Page 3 of 63 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 628

Thread: Farming a LVL 10 NPC

  1. #21

    Default

    Was something changed in the last few days? I tried this myself off the advice of the thread...

    Hero attack was 145.

    battle18.evony.com/default.html?logfile/20090817/dc/0a/dc0a457ef1dff1d2102d2f5ac0a51e76.xml

    complete loss

  2. #22

    Default

    I just attacked my first L10 and lost 39,000 archers (and a few bal), and then I did the math...

    At current world 9 prices...

    To train 1 archer it costs $2365
    300 food $300
    350 lumber $1225
    300 iron $840

    The total cost of the 39,000 archers was $92,235,000

    The return...

    19,000,000 food $19,000,000
    600,000 lumber $2,100,000
    600,000 stone $450,000
    600,000 iron $1,680,000
    gold $1,500,000

    Total $24,730,000

    So the ROI for the attack was -$67,505,000

    Unless you have a hero with a 400 attack, and they fix the patch so that you can use bals, or you just need the medals... THERE AS NO REASON OTHER THAN BRAGGING RIGHTS TO HIT A L10!

  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Antacid View Post
    i have been attacking lvl 5 npc's since yesterday, and i havent had one loss yet.

    here are my 2 most recent attacks.

    http://battle36.evony.com/default.ht...32c3c45863.xml
    http://battle36.evony.com/default.ht...0ecc0657bd.xml

    it seems to be working pretty well for me.
    Yes, but if one has archery lvl 10, 400 ballistas should be more than enough with a decent hero. You are doing "overkill" and no losses would be expected. What is happening with experienced players is that now sometimes 400 ballistas with same heroes result in losses of 10-16 balls.

  4. #24

    Default hero level

    I'm confused most of the reports I have seen seem to have a level 1 hero defending the NPC, I have scouted a lot of LVL 10 NPC and cant get hero down to level 1. Also any LVL 10 I have attacked has defen treb not rockfall, have other servers not had update? i'm on server 6

  5. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord FDS View Post
    I just attacked my first L10 and lost 39,000 archers (and a few bal), and then I did the math...

    At current world 9 prices...

    To train 1 archer it costs $2365
    300 food $300
    350 lumber $1225
    300 iron $840

    The total cost of the 39,000 archers was $92,235,000

    The return...

    19,000,000 food $19,000,000
    600,000 lumber $2,100,000
    600,000 stone $450,000
    600,000 iron $1,680,000
    gold $1,500,000

    Total $24,730,000

    So the ROI for the attack was -$67,505,000

    Unless you have a hero with a 400 attack, and they fix the patch so that you can use bals, or you just need the medals... THERE AS NO REASON OTHER THAN BRAGGING RIGHTS TO HIT A L10!
    If you use items you can minimize your losses

    With just war horn i lost about 10k
    Without i lost much more
    Rules are to follow ...not to break!!

    Best tip for getting medals : Attack the shop with 80-240 cents ...you get a medal chest drop every time......tested

  6. #26

    Default

    If you look at some of the battle reports on the first page with the guy's who have lvl 300 heros, they only lose 7k archers, i think that's a small price to pay for 19 million food. This isn't really a guide (yet) it's just a place where i'm putting my research on attacking lvl 10's, I thought i'd put it on the forum so other people can see, as well as give their own advice. I'm not saying go out and attack lvl 10's with the info you see here, personal results may vary


    Quote Originally Posted by PMV View Post
    Was something changed in the last few days? I tried this myself off the advice of the thread...

    Hero attack was 145.

    battle18.evony.com/default.html?logfile/20090817/dc/0a/dc0a457ef1dff1d2102d2f5ac0a51e76.xml

    complete loss
    what are your techs?

  7. #27
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    goldcast australia
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Has the been changes made on npc lvl10, today i sent an attack lost 50k archers npc city hero was 11 and mine 156 attack even sent more ballista and that was a waste of time sending the ballista
    http://battle3.evony.com/default.htm...93f60568c4.xml

    and couple of days ago i sent a similar attack with the same hero and the npc hero was 47 and only 9k archery loss
    http://battle3.evony.com/default.htm...2818acf07a.xml
    Last edited by dan stafrace; 08-17-2009 at 11:16 AM.

  8. #28

    Default

    Here's my experience with farming Barb 10:

    1. As long as you keep the % of siege weapons below 15% (transports, rams, ballistas, catapults), the defensive treb will NOT target them first, but rather the archers.

    2. If you don't have lvl 10 essential techs, don't bother.

    3. Having an Archer/Ballista+Catapult mix will minimize your losses. Sure, if you have a lvl 300+ hero, then you can go with pure archer... but otherwise, the mix combo is the better way.

    4. This is actually rather silly... but because of game mechanics, HBR 10 + Comp 9 will give you less losses than HBR 10 + Comp 10... Since the Archers march up into the AT range before the Ballista/Pult can get into their attack range. The difference can be up to 10k+ Archer losses for pre-lvl 100 heros.

    5. Replacing Ballista with Catapult will lower the Archer losses as well.

  9. #29

    Default

    I am sure the lvl 317 Hero helps a lot :-)

    Anyone try Catapults on these? If so how many are we talking about and what were your results?

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malekai View Post
    I am sure the lvl 317 Hero helps a lot :-)

    Anyone try Catapults on these? If so how many are we talking about and what were your results?
    It's pointless to send pure Catapults, for the same reason it's pointless to send pure Ballistas.

    Here's my latest report, with HBR 10/Comp 10:

    http://battle23.evony.com/default.ht...104dc8c099.xml

    HBR 10/Comp 9:

    http://battle34.evony.com/default.ht...43e4a6f203.xml

    Too bad I can't really play a third server and build up to test HBR10/Comp 8...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •