~Newer Server Medal Guide~
    ~Older Server Medal Guide~
    ~Quick Notes On Earning Medals~
    ~Facts About Medals~
    ~Drop Rates~
    ~FAQ~
    ~Credits~

~INTRODUCTION~

Earning medals can be frustrating at times and make most almost want to quit the game but there are many different things that can be done to find the
    medals you want for promotion. So I have done test and have gathered information and have put it all into a guide for you to use so that you have a better chance of getting that medal!

I have never played on a older server before, that is why I have the hods guide for older servers posted. So a lot of this stuff only applies to newer servers, especially the nerf servers(WN1 here).

Newer Server Medal Guide

Here is a quick guide for earning medals on newer servers:

1) Cross - Level 1-4 Valleys
    2) Rose - Level 1-4 Valleys
    3) Lion - Level 1-7 | Level 1-3 NPCs
    4) Honor - Level 1-4 NPCs
    5) Courage - Level 1-5 NPCs
    6) Freedom - Level 4-5 NPCs
    7) Wisdom - Level 5+ NPCs
    8) Justice/Nation - Level 10 NPCs

Sending The Right Amount
    here is a chart on the least amount of troops needed, but you can send as many as you want with the archers and warriors.

This chart is not combined troop types.

(Warning: amounts of troops needed may vary depending on your research levels but for the most
    part get the highest archery level you can and this will work best!!! You will also lose all your warriors when attacking the level 9 and10 NPC!)

Older Server Medal Guide

HODS(hods realm is an approved site.) guide for earning medals on older servers: (there is more info on this in
    the Hods guide it self.)

(click image above)

when i say older servers that's like server1 to something like server 50,
    not the world servers or the Nerf servers.

Quick Notes On Earning Medals:
    (Applies to all servers)
    • Always remember: The more rounds the better, because the more rounds increases the drop rate.
      That's why you get more medals from NPCs then valleys.
    • You dont find medals in certain types of valleys any more, Just by the valley level.
    • When attacking valleys you do not have to conquer it.
    • The whole thing about the higher intelligence hero isn't true no matter who tells you it is, but there is
      a possibility that sending a hero with lower attack does increase the chances of you getting that medal.
    • Always remember to let valleys/NPCs restore their troops. (Any where from 50min to an hour.)
      Letting the troops regenerate increases the chances of getting a medal, but you do not have to do that
      if you dont want to.

Facts About Medals:

Here is some facts and different tips about medals.
    (The medals are listed from least to most desirable medals.)

Cross Medals:
    They are real easy to find, just attack every low level valley you see!!!

Rose Medals:
    For most it seems to be the hardest to find. I just try my best by sending archers
    or warriors at level 3 and 4 valleys.

Lion Medals:
    Moderately hard to find, not to bad. Just send a bunch of ballistas at low level NPC's...

Honor Medals:
    Not to hard to find... Ive have found them in high level valleys before too.

Courage Medal:
    Just send a little bit less ballistas than you would send to get a
    wisdom medal to a lower level NPC.

Wisdom Medals:
    They can be found easily from sending 500 ballista at a bunch of
    different lvl 5 NPCs. (Same as the freedom medals)

Freedom Medals:
    They can be found easily from sending 500 ballista at a bunch of
    different lvl 5 NPCs. (Get them all the time when NPC farming.)

Justice Medal:
    You get them usually from waves of spear heads waves against level 10 NPCs

Nation Medals:
    You get them usually on the smaller second spearhead waves and warrior raid waves.

Drop Rates:

From what i have heard it is that the medal drop rate is at 1%-2% per medal type
    on newer servers and a 5%-8% medal drop rate per medal type on older servers.
    I have also noticed decent medal drops on the nerf servers, guessing a 2%-%5
    drop rate per medal type. In the end while all of this stuff helps you get the medal you
    want, but because the drop rates are so low there is no absolute chance you will get
    a medal every time.

Rounds increase drop rate

I am still working on this, but apparently the more rounds the better and here is the result of my attacks by rainbowing a valley to get more rounds.

battlewn1.evony.com/default.html?logfile/20091026/9a/6b/9a6bddbd4153878b21cf11ba83afca3e.xml

battlewn1.evony.com/default.html?logfile/20091026/a1/4a/a14a601392dede4bb000694ecf1dd52a.xml

FAQ

Your Question answered on whats true and false!

