Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Population increase

Population increase

How do you increase your population and keep it there. I have 4880 labor positions, 5102 populations, 6550 available homes. My taxes have been set at 22% and never changes. there is no grievence, and stable 78 loyalty.

What do you think i can do to increase population, or is it normal to have 20% more homes than population?

Building more cottages and upgrade ur resource fields.. You should have more population.
    +Rep me if I've helped
    ~ | Avalon | Server 3 | SEED3 Alliance | ~

my concern was more that there is 6550 openings and only 5106 peple = 1449 vacant homes. i have 5 level 6 sawmills, 5 level 6 farms, 5 level 5/6 iron mines, and 4 level 6 quarries. each time i upgrade a factory, my population decreases a little more. oh and i have 5 level 4 cottages and i level5 cottage. Will upgrading cottages even help considering the gap already?

You need idle population to train troops, its doesn't matter much having idle population available. What i suggest is not to build more cottages, just upgrade the ones you have and fill your city with barracks.

Maybe i misunderstood, you have 6550 population limit? But only 5106 people? I'll try to explain as good as i can. The "Vacant homes" is the percentage of your population limit.

Example:

10% tax, 5000 pop limit

5000 * .1 = 500
    Total population will be 4500. (5000-500)

So basically if your tax is 0%, you will have full advantage of the population limit. The free spaces are just the tax percentage of your population limit.

Bah kind of early here, can't explain this better lol
    Lynnore - Sever 6 - 1,91mil prestige.
    Lynn - Server 49 - 1,01mil prestige.

Quote Originally Posted by Kildar View Post
    my concern was more that there is 6550 openings and only 5106 peple = 1449 vacant homes. i have 5 level 6 sawmills, 5 level 6 farms, 5 level 5/6 iron mines, and 4 level 6 quarries. each time i upgrade a factory, my population decreases a little more. oh and i have 5 level 4 cottages and i level5 cottage. Will upgrading cottages even help considering the gap already?
    There's ur problem:
    U should have (in my opinion) 7-9 cottages. I just came out of beg. protection and I have like 10k population but only 7.5k population. So its normal. Lowering the tax rate might help in closing the gap...
    Evony Age II
    ---------------------------------------------
    NA5: TheWarrior
    Alliance: Ireland

He has more then enough cottages, 7 is good.. 9 is too many, just a matter of upgrading.
    Lynnore - Sever 6 - 1,91mil prestige.
    Lynn - Server 49 - 1,01mil prestige.

yes with 8 cottages and 90% tax rate i have 8+k of idle population even thought all my resource field are maxed out.All lvl 9 with 100 at production. rise the tax if u need gold or else just keep it at the lowest which is just enough to pay ur heros. and like lynnore tax rate is inversely proportionate to ur % of population over the limit if ur tax rate is 90% ur population will be 10% short
    Please add on to my rep if u find what i say useful. And pls put useful comment in the box or else i wont get the rep!

I have 12 cottages all @ level 6... Population limit of 24,050. Current Pop 16,932. Labour force 7,740. Idle pop 9192

Default brand new

Look, Im tryin to figure this game out some one help ...I am bored as all hell and cant figure this out!

help some one