Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Cheat Codes', Usefulness and The Truth

Default 'Cheat Codes', Usefulness and The Truth

To all of you would be kings or queens of the Civony Universe who would tempt the fates and risk all you have gained, all you have earned and chancing the wrath of Mother Karma in general by using these 'Guaranteed' cheat codes, let me give you a blow-by-blow account of what REALLY happens.

FIRST:
    • You type your all encompassing, magical code into the World Chat-Box, which may or may not look like this: Cheat:Lumber:10000...or...Stone:100000100001000001 00000100000100000:Cheat....or something to that effect.

SECOND:
    • Nothing happens.
    • The rest of the community reading the chat window now ALSO now your secret code.
    • Admins, Devs, GM's, Moderators and more experienced players, like me, take note of your name.

THIRD:
    • You get frustrated and try another cheat, substituting the first attempted resource with your next choice, i.e.: instead of Cheat:Lumber:10000....you type Cheat:Food:10000..
    • Another genius who was watching the chat window thinks you succeeded because you changed the code to the next resource and HE then types in the same cheat code...
    • A random number of other geniuses type in the code as well, trying to get the same free resources you and the first genius just got.
    • The same aforementioned Admins, Devs, Mods, etc. take not of their names and note that your name, once again, is at the top of the list, as do experienced players, like myself, likewise take note of your name and your following of budding scholars.
    • You once again get frustrated.

FORTH:
    • You try one more time....This time using a different cheat code from your growing list of cheat codes that you are convinced are going to work!...this time.
    • "The Disciples of Cheat Codes Which Appear in Chat" you helped spawn have gained in numbers and the chat window looks like a javascript coding tutorial filled with colons, resource names and a sea of what looks like binary code....1's and 0's as far as the eye can see.
    • Players, like myself, along with the listed Gods of Civony, see nothing but spam and a general disruption of the game itself.
    • Names are noted and players, like myself, as well as the Gods are beginning to get reeeeeeaaaaaaally ****ed at this stage...some have decided to take action and do something about this....players, like myself.
    • You get frustrated at the lack of results and finally decide to give it up...for now.

FIFTH:
    • The inexorable train of free stuff questers continues to gain followers as well as momentum....all with the same firm belief that the magic digital incantation is hidden here somewhere and they MUST decipher it's meaning.
    • You realize that you have new mail...more than one message is in your box....odd.
    • Why have you and/or your alliance suddenly become listed as at war with several players, like myself, and there are more than one attack force heading towards your town?....you ponder.
    • The messages were all warnings from various Admins and other Gods of Civony that you have been noted as attempting to use illegal cheat codes to circumvent set codes of fair play and use of scripts to mimick Developer Consoles and gain access to server stored engine files.....odd..
    • You browse this forum and find this thread.

SIXTH:
    • Your town has been plundered numerous times by players, like myself, because you wasted your time trying to cheat the game and get free stuff which could have been gained quicker by just following the 'Routine Quest' listing that the rest of us followed. Your troops are dead, wall is destroyed, resources are gone, farms/sawmills/quarries/foundries are all burned to embers, town hall is gone, cottages are destroyed, heroes have vanished and your gold reserves are empty.
    • Your desciples have all tasted the same fate as you.
    • You then realize that those cheat codes were all phony and it was a dumb idea to use them.
    • More experienced players, like myself, have just noted that another noob just tried to use the same cheat code in the chat window, and take down his name. As do the Gods of Civony.

Do you get it yet?

THERE ARE NO CHEAT CODES! If there actually WERE cheat codes that worked in this, or any other game like this, do you honestly think that the place to type them is IN THE GLOBAL CHAT WINDOW?!?!?!

They are circulated for one thing and one thing alone. To point out the noobs/cheaters and make a target out of them. Period.

You waste your time, let everyone watching know you are trying to take an easy route to victory, instead of paying attention to the game itself. THIS makes you an easy target and a prime candidate for starting over in a new village.

Do us all a favor. Just play the game.

Default :)

Lol, wow, I needed a laugh, it'd be interesting if any of those noobs actually read this. To be honest when I read the title I thought it was going to be a thread on how cheats work, I can say I was pleasantly surprised and got a laugh out of it. They should sticky this lol
    Last edited by Kittiana; 05-02-2009 at 08:33 AM.

XD. I got a good laugh out of that. Almost as good a laugh as the one I got out of the people that actually think there are going to be cheats put into an online game, like cheats are something that magically appear and aren't put into games by the devs....

A hero, forever loyal to the flames of war, rests in Outer Heaven.-Big Boss' Gravestone

Complete. Global. Saturation.

What I honestly can't comprehend, is why they think typing it in a chatbox will work, even if there was by some stupid noob miracle a cheat, why on earth would you type it in a chatbox >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Kittiana View Post
    What I honestly can't comprehend, is why they think typing it in a chatbox will work, even if there was by some stupid noob miracle a cheat, why on earth would you type it in a chatbox >.<
    I would assume because in certain offline PC games typing in cheats in the chatbox is how you activate them. But judging by the chatter the people who think there are cheats seem to be about 12 and too young to have played any of those games, so I could be giving them too much credit.

A hero, forever loyal to the flames of war, rests in Outer Heaven.-Big Boss' Gravestone

Complete. Global. Saturation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyhort View Post
    I would assume because in certain offline PC games typing in cheats in the chatbox is how you activate them.
    well i'll be...I didn't know that lol, i've only ever played travian which to my utter happiness has no chat box and this, and I stick to alliance chat on here.
    Official King's Bar Co-Owner and Barmaid

Thanks for the laugh, a great way to start my morning. I have yet to be bothered by people attempting to cheat, but i have seen the suggestions of codes floating around and currently i am looking for any half excuse to plunder,, thanks for the idea

Jesiah

I love it. mma go hang in World chat for a little while now. lol

lol ya i saw them earlier typing this crap in
    was so annoying some of them are actually near me so once 7 days wears off... its pay back

Is it acceptable to suggest "Alt-F4" when newbies ask how to cheat?

er ... I am a newbie ... but I still find the cheat codes annoying in the chat box.