Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Level 9 NPC

Default Level 9 NPC

Okay, Ive got a level 9 NPC 1 mile away from me, and its the only NPC in this region. So i want to conquer it.

I need some advice on how to do it.
    I have no problem getting Warriors & Archers( Can mass produce upto 200k Warriors a day and 25k Archers a day)

I Dont really have alot of balls to spare, so i need a stratergie on how to conquer it, Ive been looking at the level 10 guide and i cant work it out.

My Techs are
    Level 9 Archery
    Level 5 HorseBack Riding.
    Level 9 Military Tradition
    Level 9 Iron Working

I Also have an Ivory Horn actiated(10% More Attack)
    Last edited by deathboy28; 06-23-2009 at 09:52 AM.
    328.065 Prestige - 03/7/09 -
    Host of RUIN! -Server 3 and Recruiting in Romagna- Message me or Apply to the Alliance.

lvl 9s are the most useless npcs there are

^ Sorry, can you explain how so?

Since I have one lvl 10 and two lvl 9s situated right next to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rawr View Post
    ^ Sorry, can you explain how so?

Since I have one lvl 10 and two lvl 9s situated right next to me.
    It's going to be just as costly to take a lvl9 vs a lvl10 and you don't get all the lvl10 buildings with a lvl9. It's a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by vision40 View Post
    It's going to be just as costly to take a lvl9 vs a lvl10 and you don't get all the lvl10 buildings with a lvl9. It's a waste of time.
    I haven't gotten that far, but what is the best position to start thinking about taking on a lvl 9 or 10?

lvl 10 is actually easier imao, because they only have warriors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mornensin;
    First, Seto where you live that you trip over a herped penguin?
    Quote Originally Posted by trogdor1316 View Post
    Using these ten steps, you will have:
    a. Been arrested for statutory rape
    b. Acquired a good night's sleep

Quote Originally Posted by SetoRoss View Post
    lvl 10 is actually easier imao, because they only have warriors.
    Somebody has been looking at my NPC poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Rawr View Post
    I haven't gotten that far, but what is the best position to start thinking about taking on a lvl 9 or 10?
    all combat researches to level 10 (iron working, military tradition, medicine, archery being the top concerns)

if you're taking it alone i'd suggest 150k archers 150k warriors and 20k ballista

assuming you have a level 9 rally point and one of those +25% troops items send 90,000 archers and 20,000 ballista with 1 of every other troop (and then add the leftover spots to the archers)

then send waves of 10k archers + 20k warriors every 60-90 seconds. you'll lose a few hundred each wave because wall defenses seem to respawn instantly. the 40,000 warriors respawn every 2-6 minutes (seems random now) and will eat a good chunk of your warriors but should spare the archers.

with continuous attacks you should only see 4-5 respawns of warriors.

if you get some people to help you, then you can pull it off with fewer troops since they will be sending their own archers/warriors to help drop loyalty. just remember npc cities don't work the same as player cities. you will drop loyalty every time, even when it drops below 12 loyalty so once it gets to around 5-6 loyalty make sure your friends stop helping or it's possible they'll take it from you.

PS it's useless to take a level 9 city. the whole purpose of wasting so many troops to get a barb city is to get all level 10 buildings. it saves you on a ton of mich scripts, allows you to complete all your quests, and allows you to get all level 10 researches as well as catapults. a level 9 city is actually harder to conquer because they have a rainbow defense meaning you will lose a LOT more troops because your archers will be wasting time on fodder while the towers mow you down.

Hey nemo, thanks for the advice!

Looks like I have a long way to go.

Im busy building up all my resources right now so I have a steady supply later when I come out of protection.

Quote Originally Posted by NemoInTheWoods View Post
    all combat researches to level 10 (iron working, military tradition, medicine, archery being the top concerns)

if you're taking it alone i'd suggest 150k archers 150k warriors and 20k ballista

assuming you have a level 9 rally point and one of those +25% troops items send 90,000 archers and 20,000 ballista with 1 of every other troop (and then add the leftover spots to the archers)

then send waves of 10k archers + 20k warriors every 60-90 seconds. you'll lose a few hundred each wave because wall defenses seem to respawn instantly. the 40,000 warriors respawn every 2-6 minutes (seems random now) and will eat a good chunk of your warriors but should spare the archers.

with continuous attacks you should only see 4-5 respawns of warriors.

if you get some people to help you, then you can pull it off with fewer troops since they will be sending their own archers/warriors to help drop loyalty. just remember npc cities don't work the same as player cities. you will drop loyalty every time, even when it drops below 12 loyalty so once it gets to around 5-6 loyalty make sure your friends stop helping or it's possible they'll take it from you.

PS it's useless to take a level 9 city. the whole purpose of wasting so many troops to get a barb city is to get all level 10 buildings. it saves you on a ton of mich scripts, allows you to complete all your quests, and allows you to get all level 10 researches as well as catapults. a level 9 city is actually harder to conquer because they have a rainbow defense meaning you will lose a LOT more troops because your archers will be wasting time on fodder while the towers mow you down.

you're welcome always glad to help

tomorrow i plan on taking a level 10 barb near me but i don't have medicine level 10 yet or enough ballista... hopefully i can handle it. i'll post my combat reports in the other thread if you wanted to look