Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Get rid of ads like this.

Default Get rid of ads like this.

http://www.evony.com/evonyb1t.html?ad4game

Nice to know you think your player base is a bunch of perverted 12 year old boys.
    Last edited by etrnldarkness; 07-09-2009 at 06:13 AM.

/SECONDED!

Do you think I tell any of my friends I play this game? HELL NO. I'm embarrassed to be associated with Evony because of these ads. Do you think I'm going to sign up for iEvony and give you my contact lists when I think you'll send my friends and coworkers ads like this?

And honestly, people like me and my friends would be your best clients: late 20s/older 30s, good jobs, disposable income, long history of playing games (especially RTSs). I could pick up the phone and have a dozen guys who have been playing games from Civilization I to Dune to Age of Empires to Starcraft to Warcraft logged registered for Evony in 10 minutes, and all of those guys are hard-core gamers. So why haven't I even mentioned it to them? Because these ads are an embarrasment (I'd have to do a lot of explaining), the lag sucks, and there is no high-level content.

Are these ads really that effective? Really? How many of the customers that are attracted by these ads actually stick around long enough to buy coins?

Last edited by SDog; 07-09-2009 at 05:54 PM.

RETIRED FROM EVONY
    In short, the carebears won the battle for Civony. Behold their chubby rainbow bellies and tremble, for they lost every single battle, but sure as heck won the war.
    -Kassikas

Wow, just wow. Maybe that's why we get so many beginner cities that never get past 0 prestige. They quickly learn it's not that kind a game that the advertising is selling.
    Just weird. I'm a little offended really.

/Thirded

^ What the hell is up with this Evony?

Civony did it to, but now it's gotten out of hand.

Yeah, these advertisements are an abomination. Where are the vocal womenfolk in this discussion? Or have the devs ran them all off already...
    Quote Originally Posted by BBQ_Sauce View Post
    Less QQ more PewPew
    Quote Originally Posted by Evony Nubs
    I started playing SimCity, and a war broke out. What gives?
    Used to play Server 3, Charger Alliance.

Lmao, You All Know Your Not Gonna Get A Reply Right?
    The Mods And Dev's And Reps Dont Wanna Say Anything, What Power do They Have About It?
    "evony" Isnt Copyrighted right?
    So Basically Your Playing A Surefire Money Scheme Almost.

Sex sells though, thats the key to most marketing concepts for the intarwebs

True, noone denies that I don't think. Effective marketing though.

It is the goal of marketting to catch attention regardless of product really =p

Truthful marketting however...not quite.