Thread: How do you capture a city?

Default How do you capture a city?

HOw do you capture a city because I attacked a barbarian city and killed their army but then my army returned home?

You have to get loyalty down to 15 (lowest possible), and public grievance above 15.

(Disclaimer: I'm only PRETTY sure about this, some people claim differently.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [url=http://internetometer.com/give/2510][/url]

[URL="http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=43968"]Join the Red Army now![/URL]

[B][COLOR="Red"]LONG LIFE TO COMMISSAR KITTEN!!![/COLOR][/B]

You're joking right? This guy here is down to loyalty 10, and grievance was up to 15 attacks ago... It's not what you said

I've got another question-
    Let's say someone destroyed all my fortification units, do they then have to disintegrate my wall when my gates are closed to get into the city?
    If they have to, can they break it down without catapults , rams etc?
    Lets say they get into the city, does my army inside it do anything about it?
    If someone breaks your walls(lvl 4 -7), do they go back to level 0?

To capture a city, you need to first do what Zanrax said (get their loyalty down to 15 by attacking repeatedly), then you have to wait for the Public Grievance that you created with your attacks to gradually lower loyalty the rest of the way to zero. You can keep attacking if you want to create more Public Grievance, but the attacks won't lower loyalty any more. When loyalty of the city reaches zero, your next attack will take control of the city, assuming that you have an open city slot and the person you are attacking has at least one other city.

Default Helpful info

I've successfully conquered 2 cities so far and from experience, loyalty must reach 0 before the city becomes yours. How you get there is your choice: you can either attack nonstop until it reaches 0 or allow the public grievance to help you out, but loyalty MUST reach 0. You'll get a popup window to rename the city at that point once it's conquered.

*BE CAREFUL WHEN REACHING BELOW 10 LOYALTY-->THE GARRISONED TROOPS WITHIN THE CITY WILL COME OUT TO PROTECT THE CITY BEFORE IT IS CONQUERED!!!

On a side note, for those wondering, you will receive the city as it stands: alll buildings, injured troops (you may cure them), all resources that were stockpiled, and of course the 0 loyalty you left them with But that's ok, just do alot of praying and you'll be fine, lol.

Some clarifications.

In the 4 cities I've taken, and in talking with others this is the deal.

You first attack until the loyalty gets down to 6. At five, the gates open and you can kill the people inside. At zero, you own the city assuming your rank will allow you to have another city. I am not going to reveal all of my secrets but I'm open to questions if you want to send a message privately.

After around 15-14 loyalty the loyalty drops slower, about one point every 4 attacks, so you see this will take some effort. Just keep at it and you'll get the city.
    Goldheart
    Darkwars on server 1
    Invictus on server 2

and yet no one has mentioned what your rank has to be to be able to capture the cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
    and yet no one has mentioned what your rank has to be to be able to capture the cities.
    Why would they? Once you're a knight you can capture a town. The only determining factor is whether you've maxed out your town limit.

~Shindler

Quote Originally Posted by Gordo View Post
    It depends on how many towns you have and/or want to capture:
    At knight you are given 1 open slot for a town(which can be built from flat or taken)
    At baronet you are given another, (sorry as far as I am)
    If you move you mouse to the town at the bottom of your list of towns, at the bottom right, it will tell you. RANK, 250 workers, 10,000 GOLD 10,000 of each of the 4 resources.