Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Lord Wellington's Gold Tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Evonator View Post
    noobs don't quite yet realize how gold generated from cottages is **** all compared to gold plundered from farming lvl 1-5 npc's
    I thought that was pretty obvious, and I haven't even gotten out of beginner stage to plunder anything yet. It works in the early game, then the larger your armies get the more desperately you have to maintain this system until it's costing more than it's netting. And on top of that, with both this and the 50% rate you're putting your city morale in a vulnerable situation should there be an attack.

Not only is this only good for beginners, it's only good for early beginners. It's funded a lot of my research so far, but the more I arm my people, the more goods (and potential medals) I can haul in for revenue.

This is stupid. 10k gold an hour is nothing, thats the same as producing 10k wood an hour on my server. Luckily since most of my fields are sawmills and I conquered forests nearby, I produce between 200-350k wood an hour in each of my 4 cities.

Thats 200-350k gold an hour in each of my 4 cities. So I am earning over 25M gold a day. Yes I have to buy iron and stone and food. Well do i? No not that often - but thats what gold is for... I be a plunderer though, so i got a lot of resources that way.

It seems some of you don't realize this guide was made in April. This was more common back then, in case some of you don't know.

and ppl still read it and do what the OP suggests...

Quote Originally Posted by WEAK View Post
    and ppl still read it and do what the OP suggests...
    That's because people don't bother to look and see the outdated information.

Except that what's outdated for one server, may be very timely for another, newer server

Default tax 100% works just fine

I have been taxing at 100% even before i saw this thread between my two cities i am still in newbie protection day 6 i have already made enough money to start production on ballistas and cataphracts as well as most of the lvl 4-5 in most of the other research categories. You just have to make sure that your farms are producing well dont do disaster relief every 20-30 mins or so and buying food in bulk from the market.