Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 461 to 470 of 628

Thread: Farming a LVL 10 NPC

  1. #461

    Default

    something a alliance member sugested was 1 of everything and 4k swordsman for layering...heres the report

    battle43.evony.com/default.html?logfile/20091213/fe/18/fe18f3eadbc08cb48482f00fe16d66ac.xml

    just a war hor nactive and heros atk is 186...all techs lvl 10. Would 1k scout/pike/war/sword be better then 4k sword and 1 of everything?

  2. #462
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    US Navy
    Posts
    7,769

    Default

    How about sending just rainbow troops?
    Formerly known as Jurnis

  3. #463

    Default

    Do someone has an explanation for this disaster ?
    battle89.evony.com/default.html?logfile/20091213/a7/20/a720b4ab07a62a2c53e846eab95fa488.xml

    NPC hero level 10.

    My hero is 142 ATT. Archery/MT/IW/MED/compass are all level 10.

    However, I did not send any warriors forcleaning traps before, like the first example given in this thread (I just put more layers to compensate lower ATT hero).
    Last edited by Loneric; 12-14-2009 at 03:20 PM.

  4. #464

    Default

    Loneric...To me it looks like you have too much of a rainbow. Only Send 2000 tansports for starters.

    My hero is about 200 att and I send 200 Warrior, 1400 pike, 1400 swords, 2000 trans and 95k archers and usually only lose 7-8k archers without any buffs. I tried sending 1k war, 1k pike, 1k sword and lost about 18k archers. I pretty much just stick to this setup for normal farms but have been playing with different combos with the 3k suicide spots to see what works best.

  5. #465

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Loneric...To me it looks like you have too much of a rainbow. Only Send 2000 tansports for starters.

    My hero is about 200 att and I send 200 Warrior, 1400 pike, 1400 swords, 2000 trans and 95k archers and usually only lose 7-8k archers without any buffs. I tried sending 1k war, 1k pike, 1k sword and lost about 18k archers. I pretty much just stick to this setup for normal farms but have been playing with different combos with the 3k suicide spots to see what works best.
    Do you send a trap cleaning wave before ? Is is that you call the 3k suicide spot ?

    My bad, I m lost : what can be the diffrence in your examples between sending 2800 of layers (200 w, 1400 p, 1400s) or 3000 (1k of each) for a casulaties difference of 10000 archers ? It has no sense for me. Or perhaps it means it's not good to insist on putting too many warriors as they are too slow to cover our archers ?
    Last edited by Loneric; 12-14-2009 at 05:09 PM.

  6. #466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Loneric View Post
    Do someone has an explanation for this disaster ?
    battle89.evony.com/default.html?logfile/20091213/a7/20/a720b4ab07a62a2c53e846eab95fa488.xml

    NPC hero level 10.

    My hero is 142 ATT. Archery/MT/IW/MED/compass are all level 10.

    However, I did not send any warriors forcleaning traps before, like the first example given in this thread (I just put more layers to compensate lower ATT hero).
    142 attack doesnt go well with 10 compass..
    your going to have losses like that until about ~180+ attack

  7. #467
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Soon to be Switzerland
    Posts
    72

    Default

    I started farming level 10s when my highest attack hero got to 155 attack, and this is what I do:

    1. Scout for a low level hero (I usually shoot for 15 or less).

    2. Send one of the following (I've tried all of these, and they all have around the same results):

    95k archers, 2k trans, and either:

    2800 warriors, 100 pike, 100 swords
    2900 warriors, 100 pike
    2900 warriors, 100 swords
    You get the idea. I've done it with as little as 10 pike, and 2990 warriors, and still had the same results...I don't think it matters much what you send for these troops, since they're all gonna die anyway.

    I've also tried sending scouts along because I heard it resulted in less losses, but it didn't seem to make a difference either.

    3. All relevant techs are level 10, with the exception of compass, which is still level 9.

    4. I almost always apply either a war horn or an ivory horn (I won 10 of those off the wheel, so I'm set for a while!)

    My losses: Compass has some effect on this that I've seen plenty of arguments about on the forums. From my own personal experience, when I first started doing this, the attack level of my hero was 155, and compass was at 8. I was only losing between 6k and 7k archers pretty consistently, occasionally 8k. I upgraded to 9, and somewhere around 170 attack, I started losing more archers than I was at first. I now lose between 8 and 9k archers consistently (except once, when I did not apply a war horn, and lost about 11k which sucked). This is before healing of course. I don't know what factor affected my losses, whether it was the change in compass, or the change in my hero (though you'd think the higher his attack level gets, the LESS I'd lose, but it's Evony so who knows).