1) Your hero should have a high INT score-Myth(read below to continue)

2) Your hero should have a low ATK score-Still being tested, but seems to help, because all these people who tested medal drop rates with high level intelligence that same hero had low attack and I have seen many claims that the intelligence theory is true when it was that they had a low attack hero.

3) Send the least troops possible-Myth, doesnt matter

4) Attack higher level valleys/npcs-Myth, cause you find different medals in different level valleys/NPCs.

5) Make sure it has fully regenerated its troops-according to hods this increases your chances and so far hods hasn't lied so im sticking with it.(but you dont have to do it.)

6) Take heavy losses of your own troops-Myth, as long as you win the battle it doesn't matter.

7) Send a burst of several attacks in rapid succession on the same place-Myth, no longer aloud to spam valleys for medals.

8) Send your attacks just after each hour (i.e. attack at 1pm not 1:30pm)-Myth

9) Conquer instead of plundering-Myth, as long as you win your ok

If some thing does not make sense feel free to ask me!

Credits:

(credits go to anyone who has helped with the guide.)

JPA32
    -helped me make it organized and also helped with other facts about medals.

Hods
    -he made the older server medal guide which this guide would be nothing with out it.

Captian Virk
    -uhhh... well I made it and collected the data. lol

Disclaimer: while all of this is accurate you will not get a medal all the time, so dont blame me blame the medal drop rates.

+REP AND 5 STAR RATINGS PLZ!!!
    Last edited by captian virk; 11-09-2009 at 02:48 PM. Reason: updates
    Retired Writer Dude

"People can be whoever they want on the internet, but so many choose to be dumb."

Why are you only using archers? Is it not even worth attacking if you don't have archers yet?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by captian virk View Post
    lately ive been asking around on my alliance about medals and i've gone to different websites and came across this piece on information wich has seems to be working for me so far. here it is:
    Terms of Service

I am seeing alot of posts including starting new threads duplicating existing
    subjects where hods is being referenced

promoting a site that tries to look an officially sponsed Evony site
    that also attempts to register users to a competing Forum

and releases news that is truely mis informed speculation

like :
    Quote Originally Posted by hods
    In the previous article, we described how the Evony Age II beta server was finally released. Unfortunately, Evony decided that the server was not yet ready to completely be tested, so they closed the beta server.

is actually in violation of Terms of Service and Forum usage rules

if anyone can advise differently .. please do

Quote Originally Posted by Xeander View Post
    Terms of Service

like :

Umm no one cares

Default i want to got some medals but not take any medal

i want to got some medals but not take any medal at this time i was attacked with 300 arches but no medal was taken.

Terms of Service

like :

I'm not saying this to be mean, I swear.

HOWEVER:

If you don't want people linking to third party sites that give out information, accurate or not about gameplay mechanics (and the beta thing has nothing to do with THIS particular problem), how about give us some OFFICIAL documentation on some of this stuff?

There is no other way for a beginner to learn how stuff works besides going to third party sites. This forum is a start, but let's be honest. We're all speculating about things like medal drops.

The "refer to the routine quest for help" is a complete joke, since it basically has players in a simulation mode, with 10 of every troop for no real reason, an overabundance of population, and no idea how the game really works.

I'm not saying we should be given the code to the game or anything of the sort. Just tell us what variables are involved in certain things. Does int really matter on scouting missions? Medal farming? How exactly are the percentages on certain researches calculated: additive or multiplicative? Yeah we know this one from experience, but the new player won't know it.
    How much food does x lvl farm produce and how many population units are needed to sustain it? How is grievance calculated when an attack is successful?

Simple questions really, and they would make your job easier, and cut back on the "non-official" websites that are at least attempting this given limited information.

Terms of Service

like :

Wonderful that there is a EULA... but maybe Evony could start enforcing it... I know I take offense when I see alliance NAZI_SS on a server... and how does one report this?? Or when I get vulgar language mails from people who I have attacked... There's no report button for this. And putting them on block does not see to stop the mails from coming. If Evony wants to enforce the EULA, perhaps it should enforce the ENTIRE agreement...

Quote Originally Posted by Ensured View Post
    this is a duplicate already found on the forums
    98% of the threads are duplicates...

well i did the 400 bal on a npc 6 times only got 1 honor medal, ser 7...