Thread: Major or Knight

Default Major or Knight

I am a bit confused here.

You see, recently i accepted the promotion to the rank title "Captain" and with everything in place, my requirements for promotion to rank title "Major" is one click away.

I was told that in order to build a new city, you would have to achieve the rank title "Knight" first.

My question here is this, if i accepted the promotion to the rank title "Major" would that able me to build a new city like a rank title "Knight" would?

the Ranks exist for one purpose, to give you access to the Titles. The Titles give you the ability to build more cities. So you should always go for titles first. IE Knight is more beneficial than Major, etc. But you should have taken Knight before Captain. Captain is the prereq for Baronet.

Titles and Rank are two different things. Knight will promote you in Title from Civilian to Knight. The Rank of Major will promote you from Captain to Major in Rank. Go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Prefect View Post
    Titles and Rank are two different things. Knight will promote you in Title from Civilian to Knight. The Rank of Major will promote you from Captain to Major in Rank. Go for it.
    so, if i accepted the promotion of Major. Would i still be able to build new cities or should i just accept the promotion to Knight?

Only knight would allow another city.

City Title
    1st Civilian
    2nd Knight
    3rd Baronet
    4th Baron (need the rank Major to become a Baron)
    5th Viscount
    6th Earl
    7th Marquis
    8th Duke
    9th Furstin
    10th Prinzessin
    Last edited by ColinEv; 08-14-2009 at 12:37 PM. Reason: spelling

u should become a knight befo major. also wait to become a baronet befo becoming major. if ur on a newer server do this. if not u can do as u wish

Quote Originally Posted by shani andras View Post
    so, if i accepted the promotion of Major. Would i still be able to build new cities or should i just accept the promotion to Knight?
    No, and it does cost a lot to do either. You have to pay the gold for the position. I would accept Knight first and then Major afterward. You can be both but only Knight will allow you to build cities.

Always, always, always take the title before the rank. The one exception is if you need the rank to get the title.