts by players from but not limited to 1, 222 and 2018. They obviously run some sort of computer program that allows them to create them even though Evony removes them after maintenance. The same perpetrators also use the same newly created account to spam accounts to prevent them from being run properly. Isn't it about time that Evony do something about this? Afterall, we do pay them in terms of game cents. If we quit, we will recall all of the monies we have spent which we are perfectly permitted to do as Evony have not been able to allow us to play the game under the 'usual' playing conditions. Evony has done nothing to resolve the hacks and account trashing of a few weeks ago. A crime has been committed and yet Evony have failed to act upon in a responsible manner and time frame which they are legally and morally obligated to do. The perpetrators even sport the heroes that they stole from the hack and yet Evony does nothing. I am extremely disappointed in the response or lack of and hope that do the right thing and reset the server to the rightful place.

Quote Originally Posted by CA1 View Post
    we will recall all of the monies we have spent
    ... and that would be fraud.

So, let's start with the basics.

1. Stop botting, situations like this arise because players who bot also make a ton of feeder accounts. Stop botting, the practice stops, done.
    2. If you have an issue, file a customer service ticket, that way the issue can be investigated and a solution can be looked at.
    3. The TOS disallows both botting and chargebacks. Read it, you agreed to it, so you're bound to it.

I'm going to close this thread, because let's be honest with ourselves, calling for people to commit fraud against a company on that company's forums is never going to end well, and I don't think anyone really wants to have their forum accounts closed over this.

If you have a CS ticket that hasn't been addressed pm it to me, and I'll see what can be done. Thanks for your understanding.

Flaming CHICKEN!
    Courtesy: Sturm