Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Be robbed on the way"??

Default "Be robbed on the way"??

So I sent a transport of 1mil gold today to my alliance friend about 2 minutes away, and I get a plunder report stating "Resources be robbed on the way". I lost 500k (always seems to be half of what you send) and lost workers.

This happened again right after when I sent 3mil food and was robbed of half.

Is this something new and why didn't the developers warn us??
    I'm so sick of them not releasing information about changes like this.
    (unless I missed it somewhere?)

Is there any way to stop this? Can I send attack hero with other troops to prevent such things?

Thanks for any help or commiserating.

This is not something new, you cannot stop it. Sending troops will just get your troops killed.

Actually that's not totally true, there is in fact a way to stop it, but it involves a lot of work.

Theres a post by dawnseeker explaining the mechanics, I wont get into it or find it you can do that yourself, but it boils down to this:

Large prestige difference = robbery.

So you can chain send, for example you have 500k prestige, send to 400k prestige guy who sends to 300k prestige guy who sends to 200 to 100 to your buddy.

No one gets robbed, hurray.

Jive I think it's the other way around. It happens when a lower prestige player tries to send resources to a higher level player. I haven't seen it happen sending to lower prestige players personally.

Quote Originally Posted by rugfish View Post
    Jive I think it's the other way around. It happens when a lower prestige player tries to send resources to a higher level player. I haven't seen it happen sending to lower prestige players personally.
    Okay, why in the world would there be a mechanic that prevents a lower players from sending to a higher player?

Of course Pokey had it right, it's designed to keep higher-level players from helping out the little guys too much.

Watch your misinformation, there; can't believe someone didn't correct him

Илья, Server 1

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post
    Okay, why in the world would there be a mechanic that prevents a lower players from sending to a higher player?

Of course Pokey had it right, it's designed to keep higher-level players from helping out the little guys too much.

Actually, both are true, as confirmed by Dawnseeker in said post. It doesn't make sense, but the same can be said for most game mechanics

In some games, low-prestige players sending to high-prestige players is considered pushing...in other words, it is possible the high-prestige players are demanding "tribute" from the lower ones as a form of extortion to prevent attacks.

This mechanic exists to prevent pushing as well as to prevent power-levelling of lower players by the high end ones. The greater the prestige difference in either direction, the greater the chance of being robbed.

You know I was going to be all upset with people correcting my Right information and muddling it with Wrong information, but FoxyBunny is so smart sometimes and has a sexy avatar so it makes it all fade away. Best mod ever perhaps.
    Last edited by pokey; 07-15-2009 at 12:57 PM.

I agree with FoxyBunny but not Pokey.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchy View Post

In other games like this its called "Pushing."

They don't want people building multiple players to feed one big guy.

And it works both ways in Evony. Its about prestige difference not about little to big, or big to little. So if you don't send stuff to someone that is close to you in prestige there's a high chance you'll be robbed.

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind" ~Einstein
    "lol well wine usually helps boost the wood"~LG
    "Today a young man on acid realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Heres Tom with the Weather."~Bill Hicks

So what's the point of having alliances if those with the resources to spare (high prestige) cannot send them to those who need them ?
    What happens when I send 100k troops to reinforce someone with low prestige and they need to stay there for any length of time?
    Is the poor sap supposed to feed them somehow, because if I try to send food it will get taken by the system ?

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
    PEACE