Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting medals for baronet - guide on new servers

Default Getting medals for baronet - guide on new servers

Mods...please sticky this so we don't keep seeing 10,000 posts about it, then you or I can remove this part from the post. I ask because the former guide that was similar seems to have gone away.

First and foremost, have the patience and time to do this, as it is called a "grind" for a reason.

Upgrade your Feasting Hall as high as you can afford, and Rally Spot to 1 level under this. (example Feasting Hall level 8, Rally Spot Level 7) and hire as many heroes as you can to fill up the Feasting Hall. From my experience, stats do not matter on these heroes for the low level valleys as all heroes I have sent to attack have had roughly the same results on finding medals. Now, make sure you control at least one less valley in your town hall than the town hall's level (have a free valley to be able to conquer).

Next, find the closest level 1-3 valley to you. Don't bother scouting, complete waste of time. I just saw another post asking what a valley is. A valley is anything other than a city on the map. (Swamp, Hill, Desert, Flat, Lake, Grasslands)

For a level 1 valley send 50 archers. Level 2, send 100 archers. Level 3 send 200 archers. Using this method I do not lose any archers at all, if you find yourself losing a few, increase the amounts sent.

Now, the "farming" part. Send an attack on the valley close to you, keep the attack screen open and wait 10-15 seconds(to account for lag or being disconnected)and send the next wave. Do this until all waves have been sent out. Next, open up your map screen and hover over the valley you attacked. Once your first attack lands, click on the valley, choose "enter" and click on abandon. This will send your hero and troops back and instantly regenerate the valley for your next wave of attacks to hit. Repeat this until all of your troops are returning.

Do not expect a miracle. The drop rate is very low, 1% from my experience. You may find 2 medals out of 10 attacks, or you may not find any from 100+ attacks.

Good luck to you all, if you find this guide useful maybe PM a moderator asking them to sticky it for more people who would also find it useful.
    Last edited by dachronic; 08-05-2009 at 10:34 PM.

Uhm... I use

LvL1 Valley - 30 Archers
    LvL2 Valley - 50 Archers
    LvL3 Valley - 80 Archers

Your numbers seem way over kill

Quote Originally Posted by King1282 View Post
    Uhm... I use

LvL1 Valley - 30 Archers
    LvL2 Valley - 50 Archers
    LvL3 Valley - 80 Archers

Your numbers seem way over kill
    The numbers may be a bit over kill, but I did find the medals I needed for baronet using this method. If you can get by with less troops, by all means go for it. It was just a general guideline of a number of troops that I know for a fact worked with low academy researches as well as my higher researches since that point.

My interesting findings of the last 2 days....

On my particular (newer) server... I had been trying attacking every Level 1-4 valley close to my town. After a few days of that I had only gotten 2 medals. What I noticed is that both came from level 2 hills.

I sent troops back to the same 2 level 2 hills the next day and once again got 2 medals from the same hills.

Since then I changed my marching plans and have been only attacking level 2 hills. I've gotten 5 medals since then out of maybe 20 attacks. I'm not sure what the deal is with level 2 hills around my city but considering I sent hundreds of attacks on other valley types and didn't get anything I'm going to stick with this method for now - even if it means 45 minute marches to the next level 2 hill I can find.

I do send 100 archers each time, no losses, no capturing the valleys, no matter whether there are heroes defending the valley or not.

I'm not making any claims to patterns or overall game mechanics, just relating what has worked for me in the past couple days of attempts. It is entirely possible that I've just had a lucky run.

-Zensae

I once attacked a lvl2 hill 120 times and got no medals.

Terrain does not matter.

i agree its just the luck of the draw wether you get a medal or not but what i say is attack as may DIFFRENT valleys around you only ONCE hit it with what you FEEL is a safe amount i dont think it matters that much with L1 to L4 but your HBR and your Archery might play a part in how many troops you need to send

also your heros do make a diffrence in my mind as i have tested this fact i sent 8 diffrent heros out all attacked 40@L1 / 40@L2 / 40@L3 and 40@L4 and i found that a hero with more intelligence found more medals

also i read about rehitting the same valley over and over again this is ok but you will not get a medal for hitting a L4 valley with has very little troops to what it had at the first hit i have always gone by letting the valley build its self back up again before re attacking i find its just like the NPC's they need time to rebuild as there is no point hitting one 7 or 8 times in 5 mins i would rather hit it once then once again about 8 hrs later to allow it to rebuild it (btw im on about farming them hear )

this is just what i think and what i have seen and tested and found works it might be true for you or it might not as it is just pot luck if you like to call it that

Thanks. The previous similar post was missing/deleted/moved. it will help many gamers.
    Evony. The best place to earn prestige. FAST.

Evony Guide for beginners

I find it easier just to max out my fields that I own and then medal hunt. I don't have to worry about abandoning and plus I get a very small amount of resources when I win but don't conquer.

I just posted a general guideline that worked for me and several other players I have spoken to. By all means continue to post what works for you. Any information about what works finding medals helps out.

Quote Originally Posted by chris702564 View Post
    also i read about rehitting the same valley over and over again this is ok but you will not get a medal for hitting a L4 valley with has very little troops to what it had at the first hit i have always gone by letting the valley build its self back up again before re attacking i find its just like the NPC's they need time to rebuild as there is no point hitting one 7 or 8 times in 5 mins i would rather hit it once then once again about 8 hrs later to allow it to rebuild it (btw im on about farming them hear )
    In regards to this. If you conquer the valley and abandon it between each attack, it instantly regenerates to 100%. The type and number of troops varies, like it would on any other valley, but it is fully regenerated. If you do not conquer a valley, it takes one hour to fully regenerate.

Confirmed by a moderator that you either need to spend money or keep hitting valleys to obtain medals. From the following thread:
    http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=43906

Shoko-koko is an unknown quantity at this point
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoko-koko View Post
    The medal drop is not linked to troop lose ...so the only good advice anyone can give on new servers is :

A: just keep hitting , you are bound to get one eventually
    B: Attack the shop with your credit card and buy a medal box

Anything other then that is not valid

My 2 cents