126. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

91 72.22%

52 41.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Brainstorming - Supporting Large Armies

http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=10107&page=9

that post filled with lots of good ideas in detail. In order to cap the army number, defender need to be weaken as well. I found that the current defense system is very unfair to the atker. The atker need to have roughly 10x the number of army to win over the defender ... impossible ...
    reduce wall defense power.

Default Nipping the problem in the bud

We wouldnt NPC farm if food isn' the problem.
    devs can even wipe out ALL NPC cities if u want, if u sort the root of problem- food.

few suggestions:

1. Make food a non existant commodity in the game

2. every farm produces MUCH MUCH more food (how much? a level 10 rally spot can send out 1mil troops simultaneously, hence if all resource field are chosen as farms, it should feed 1 million troops - u guys figure out the denomination & numbers of the different types of troops.)

3. make attacking high lvl NPCs worthwhile by being able to plunder MUCH MUCH more food and resources. (so that players dun mind losing armies to a lvl 10NPC- because they can get maybe triple of the resources required to replace the lost army)

4. food prices in the market place to be stable and low and not driven by market forces.

5. when somone utilises game coins to buy food, 1 game cent should get them some 1mil food and not the measly 4k u give?

man i'm good. you guys should just hire me, i'll make evony a better game for all, and profitable for u.

Default What one flippin minute!!

They made a war game that didnt count on massive armies ??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? what nation in the history of the world didnt count on recruiting vast numbers of conquered peoples to supplement there armies. Most empires were created using VAST NUMBERS of both free men. payed armies and captured subjects. some of the largest empires boasted of 1/2 million and in some cases millions of troops. so a war game not expecting vast numbers of armies is not a war game. its a sham and a shame.

all a power player to tell you why two aspects of the lakes and other htings becomes a non issue
    ill as i said instead take and destroy you or level your main city so that you cant do jack in hte game and that will simply replace the NPCS

the ide aof them degrading can be enhanced by if they DONT get farmed ina 8 hr span they increase
    so if you los esome troops and hten build back you dont need ot attack its like a cmap of them growing and not growing

upon level ten each 8 hrs a random city gets attacked
    that means you don't want level tens for long

Maybe it's because I'm not as much a super big person of ultimate army making, but so far I haven't found any problems with having a big army.

What I think would be interesting could instead be a way to gain extra food in attacks, like maybe in a raid on an NPC you'll get a message in a battle report.

"Your soldiers discovered a hidden stash of supplies!"

And you gain extra resources for that run.

I like Trevs idea with NPC decay, but I'd also add that when attacked the NPC should drop in levels as well.

I've never really worked out what all the complaints are about. I'm not really having any trouble keeping my army fed.

Perhaps everyone should teach their army to fish, then they can feed themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by nenenesan View Post
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=10107&page=9

that post filled with lots of good ideas in detail. In order to cap the army number, defender need to be weaken as well. I found that the current defense system is very unfair to the atker. The atker need to have roughly 10x the number of army to win over the defender ... impossible ...
    reduce wall defense power.
    It is not impossible actually, but u do need MASSIVE armies, send waves after waves of 100k mixed attack groups. It's hard but doable. BUT, to do this ppl need HUGE armies. To have huge armies, ppl need food. To have food, devs dun nerf NPC farming, or, come up with a better way to sustain HUGE army.

good point a lvl 10 rally point can send out hundreds of thousands of troops but evony claims large armies were never intended? Why spend the time and resources to upgrade a rally to lvl 10 if large armies were never intended, why would we have the abilty to do that then?

NY NY NY NY NY NY NY NY NY NY NY NY NY NY NY NY

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Junkie View Post
    good point a lvl 10 rally point can send out hundreds of thousands of troops but evony claims large armies were never intended? Why spend the time and resources to upgrade a rally to lvl 10 if large armies were never intended, why would we have the abilty to do that then?
    A Rally 10 can send out 1 wave at 100K (at 125K with ensign) and also send out much smaller groups. Perhaps for scouting, or camping valleys or transfering goods or armies away from a city. Each one is one sortie.
    Like my post? Click the SCALES up there ^^^

{MSI's music}

CLICK to see my posts.
    I invite debate.

Exploiters ruin everything.
    That's why limits are sometimes needed.
    That's why you have to type funny letters in Myspace to login.
    Because of exploiters/spammers.

i htink you can with a rally ten send up to ten attacks( waves ) of 100K ( 125K with war ensign)
    thats up to 1.25 million troops per city

and why not , if your a duke or higher and have such a city why are you not a grand army man?
    ya wont bother with low enders unless your at war with em.

That changes of course with no npcs.
    It measn EVERYONE becomes a target and ill still have my large army.
    just ill have a massive number of farm armies on the prowl

i think the idea of increasing farm production is actually good. (whoever post it above .. sorry i dont quote). That is considering that NPC will be removed.
    other than that, if armies really will be limited, reduce the defense power as well. At this current system ... defender is overpowered.

Some others that actually against the capsize of the army with reasoning such as "They made a war game that didnt count on massive armies ??? ARE YOU KIDDING ME???" by one person above, army can be massive, but regardless, there is a limit; the current system is, no limit you can literary have countless number here. The limit is the number of population. Here, the number of population will return once the army is removed from the city. Hah .. like how fast they give birth to a new kid and immediately shove those kids with sword and shield.