Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How many cottages?

Exclamation How many cottages?

New player here..I'm unsure about how many cottages I should put in my town? I wouldn't want to use up too many squares and wind up messin up my city.

So..around how many is a good number for cottages number? Cuz right now my gold income is Low (450 per hour) while all my resources are bringing in 3,000+ per hour. So, I'm always waiting on gold.

I'm just scared to build a lot of cottages cuz I think "maybe I need that space later for some other buildings."

All help is appreciated.

you cant really have too many
    more cottages means more population and more gold
    try focusing on upgrading the cottages you have right now and when they reach thier limit or near it you can build a new one

Quote Originally Posted by drakolov View Post
    you cant really have too many
    more cottages means more population and more gold
    try focusing on upgrading the cottages you have right now and when they reach thier limit or near it you can build a new one
    So then I wouldnt be gimping myself/ruining my account by building 10 cottages?

Quote Originally Posted by Thoridan View Post
    So then I wouldnt be gimping myself/ruining my account by building 10 cottages?
    Like someone said above, I would only build a few and upgrade them as high as you can before building more. I started out with building only three cottages, but now I have six.

Quote Originally Posted by XPetras View Post
    Like someone said above, I would only build a few and upgrade them as high as you can before building more. I started out with building only three cottages, but now I have six.
    Doesnt like a lot at lower levels give more than a few at higher?

New player here..I'm unsure about how many cottages I should put in my town? I wouldn't want to use up too many squares and wind up messin up my city.

So..around how many is a good number for cottages number? Cuz right now my gold income is Low (450 per hour) while all my resources are bringing in 3,000+ per hour. So, I'm always waiting on gold.

I'm just scared to build a lot of cottages cuz I think "maybe I need that space later for some other buildings."

All help is appreciated.
    Build about 14 cottages as fast as you can. Upgrade them to lvl3 for free. This will maximize your population without having to wait

Quote Originally Posted by jmborr View Post
    Build about 14 cottages as fast as you can. Upgrade them to lvl3 for free. This will maximize your population without having to wait
    14 sounds a bit excessive?

14 sounds a bit excessive?
    You think??

DO NOT build 14, that is just dumb!

I run a max of 12 or 13 cottages. This allows me space for 5 or 6 barracks and 2 or 3 warehouses. If you want more barracks or warehouses, cut back on cottages. There are many ways of building a city and I wont pretend to say whats right or wrong. This seems to be a good basic plan though. The only building you can have multiples of are cottages, barracks and warehouses, so use that fact to determine how many cottages you want.
    I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person

Quote Originally Posted by DevanLeigh View Post
    You think??

DO NOT build 14, that is just dumb!
    What is dumb is to have a bunch of vacant space, instead of having it filled with gold-producing cottages. Think before you start with insults. I have 2000K gold in my city. How much do you have?