Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Honor: What's the point?

Yes, honor is good, for the aggressive player.
    Having alot of honor sure reduces your wounded props, but you're not supposed to loose anyway, right?
    Anyway, the opponent will have a high wounded props, and any half-decent player can do the math here.

I take out several cities a day, I earn alot of troops doing just that.

For instance, you attack a player, you win, then you kill and conquer his city.. then score! You'll get 50% of his dead troops from the medic camp. Most of the times, these rewards are greater than the losses.
    Honor is also for competition! Alot of players find it exciting to compete for the honor ranking (applies for prestige aswell) - but you can't get honor without having an army, and having an army in this game is important.
    Bottom line, I say honor is way more useful than prestige - for the aggressive player that is.

Edit: The honor diffrence determines the wounded props, the more honor you got, the less wounded props you'll have.. and vice versa.
    Last edited by Silverfix; 08-17-2009 at 05:47 PM.
    Retired 28th August 2009 Duke Silverfix
    Vice Host of WolfPack
    Top ranked in Honor. Best and higest level attack Hero.
    World 9

Good players want 0 honor.

Quote Originally Posted by Beesenitch View Post
    Good players want 0 honor.
    Carebears want 0 honor

I received over 1.9 million honor by defending one town. It doesn't really show how experienced one is.

If you have MORE HONOR than your opponent, then when the battle is all said and done, your wounded proportion will be LESS than his.

Ya the honor system in Evony is kinda non-descript. I had 800k honor from doing some decent well-earned battles. Then one day, the host of a power alliance tele-landed on us with his bazilllion honor (didn't check how much he had). He attacked me and I reinforced 30 seconds before his waves arrived, He lost all his honor and I gained 10 million. Whoot for me but wow, musta sucked for him.
    PS. He lost 42k ballistas, 42k RAM, 80k cavs, 50k archers, and a bunch of foot soliders.

Quote Originally Posted by ffx95 View Post
    nope...but if u see someone with tons of honor (around more than a mill) it somehow intimidates people
    You get honor through successfully attacking/defending against another army. so if someone has 1m+ prestige it means their armies are strong enough to crush other armies.
    Proud Member of Runescape Dinasty
    Runescape Member for 7 years

Quote Originally Posted by 4everbucs View Post
    You get honor through successfully attacking/defending against another army. so if someone has 1m+ prestige it means their armies are strong enough to crush other armies.
    incorrect.
    the honor calculations are more complicated than that.

you can win with -honor
    my stance on honor ? I'll post a transcript of a conversation I had in-game with someone.

me: if you care about honor, hit people that don't and when they retalliate you'll get heaps by fending off their attacks

him: i got 400k honor the other day just cuz someone sent scouted me with 100k scouts, I had 200k

me: nah the real stupid bit, is once they start to actually crack your defence
    me: you port out or barb the city. you keep the honor, they gotta start from square one.
    him: so true
    me: so what's honorable about honor ? nothing lol

prestige can be gained by being completely passive. so it's not an indication of combat prowess at all.

Quote Originally Posted by likewhoa View Post
    Bah, who needs intimidation? Let the blood of their troops stain my walls.
    One sentence does say it all

Quote Originally Posted by 4everbucs View Post
    not really

they can crush others but if their troops die more than their enemy, they get negative honor

trust me, I've been that situation before