Thread: Curiosities

Default Curiosities

So I'm curious about a few things.

1) Who is the publisher of this game, and if I pay for game items, who is getting my money, and what is my avenue for account support? Just this forum? Not good enough if I am handing over real life cash.

2) What exactly is the relationship between Civony and Divine Generals? Developed by the same person/team? For comparison, you can play Divine Generals here. The only difference that I can tell is Civony has the added.. ahem.. .benefit of being able to play against tons of other people, and having to pay for certain features (aka almost everything).

Answers to these would be great. Thanks.

EDIT: OK, yes, I found the link to UMGE's website, but it has a conspicuous lack of contact info there, too. No corporate information, no addresses, phone numbers, or even e-mail contacts. I find it rather suspicious.
    Last edited by Mandolin; 04-04-2009 at 06:40 AM. Reason: More info

woot kongregate rox!

Quote Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
    So I'm curious about a few things.

1) Who is the publisher of this game, and if I pay for game items, who is getting my money, and what is my avenue for account support? Just this forum? Not good enough if I am handing over real life cash.

2) What exactly is the relationship between Civony and Divine Generals? Developed by the same person/team? For comparison, you can play Divine Generals here. The only difference that I can tell is Civony has the added.. ahem.. .benefit of being able to play against tons of other people, and having to pay for certain features (aka almost everything).

Answers to these would be great. Thanks.

EDIT: OK, yes, I found the link to UMGE's website, but it has a conspicuous lack of contact info there, too. No corporate information, no addresses, phone numbers, or even e-mail contacts. I find it rather suspicious.
    You know why? Because civony isn't a licensed company at all. They pirated age of empires II's buildings. They don't want to make themselves known more than they have to. They are con artists.

Interesting, if you go on the IMGE website and click on the live support it's fulled up with mmorpg gold selling ads and clearly has 'Power leveling enquiry(spelling ) and Gold enquiry'

Customer Service Phone: 877-666-7729 Happens to be the customer support phone line of some gold selling sites

Surge of Valor is a streamlined MMORPG developed by UMGE LCC. UMGE LLC is a profitable and fast-growing US-based Group, with over 300 staffs in US, UK, Hong Kong, and China.
    300? I find that hard to believe.
    UMGE stands for Universal Multiplayer Game Entertainment. A search through Google Finance with the keywords, "china multiplayer -korea," shows that the publicly listed China-based MMOG companies alone account for 7.3 billion USD of market capitalization. China is indisputably the world's most thriving multiplayer game market. Thanks to the demanding gamers' ultrafast feedback cycle, China has been the perfect greenhouse to nurture innovative game developers, which in turn breeds revolutionary design and gameplay.
    [B]
    Founded by an elite group of avid mainland China game developers[/B
    By the sounds of it most of there developers are in china not the US and if you look at the bottom of there website it says
    ALL CONTENT COPYRIGHT ?2009 REGANMERC.COM

Meh.. even so, other china-based MMOs follow standard practices when they release a game in the US. They're never ideal, but this one just seems extra shady. I've bought from cash shops on other chinese and korean games. No way in hell I'm giving a penny to this one. :/ Oh well, not my loss. :P

yeah, I will keep playing, but I don't feel like giving money. Items cost a lot so it feels like wasting money anyways. Seriously, $5 for a 25% resource boost for one week?