Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

38 65.52%
  • Bad

20 34.48%
Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Importance of Range: Explained

1 second from your city. I am Death Incarnate and about to colonise you while you read this.

Traps are poor defences really, although useful for minor attacks. Your Engineering (makes defences more effective) and Machinery (free replacements) are key to any defence.
    IF you have your gates open and have scouts in your city, it is possible to kill scouting parties too. Your defences will do the job for you. I found logs can kill scouts easily.
    That means even with lv.10 informatics and 1000 scouts you will find out NOTHING if your target has his gates open and suitable defences (and informatics too maybe).
    Scythe on S3, W12, etc.
    Scyther S128 Retired..
    Scythe NA4 Retired..
    RuinUrDay S146 (Retired).
    +REP me if I helped you.

1 second from your city. I am Death Incarnate and about to colonise you while you read this.

HONOR loss: The most annoying aspect of the game. Abatis are the worst offenders for attakers losing honor. If you lose more valuable troops than the damage you have done to the enemy then I think you lose honor (silly I know). So if you lose 200 catapracts (expensive units) and take out 60 abatis then you will likely lose some honor. However if you send 1000 warriors against 300 traps then you will not. Of course you must WIN the battle to gain honor. I have gained close to 200k honor but I am sure there are better experts out there who know more about it.
    Scythe on S3, W12, etc.
    Scyther S128 Retired..
    Scythe NA4 Retired..
    RuinUrDay S146 (Retired).
    +REP me if I helped you.

Good information

I have level 9 towns and 1 level 10. If I were to transport right next to a level 10 NPC, what in your opinion would it take to conquer that level 10 NPC? Please be specific in regards to equipment and type of army and how many of each if possible and procedure. I know this is asking a lot but there are probably only 1% of the people playing this game that would know the answer to this.

Quote Originally Posted by scythe View Post
    \
    IF you have your gates open and have scouts in your city, it is possible to kill scouting parties too.
    Quote Originally Posted by scythe View Post
    Of course you must WIN the battle to gain honor.
    Corrections: Scouts can now defend against scout attacks when gates are closed. Also you do not have to win to gain honor, although it certainly helps.

I ran into a situation trying to conquer a distant city. I easily killed everything and removed all fortifications. so far so good.

Then I tried scout spamming. I choose scouts because they are so fast and I have a limited number of heros to send. Well that didn't work because the scouts could not overcome the walls in 100 turns. So much for scout spamming.

Next, I tried cavelry spamming being that they are the next fastest unit. That too did not work for the same reason: A single cavelry can't overcome the wall in 100 turns.

So my question is -- What is the minimum troup that can overcome just an empty wall within the 100 turns?

so if someone wants to conquer u they have to make ur town's loyalty to 0?

Quote Originally Posted by P5-133XL View Post
    I ran into a situation trying to conquer a distant city. I easily killed everything and removed all fortifications. so far so good.

Then I tried scout spamming. I choose scouts because they are so fast and I have a limited number of heros to send. Well that didn't work because the scouts could not overcome the walls in 100 turns. So much for scout spamming.

Next, I tried cavelry spamming being that they are the next fastest unit. That too did not work for the same reason: A single cavelry can't overcome the wall in 100 turns.

So my question is -- What is the minimum troup that can overcome just an empty wall within the 100 turns?
    basicly as you guess single units can't attack a wall.

you need multiple units, also depends on the lvl of wall your facing.

simply put:

number of units to overcome wall=(wall durability/unit attack) + 1remember scouts have a 0 attack v walls

Quote Originally Posted by MainMetro1 View Post
    I have level 9 towns and 1 level 10. If I were to transport right next to a level 10 NPC, what in your opinion would it take to conquer that level 10 NPC? Please be specific in regards to equipment and type of army and how many of each if possible and procedure. I know this is asking a lot but there are probably only 1% of the people playing this game that would know the answer to this.

ive no real idea, but maybe
    say about 80 waves of full blown armies.
    including warriors (traps)(logs)(rockfall)
    cavalry (abatis)
    ballista (archer towers)
    probably enough archers to take out the warriors. and incure a 50% loss rate.

sounds about right

Quote Originally Posted by freebie View Post
    ive no real idea, but maybe
    say about 80 waves of full blown armies.
    including warriors (traps)(logs)(rockfall)
    cavalry (abatis)
    ballista (archer towers)
    probably enough archers to take out the warriors. and incure a 50% loss rate.

sounds about right
    That is basically what I thought but my main weapon will be the catapults by my lvl 10 city. (Why doesn't anyone ever mention using catapults for siege weapons?) I have only been doing this game for about 2 wks and all my main cities have a prestige well over 100k. I have found a couple really good built in "cheats" or maybe I should say making gold and supplies at an astronomical rate. But to go against a LVL 10 NPC the wrong way can wipe me out at little cost to the NPC so I want to be careful. Currently, I play around with lvl 5 and 6 NPC's at little cost to my army but to capture a LVL 10 and have all that power at my disposal is my main quest for this game. I will probably wait a couple more wks so I can get a couple more lvl 10 cities before going against a lvl 10 NPC. Any more suggestions you or anyone else with experience can give me would be great.

Please don't ask what my "cheats" are because the programers of this game are out to wipe away any easy way to do this.

One way to make a killing in this game is to conquer lvl 10 npc's which would save you 100's of hours and 100's of thousands in gold instead of making your own lvl 10 when you already have all the resources you need at your disposal. I believe if you can do it once, you can do it over and over again.

I really like this game but I am building up quite a dislike for the people behind all the changes they are making.
    Last edited by MainMetro1; 05-26-2009 at 06:29 PM.