Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Battering Ram

Default Battering Ram

Simple enough question: when are battering ram's most commonly used (if at all)?

Ballistae seem to be the staple seige weapon, w/ catapults bein' favoured, but unpopular because of their costs.
    I've jus' not even heard mention of battering rams...pretty much every battle report I've read or discussion on invasions, raids, wars or skirmishes seems to simply not include this device....why?
    Is it not any good, or too complicated w/ the game mechanics, or too expensive to be worth it...or do the others jus' make it redundant?

Battering Rams own ballistas, I'm not sure how they are used in attacks to make them effective.

battering rams aren't much use until you have massive numbers of them. Sending 100K battering rams to a city will likely wipe out > 500K archers.

So ballistae are useful because they're always strong, even in small numbers...whereas rams are no good in small numbers, but....useful by the time you can get swathes of them?

Good to know at least...can't afford to create that many yet.

ahhh, the most common question I see.

Battering ram's bring down the walls Endurance. They are honestly a useless thing as they eat up all your food and doesnt even destroy any archer towers or anything. I have zero as they are useless. yes once there in big numbers they can destroy a persons army but otherwise ide say dont get them. I dont know anyone that has more than 1k rams. So dont get them unless u want to waste all your food and lumber.

ballistas are great for farming lvl 5npcs.. other then that they are pointless..

rams are great when ur stuck up against a pesky defender w/ mass archers who u cant scout bomb..

archers are effective against archer towers..
    pikes own all horse mounted units...
    horsese own most seige wepons
    catapults are epic defense but absolute pointless otherwise
    I have severe ADHD, Dyslexia, and I'm easily distracted by shiny th... HolySmokes A SPORK!

Evony's Local Unicorn Supporter

ramming logs have massive amounts of health.

100k rams beats lvl9 walls 110k archers on defense with only 14k ram loss. tell me what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Seneca View Post
    battering rams aren't much use until you have massive numbers of them. Sending 100K battering rams to a city will likely wipe out > 500K archers.
    Actually they have a report of 106k rams plus am assortment taking out 500k+ archers but had the defender layered right this would not have happened ... If you have the food and time to build thisd many it is a good 1st punch to a city though one day if they make you open your gates when they attack it could be found more useful.
    反清復明 LUKOS
    Server 3 Now ss 37
    Hotboy = Deathisme Different name same game
    Quote Originally Posted by missirish View Post
    Check your ranks, yo.

100k rams is ridiculously expensive. Archers are 12x less expensive. So with 100k rams, you could be sending 12 waves of 100k Archers. You chose.