Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Get rid of ads like this.

Quote Originally Posted by etrnldarkness View Post

I come home from work to have a huge mess on my hands.
    Some of the guys that are drawn to the ad have a similar problem

I think Evony should keep the sexy ads for sexsites or that kinda stuff, advert with medieval crap on medieval/gaming sites and also take the chance to get some child adverts for the less mature.

That way you can get the best of all worlds.

imagine you're taking care of business on some site and then an ad with a sexy chick comes on that says: "you done yet? take 5 and play this game a while"

Maybe if they took the time to map out their advert campaign they could get better results

personally, i have nothing against the sexual ads because i'm not offended by that kinda stuff, but i do think they could tone it down a bit with the wrong crowds

Quote Originally Posted by Valin View Post
    Civony did it to, but now it's gotten out of hand.

LOL civony IS evony.

Yeah, the ads suck. Of course, the people in charge are chinese speaking chinese, in china, so I dunno how much the difference in culture is.

Not racist to chinese, it just may be different.
    Look and reply to my Evony suggestion thread--->http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=21110

Quote Originally Posted by Ownager View Post
    that is just sad if any r worse then this that is horrible. can u guys post the worst one so that i can email evony about it cause i almost intalled that ****!!!
    You just want to see the worst one because you've been turned on and want more. AKA you're a pervert. LOL.
    Look and reply to my Evony suggestion thread--->http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=21110

are we seriously discussing this still? lets improve the game dammit. leave my girl alone!
    _TeK_
    Kryptoz Alliance
    S22 will forever be Kryptoz.
    Beat the game, now im on ur server!
    NYC Baby

Quote Originally Posted by Tek View Post
    are we seriously discussing this still? lets improve the game dammit. leave my girl alone!
    I love it when the vocal minority comes in and gives threads a free bump.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen View Post
    but lordy, yes. these adds are unreal! not what i saw when i first came here.

I am all for the female body, it a beautiful thing for an artist; to create works of art. And its a beautiful thing for people to look at. We all know it. sex sells. but we do have kids in here. who are actually here to play the game. imagine that. i've yet to see them talk about these ads. 11 yr olds wanna 'kill' in here!! LOL. (begginner chats are sexually charged, but then their speakers are removed so quickly, without warning that its coming)

Think back in renaissance:
    naked ladies are always part of scenery.
    always a cupidish looking small breasted female (usually more than one btw) with 'meat' on them in many paintings. whats missing that doesnt anger us? postioning of bodys? or is it in the faces. not so much 'sexual reality' showing in their eyes i'd say. evony ads, ladies are dressed/ the paintings i speak of are stark naked.

i had posted perfecty acceptable adz I thought should be accepted. I put them in my evony album' and then removed... (being paid is a good thing)
    Thank you my Queen, for saying this.

The female body was rejoiced in this historical period, but like she said, it was 'plumper' women and smaller breasts. And I hate to even say plump, more like well proportioned, healthy bodies. If you want to use scantily clad women, definitely do something tasteful that matches the period of the game. That may be something I can agree on
    Quote Originally Posted by BBQ_Sauce View Post
    Less QQ more PewPew
    Quote Originally Posted by Evony Nubs
    I started playing SimCity, and a war broke out. What gives?
    Used to play Server 3, Charger Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Valin View Post
    I love it when the vocal minority comes in and gives threads a free bump.
    i love when when old farts play games. go shower.
    _TeK_
    Kryptoz Alliance
    S22 will forever be Kryptoz.
    Beat the game, now im on ur server!
    NYC Baby

Quote Originally Posted by Zenrax View Post
    I fully support this suggestion (despite suggestions that the mods are trying to 'cover this up') I don't want to let people post racy images, especially because there are kids on the forums. If ads like that stay up, well... let's just say I wouldn't want to be associated with such a venture any longer.
    You are absolutely right. The sites the ads run on are websites for mature adults, not children, and are fully compliant with the content networks that run the ads on those sites. In other words, our ads are no sexier than the other ads running on those sites. We don't run the ad of a girl in a bikini on the Disney homepage, but it might run on Somethingawful and other mature-audience sites.

This means that the images are not appropriate to run here, because this website is intended to be family-friendly, even though they are appropriate on the sites that run them.

No more linking any racy images, even if they are ads for this game. Thanks.
    Legendary Hero