Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: What happened to the medals?

This will be the official thread for discussion involving the update and medal drops. All others will be closed from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Rock View Post
    I used to get medals for conquering a valley. But I just conquered two and even captured a captive hero. But I didnt get a medal. What happened?
    I'm still getting medals... maybe attack a few more and check their level before hand, could be you're attacking below a certain level - I'll check too. Anybody else got ideas??

Thumbs down Unfair rip off

I started to think Civony had updated for the better, apparently not, a lot of it is designed to rip people off.

In order for me to get to Baronet I need 10 Rose Medals where do Civony suggest I am gonna get the additional 6 Rose medals required, I know, I can get them from the Wheel of Fortune.

Or I can buy them, I think this little Medal moved is designed to force people to buy Game coins.
    Won't be happening from my end and far as I can see Civony is going to lose a lot of players cos they cannot afford to get past the Rank of Captain so what is the point in playing I may as well go and play Travian where I can play fairly from the start to the finish without being punished because I can't afford to spend the money on game coins.

Default Medal hunting...Which server are you still on?

For those of you who say you still get medals in Valleys: Which server are you on? I would like to find someone on server one that has had the same experience.

It's not as easy to get Medals any more.

Just gotta keep attacking and hoping
    :.CPO.: - SERVER 4

***250+ members, in 4 different branches.
    Strongest alliance in Saxony.***

Mail me ingame - the_Chief

~ Minimum 50K Prestige to join ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth64 View Post
    I started to think Civony had updated for the better, apparently not, a lot of it is designed to rip people off.

In order for me to get to Baronet I need 10 Rose Medals where do Civony suggest I am gonna get the additional 6 Rose medals required, I know, I can get them from the Wheel of Fortune.

Or I can buy them, I think this little Medal moved is designed to force people to buy Game coins.
    Won't be happening from my end and far as I can see Civony is going to lose a lot of players cos they cannot afford to get past the Rank of Captain so what is the point in playing I may as well go and play Travian where I can play fairly from the start to the finish without being punished because I can't afford to spend the money on game coins.
    This update is in to stop medal farming which was a mechanic that I don't believe the game designers ever intended. This is the fix of a bug, not the destruction of a gaming method. We all expected medal farming to end sooner or later, and better sooner than later because that means fewer people overly benefit from it.

Edit: You can still attack valleys, but you're going to have to attack higher level valleys, and do actual damage with your armies instead of scout spamming.

Medal farming is evil. This is what I've got after one (whole) day of farming

You ain't Tuff if you haven't slaughtered your whole army before dinner
    - Tuffguys motto, Server 2

Thumbs up

gee now i know who is hogging all the metals geez nice collection

Quote Originally Posted by Haradar View Post
    This update is in to stop medal farming which was a mechanic that I don't believe the game designers ever intended. This is the fix of a bug, not the destruction of a gaming method. We all expected medal farming to end sooner or later, and better sooner than later because that means fewer people overly benefit from it.

Edit: You can still attack valleys, but you're going to have to attack higher level valleys, and do actual damage with your armies instead of scout spamming.
    I'm not talking about scout bouncing or spamming. I attacked a level 1, 2, and 3 valley. All defended by pikeman/archers. Lost over a dozen of my own pikeman per. Captured a hero in one as well.
    No medals.
    What exactly amounts to a medal awardable attack now? I'm tired of guessing.

To get a faster chance to get medals(and michelangelo's scripts[used to upgrade to level 10 buildings]) scout spam a valley conquered by a very close person.

You should message them first, so they don't freak out and start smacking the **** out of you.