Voters
58. You may not vote on this poll
  • Good

38 65.52%
  • Bad

20 34.48%
Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Importance of Range: Explained

im sorry i forgot to mention. . this is on server 21, and this is from about a week ago. . although i made the topic today. I was going to put the server in.. it simply slipped my mind.

-My method used when I needed medals-
    Kind of hard to explain this:

Step 1:
    Launch 9 - 10 waves each spaced 20s -45s apart (to account for lag potential) at the same uncapped valley.

Step 2:
    Wait. As soon as wave 1 hits, abandon. This will automatically send your troops back for return. 20 seconds later, wave 2 will hit and cap the valley.

Step 3.
    Repeat step 2 after each wave caps the valley.

Step 4.
    Keep sending waves at valley until required medals drop.

*note*
    Some say the medals drop only if you kill defending troops. I'm unsure if this is true or not, from my own experience. I've had all my medals for a very long time now.

Hope this helps.

Walls, walls, walls. As for RP, 100k troops isnt much more than 90k. Lvl10 walls gives an extra 3 rounds for your AT to fire. Theres no point to a lvl10 TH, thats what lvl10 npcs are for. If you have 4 mich scripts, get 4 lvl10 walls in all of your cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Latis View Post
    for me.. Walls
    Barracks.
    Town Hall
    Archery lvl 10.
    Archery lvl10?!?!??!? Are you kidding me? You don't need a mich script for any research unless its to get the building requirement for it. Archery is not one of those that you need to build any buildings.

Im new and all that so i dont have a clue what michealangelo scripts do or what they are

Depends on your long term priorities/plans/strategy.

If you plan on taking down lvl10 NPC's for your own cities, then use the mike script for RP and FH. Why burn a script on TH, Walls, etc, when a lvl10 comes fully loaded?

However, if you feel the urge to build up for a long time prior to the attempt, or you are under constant attack/plunder/at war/etc, then by all means an upgrade to walls is a good idea.

Both reasons have abundant merit and individual benefit.

I really forget how I used to get my medals, I got everything back in April, but I followed something to the OP's method, as most people did back then, well I suppose we did get a medal every time we attacked haha!

Town hall then walls. Everything else you get from a lvl 10 npc.

Quote Originally Posted by chriso1630 View Post
    Alright, here's what I've picked up in my last 5 days of medal farming. I finally reached Baronet, needed 8 rose when I started, and I picked up the last 2 ten minutes ago from the same lvl 2 hill from attacks within about a minute of each other.

From what I've seen, if you get a rose or other kind of medal from a valley, it will almost certainly yield another medal. I picked up 2 rose and 2 lion medals from a single lvl 1 grassland, and another 2 rose and 2 lion from a lvl 1 desert. As I said, my last 2 rose came from the same hill, in a very short time period. I would send 8 simultaneous attacks at a valley, 4 from each city, then conquer and abandon quickly when each landed. For numbers, I used 20 archers for a lvl 1 and 50 for a lvl 2.

It takes patience and gets to be extremely frustrating, but it is doable. Hope this helps. I'm on server 27.
    On older server, what you said is true

I did picked up 6 medals in ONE valley

But in the newer servers, I can't say it's true, because I hit dry holes everywhere !!

Default 2 theories in picking up medals

One theory is, and I can confirm it on older servers, that if you got a medal from a certain valley or flat, keep hitting it, because it gonna give you more medals

The other theory is that drop rate is low, so you gonna hit the same valley 100 times even if it doesn't produce anything, and end up with one medal

On newer servers, I don't know which is true, because so far, I've come up nothing, not a thing