View Poll Results: Do you agree with this idea I have suggested?

Voters
700. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I think this is a good idea

649 92.71%
  • No, I think this is a bad idea

51 7.29%
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Selling Items & Trading Items/Medals, for Medals/Items/Game Cents. "Merged Topic"

I thought the same thing when people were looking for medals that I had plenty of and needed another type...

I can see that idea of trading enveloping the other items as well... The only issue would be people 'buying' items and giving them to other people, but I guess if money is spent, its all good for the developers, and this may increase coin purchases as well.

i like the idea of players being able to trade maybe make it part of the marketplace with a new tab kind of like the way the town hall does it.

I think that you should trade items or change them for coins! I think this is a great idea as it would make the game much easier. Please make this improvement!

Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
    I thought the same thing when people were looking for medals that I had plenty of and needed another type...

I can see that idea of trading enveloping the other items as well... The only issue would be people 'buying' items and giving them to other people, but I guess if money is spent, its all good for the developers, and this may increase coin purchases as well.
    well the idea would be like the runescape system(sry but best reference) that you can only lose a certain number of coins like your giveing a guy 30 coins worth of stuff he would have to give you at least 25 (couting for a five coin difeence)or something

Quote Originally Posted by fireey View Post
    like your giveing a guy 30 coins worth of stuff he would have to give you at least 25 (couting for a five coin difeence)or something
    i would not be able to stand that what if your trying to give a friend stuff it would take forever if you didnt want anything back.

Default medal exchange system

Right now there's a lot of major in-game problems around getting medals.

... okay, that was an understatement, but still.

Anyway, to my eyes, the *worst* problem is that even if one manages to *get* a medal, it's unlikely to the point of absurdity they'll get the type they need for their particular promotion. I could barely get rose medals *before* the change in probability, and as a person with only two cities, it's nigh impossible now, and will likely not become any more likely without months of development time, due to my inability to form huge armies, due to my lack of cities.

So what I propose is a way to change in medals for other medals. Maybe it can be based off the loyalty boost medals give. Like, for example, you have one freedom medal which can be awarded for 40 loyalty... You can change it in for four rose medals, worth 10 loyalty each.

Now, whether we 'tax' the loyalty rate, in order to prevent any abuse is a matter of game balance. Same goes for things like, should we only be allowed to buy lower-leveled medals, or can we exchange multiple low level medals for a single high level one? I see it as something that would be a little trial-and-error at first, but extremely helpful in the long run.

It might help alleviate some of the public grievance about the new medal system until a more balanced solution is found. After all, the game's loyalty rating is dropping, and it's only a matter of time before the population plummets. Maybe it's time for a little comforting to help in the interrim

I agree completely! Before the medal system was changed I was working so hard to get the 5 rose medals I needed. For over 2 days I attacked various valleys every chance I got and got every medal BUT the one I wanted and now I haven't got a single medal in three days.
    If you have any questions about the game or forum or anything feel free to contact me. I love to help.
    Join Clan Elysium -- server 12
    If I helped give me rep!

Beyond that I think it's a little ridiculous that you can basically be the in-game equivalent of a 4-star general, decorated beyond all belief with medals for massive, county-changing victories, but *still* not be able to get any respect because you don't have a few medals for petty ground squabbles.

Just not realistic, that.

Quote Originally Posted by koruth View Post
    Right now there's a lot of major in-game problems around getting medals.

... okay, that was an understatement, but still.

Anyway, to my eyes, the *worst* problem is that even if one manages to *get* a medal, it's unlikely to the point of absurdity they'll get the type they need for their particular promotion. I could barely get rose medals *before* the change in probability, and as a person with only two cities, it's nigh impossible now, and will likely not become any more likely without months of development time, due to my inability to form huge armies, due to my lack of cities.

So what I propose is a way to change in medals for other medals. Maybe it can be based off the loyalty boost medals give. Like, for example, you have one freedom medal which can be awarded for 40 loyalty... You can change it in for four rose medals, worth 10 loyalty each.

Now, whether we 'tax' the loyalty rate, in order to prevent any abuse is a matter of game balance. Same goes for things like, should we only be allowed to buy lower-leveled medals, or can we exchange multiple low level medals for a single high level one? I see it as something that would be a little trial-and-error at first, but extremely helpful in the long run.

It might help alleviate some of the public grievance about the new medal system until a more balanced solution is found. After all, the game's loyalty rating is dropping, and it's only a matter of time before the population plummets. Maybe it's time for a little comforting to help in the interrim
    I couldnt agree more!!!

This is one of the reasons I recently resigned from the servers where I played (see posting "What's the objective?"). The ratio of time spent to the enjoyment I receive is just too low. I see no objectives worth the long-term commitment, and they've just increased that required commitment by at least a factor of 6.

Also, it doesn't help that my battle op is a fool.