Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troops unkeep MINUS FOOD PROBLEM

Default Troops unkeep MINUS FOOD PROBLEM

Dear friends,
    I have a little problem with food. After I activated a few hundred of workers and warriors I had get playing a Wheel, a red mark appeared at a place where is a food informations. There is troops unkeep -1045 od sth. What deos it mean? What am I supposed to do about it? I had negative balance od food production, but I menaged that with farms, but this negative number still stands.
    Thanks for your answers and explanations!!!

p.s.
    I am apsolute begginer, so please have that on mind when explaining me the riddle.

Is your overall food production negative? Or is it just the troop upkeep that is negative? Because if it is just the troop upkeep than that is what it costs you every hour to maintain (feed) your troops.
    If I helped, add to my rep please.

there r few solutions

1. dismiss some troops

2. build farms fast

3.attack far valleys (but u must recall the troops from valleys coz if they stay there they eat 2x more food)

Default Food Problems

You need to build and upgrade farms to increase production. This get rid of the negative production. Your troops eat food so you need to upgrade your farms as you train more soldiers.
    Mortandad

Please read the original post before answering, because you're not addressing the question that was asked in the first place.

There is troops unkeep -1045
    I had negative balance od food production, but I menaged that with farms, but this negative number still stands
    To answer your question ~

Your troop upkeep value will always be a negative number, because that is the amount of food that your troops consume. They need food to live, of course, so they eat. When they are camped outside your city, they eat twice as much.

You correctly fixed your negative food production issue by managing your farms adequately, but you cannot "fix" your negative troop upkeep number unless you dismiss all of your troops and never build any additional ones.

On Most Servers (Both Ages) / Playing Since May 2009

Oh People, you are so great, so many of you were willing to answer me in such a short notice! Thank you so much!!!
    Well, it is much clearer now.
    Sarasca, please can you explain me then what does this term means "troops unkeep"? I guess that's the problem that I don't understand the term, beacouse Englsih is not my mother tongue. Is it just the number that shows how much they eat and that's all filosofy of that?
    Thank you again all so very much!!!!

First, it's troop upkeep, not unkeep.

Your troop upkeep is basically what it says, but since you're not a native English-speaker, I'll try to simplify it so you can understand what it means.

UPKEEP basically means maintenance. What it takes to maintain something, or keep it up (or keep it alive). Keeping something up.

Your troops need to be maintained to stay alive. They need food for that maintenance. That's what troop upkeep is.

The value for your troop upkeep is the amount of food that your troops need to have to stay alive. If they don't have food, they will seek refuge (meaning they will leave your city permanently).

Does that give you a good idea of what troop upkeep means? If not, feel free to ask for further clarification on anything you're not sure of.

On Most Servers (Both Ages) / Playing Since May 2009

Yes. The troop upkeep number is the ammount of foor that your troops will eat each hour. This is subtracted from your total food production and if there is any left over then it will go into your storage. If your troops eat more than you make then you will have the difference subtracted from your storage, if you have any. If you run out of food then your troops will leave.

Hahahah! I didn't see it well so that caused problem, otherwise i would understand the meaning. Your clarifications Sarasca and valan were perfect!! You really did a great job. thank you so much again! very nice of you!

Maybe I shouldn't ask next question here, perhaps it is for another topic.
    Is it possible to play this game and not to be unequal with other players if someone can't buy coins and use them in shop???

You do not need to buy coins to be equal to anyone in the game. All coins allow you to do is improve faster or give bonus's to battles, etc.
    If I helped, add to my rep please.