    Regarding sending waves of warriors before the attacks:
    I have heard, and read, that sending a few waves of warriors (3 waves of 5k I believe) immediately before the main attack will reduce archer losses. Personally I don't bother with this, because it doesn't seem to me like it reduces the losses enough to be worth the effort, but admittedly I haven't tried this method, so I could be wrong.

    Sorry for the giant wall of text I've made...for those of you with shorter attention spans, here is the quick version:

    1 War/Ivory horn + 150 attack hero + 95k archers + 2800 warriors/100pike/100swords + 2k transporters against a level 10 NPC with low level hero = about 8k archers lost and 19 million food gained. (Assuming all relevant techs are level 10)

  8. #468

    Default

    I thank you both for your answers guys.
    Hmm, sounds like the problem is compass. I should have waited before researching it to 10.

  9. #469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MrsBalros View Post
    I started farming level 10s when my highest attack hero got to 155 attack, and this is what I do:

    1. Scout for a low level hero (I usually shoot for 15 or less).

    2. Send one of the following (I've tried all of these, and they all have around the same results):

    95k archers, 2k trans, and either:

    2800 warriors, 100 pike, 100 swords
    2900 warriors, 100 pike
    2900 warriors, 100 swords
    You get the idea. I've done it with as little as 10 pike, and 2990 warriors, and still had the same results...I don't think it matters much what you send for these troops, since they're all gonna die anyway.

    I've also tried sending scouts along because I heard it resulted in less losses, but it didn't seem to make a difference either.

    3. All relevant techs are level 10, with the exception of compass, which is still level 9.

    4. I almost always apply either a war horn or an ivory horn (I won 10 of those off the wheel, so I'm set for a while!)

    My losses: Compass has some effect on this that I've seen plenty of arguments about on the forums. From my own personal experience, when I first started doing this, the attack level of my hero was 155, and compass was at 8. I was only losing between 6k and 7k archers pretty consistently, occasionally 8k. I upgraded to 9, and somewhere around 170 attack, I started losing more archers than I was at first. I now lose between 8 and 9k archers consistently (except once, when I did not apply a war horn, and lost about 11k which sucked). This is before healing of course. I don't know what factor affected my losses, whether it was the change in compass, or the change in my hero (though you'd think the higher his attack level gets, the LESS I'd lose, but it's Evony so who knows).

    Regarding sending waves of warriors before the attacks:
    I have heard, and read, that sending a few waves of warriors (3 waves of 5k I believe) immediately before the main attack will reduce archer losses. Personally I don't bother with this, because it doesn't seem to me like it reduces the losses enough to be worth the effort, but admittedly I haven't tried this method, so I could be wrong.

    Sorry for the giant wall of text I've made...for those of you with shorter attention spans, here is the quick version:

    1 War/Ivory horn + 150 attack hero + 95k archers + 2800 warriors/100pike/100swords + 2k transporters against a level 10 NPC with low level hero = about 8k archers lost and 19 million food gained. (Assuming all relevant techs are level 10)
    Assuming you do not use warhorn(which drastically reduces losses) then with compass 9 do the following
    130-150 attack : 95k archers+2k transporters +1k warriors+1k pikemen+1k swordsmen (8k-11k losses)

    150+ attack: 95k archers +2k transporters +3k warriors=8.5k-12k losses (hero 150-220 atk)


    If you stick to the warriors method below 150 attack, this is what will happen

    95k archers +2k transporters+3k warriors=20-22k losses(120 attack hero 16 rounds)
    95k archers +2k transporters+3k warriors=17k losses(120-130 attack hero 16 rounds)
    95k archers +2k transporters+3k warriors=16k losses(135 attack hero 15 rounds)
    95k archers +2k transporters+3k warriors=13k losses(136-138 attack hero 15 rounds) 1 report

  10. #470

    Default

    http://battlewn4.evony.com/default.html?logfile/20091220/ba/1c/ba1c4295812a35c5f7721500e13e2350.xml

    http://battlewn4.evony.com/default.html?logfile/20091220/ff/3d/ff3db803381cc8c73ccd457c78839575.xml

    http://battlewn4.evony.com/default.html?logfile/20091221/79/8c/798c9e5e47040b0deb2b40237e20c044.xml
    Last edited by moshpit; 12-22-2009 at 05:14 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •