View Poll Results: Do you agree with this idea I have suggested?

Voters
700. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think this is a good idea

649 92.71%
  • No, I think this is a bad idea

51 7.29%
Page 1 of 52 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling Items & Trading Items/Medals, for Medals/Items/Game Cents. "Merged Topic"

NY NY NY NY NY NY NY NY NY NY NY NY NY NY NY NY

Exclamation Selling Items & Trading Items/Medals, for Medals/Items/Game Cents. "Merged Topic"

This is the official topic for Trading in Items/Medal for Game Cents or any other similar idea about items/medals you don't want.

Here are the biggest problems and possible reasonable compromises that can be made with this very, very common suggestion. Make sure to consider the problems, before thinking of a solution.

ABSOLUTELY NO TRADING OF QUEST/PACKAGE AQUIRED ITEMS. Super important. All quest items should be labeled as such to the player so he knows which are which, and that these cannot be traded away. Lots of games do that with quest items. It's too easy to get these items.

No trading of amulet(daily spin) won items. Only items won in battle. Amulet items will get 'marked' as "amulet won" (like quest items). They're free anyway. So NO trading.

People will, don't you doubt for a single second, make 1000 accounts to spin farm AND quest item farm. I guarantee you. That's why I feel these maybe possible solutions are the only ones that might ever work.

Exploiters ruin everything. That's why limits are sometimes needed. That's why you have to type funny letters in myspace to login. Because of exploiters(spammers). Tis the world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by rmahrling View Post
    I don't see how anyone believes that selling items for game coins would entice the player to spend money on coins? One of my first 2-3 amulets netted me 100 coins and i bought some more amulets (like wishing for wishes) and i netted another 100 coins. Since then i have gained no coins from amulets.

Let's all face it - what makes a game easier - doesn't always make it better - And game coins are Evony's life blood to being able to continue to offer this game to the public.

The fact that a few people buying coins allow the game could probably use a boost.

Now being able to barter, trade, sell to other players (maybe even as few as alliance members only), would be an option I see value in - same as the marketplace - make a level 8-10 marketplace able to trade items.

Medals are a perfect example - I would love to be able to trade medals.

I would also like to be able to reward alliance members with items - (since our leader bailed, I am not sure if this is an option he had or not - but as vice i dont see it in my options)

i think that's my .02 - player's need to know nothing is free - if they gave away the farm, no one would buy coins - if they made no money this would be their very expensive hobby - personally i enjoy the game - if it was an OTS (off the shelf) game i would buy it - not wild about parts - but i think its worth a (OTS) price to play.

Trading items and or high level marketplace selling would be an interested game mechanic along with alliance leaders (and vice's being able to gift to alliance members might actually entice one portion of game players to buy coins).
    I agree. I would love to trade items too. Unfortunately. Exploiters would love to trade them even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Helgrymm View Post
    If anyone wants my input, and even if they don't, here goes.

Evony needs people to purchase items in order to keep afloat and keep allowing us to play. They don't even use ad revenue, like most of these types of games. They pay for adds, but they don't spam us with unwanted ones. That being said, they are doing two things wrong when it comes to how they have us pay for items, which actually reduces the amount of income they are receiving.

1.) They are making us feel cheated. I know, this is kind of a bold statement, but hear me out. I pay 100 cents ($1) to them, and they only give me 10 cents? Whatever their intent, this is wrong. Psychologically, our first response is that we are being cheated, because they are giving us less than what we gave them. A better approach would honestly be to either give us 1:1 exchange, or even as much as 1:10 (Although, this is probably a bad idea on that rate also, but there are pros and cons to it.) If I paid 100 cents and got 100 cents worth of game coins, I would feel less cheated, it would be an even trade. The problem with giving "too much" coins for your money, is that then you have to charge more per item, which would give people sticker shock. You wouldn't want to spend 20,000 cents on an item, right?
    I've seen many games that I've played online that uses the 'freemium' game model (free play, but pay for boosts/decorations) actually uses that scale. 1 dollar = 10 game monies. It's not uncommon in the game world. There's a logic behind it.

Anyway, on the topic, I don't think item/medal trading will pass. I mean, I LOVE free money as much as the next girl, I just don't see it happening. But here are my 2 ideas that MIGHT be good.

1) Any spin on the wheel that produces something you don't like, you can 'recycle'. This recycle gives you 1 credit to a new amulet. A new amulet costs 5 credits. Reasoning is simple. Evony states the average worth of a spin is 24 cents. An amulet costs 5.

24 / 5 = ~5.

This idea is doable. IMO. Not very exploitable. Plus, it gets people to stop complaining about the "wheel of garbage" a little.

Second idea.

2) Trading TAX. You can trade items with others but they need to pay a cents tax for any item trade. Each user who recieves an item pays cents to Evony. Evony determines the 'cent trade tax' of all items. This is like a posting fee.

Example.

I want to buy an Advanced Teleporter.

Advanced Teleporter. 90 cents.

Evony could make the trade item only cost 45. (for example)

That means if someone wants the item, they pay Evony 45 cents, and item/resources to me (what do they got? Gotta see first). This TAX get charged on both items both ways.

Some limits to this trading that I think are prudent:

This might be good, just as an alliance perk (trade the item to a teammate for NOTHING (except evony still gets paid for the trade by the buyer), just to "make the alliance a better place").

Only in-the-alliance trading is allowed. And only BETWEEN accounts that are over 4 weeks old, and in the alliance for 2 weeks. VERY IMPORTANT LIMIT. 4 weeks old greatly increases the chance of multi account farmers getting caught. 2 weeks means even if they don't, they are taking up valuable space in the alliance if they try to 'mass farm' them. Why is this a GREAT LIMIT? Alliances are very important in Evony. Forcing people to 'be stuck' in a crappy alliance for 2 weeks will REALLY cut down on EXPLOITER item trading.

ABSOLUTELY NO TRADING OF QUEST AQUIRED ITEMS. Super important. All quest items should be labeled as such to the player so he knows which are which, and that these cannot be traded away. Lots of games do that with quest items.

No trading of amulet(daily spin) won items. Only items won in battle. Amulet items will get 'marked' as "amulet won" (like quest items). They're free anyway. So NO trading.

This Tax idea can be exploited a bit. But, Evony does make money from it. So the exploiting is much weaker.

These two ideas are the only way I see anything like item trading working.

People will, don't you doubt for a single second, make 1000 accounts to spin farm AND quest item farm. I guarantee you. That's why I feel these maybe possible solutions are the only ones that might ever work.

Now for Medals.

The only suggestion I think would pass is greater value medals can be used IN PLACE of LOWER level medals. No low to high, only high to low. If a promotion needs a Rose, but you have 20 Lion, then the game will ask if you want to use the Lion medals instead.

Other possible/maybe limitations to item trading. These limits may or may not be prudent.

You need Market Place 10. And maybe the item can only be used in that city (but most items are universal anyway).

Exploiters ruin everything. That's why limits are sometimes needed. That's why you have to type funny letters in myspace to login. Because of exploiters/spammers. Tis the world we live in.

Do you hate email spammers? Well, they're the exploiters of email.
    Last edited by ! mINDsELFiNDULGE !; 07-25-2009 at 08:57 AM.

Default Inner Alliance Trading

I don't know if this has been done before but, if alliances could trade items, resources, gold and such it would allow for greater purpose to having an alliance aside from the quest gains and backup if members of your alliance happen to be in the same province

You can trade within your alliance..... if that is what you mean.
    Transport.
    Dorsai Alliance
    http://dorsai.guildportal.com

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon. ~Napoleon

Default Item trading

Allow us to trade special items please
    Like say i have a robinhood helm,and other player has a batallion i need and he wants the helm,we could trade the items and be done with it
    Concerning bought items, "someone" pays for them anyway,so no harm done, wolves get fed and the goat stays alive how an old saying says

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbird View Post
    Allow us to trade special items please
    Like say i have a robinhood helm,and other player has a batallion i need and he wants the helm,we could trade the items and be done with it
    Concerning bought items, "someone" pays for them anyway,so no harm done, wolves get fed and the goat stays alive how an old saying says
    yea excatly

I like this idea very much but i dont see them implementing it.

If anything they could just add an items page to the Market Place and allow you to sell items on there, you can also set a price for what u want;
    Id like it so you can sell your item for GOLD/IRON/STONE/LUMBER/FOOD as well as buy.

i would be content with the possibility to sell it by "transport" but if they would add it to the marketplace it would be cool too
    alltho i prefer the transport method... people would most likely trade items for other items rather than for resources
    When you reach the end of your journey, the only thing that really matters is the journey itself. -Taoist saying

Default Ability to sell items for coins

I think this small addition would greatly help everyone out. If you keep getting teleporters or hero hunting scrolls or whatever, and you dont need them or you have over 5 of them you should be able to sell them for their coin value or at least 80% to the shop.

Yes, that would be good. I've got some dynamite I'd like to get rid of
    But there is the UMGE money issue that will no doubt be raised.
    An alternative that's been put forward in ths board, is to expand the trading system to allow players to offer their unwanted items through the town marketplace. This could be either resources bartering, item for item swap or even expanded upon to allow players to trade coins for items, or all/any combination of these.

Default the ability to trade items

i sugest the ability to trade items with people in your own alliance. that way you can trade items you dont need to people who may need them like i have alot of speakers but i dont use them someone in the alliance might use them to get new members or something