View Poll Results: Do you think an iPhone app is a good idea?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

11 78.57%
  • No

3 21.43%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HTML/Mobile version of Evony

I really want this app to happen i would buy an evony app

Default iPhone app

Evony should make an on-the-go iPhone application so that iPhone users can play the game on their phones.
    If any of the developers are interested in an iPhone app (linked to the actual game played online, not a seperate entity) and dont have time or know how to code iPhone apps message me and perhaps we can work something out.

I believe this may be in the works but its just a roomer think.
    Name: HouseFly
    Alliance: Draco
    Server: World 6

If my post helped you give me rep please! (Hit the scales next to my post number on the top-right)

Thumbs up

Haha, ive got an iphone and that would be pretty cool...but i think it would send me to a new level of nerd if i did it..Good idea

It could be done, but not all features could be added.

Have you ever played iMob on the iphone? It would end up being text based.

Housefly, where did you hear that, sounds interesting?

- Moderator John

Want to contact me?

• MSN: Modjohnryan@gmail.com
    • AIM: Modjohnryan@gmail.com
    • Email: Modjohnryan@gmail.com
    • PM: Here

I support!

I have an iPod Touch...Is that close enough? Hehe. I like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Veael View Post
    I have an iPod Touch...Is that close enough? Hehe. I like this.
    same thing only thing is you'll have to be in a wifi area to access the game where as the iphone does not

Good idea, at the moment the iPhone flash can't support webflash due to licensing and limitations with the iPhone sdk. You can read more about it here:
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13579_3-10154123-37.html

The reasoning behind Apple not allowing webflash is to promote their own Appstore:
    http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2008/11/adobe-flash-on/
    Last edited by DaBoss; 06-12-2009 at 01:30 AM. Reason: Forgot, reason why Apple won't allow webflash

Mongol General: Conan! What is best in life?
    Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.
    Mongol General: That is good! That is good.

I actually thought when I first mentioned the game being iPhone compatible that it would definitely have to be text based, if it were even compatible then the game would probably be very laggy to say the least. However with a text based version for the iPhone at least iPhone users would then be able to do updates VIA the phone, recruit troops, send messages, etc. I dont think attacking would work so well on the iPhone text-based version of Evony simply because you wouldn't have any view of where your target is. It would definitely work for iTouch also Just wifi would be needed. I'd just love to be able to update buildings and stuff on the go so I wouldn't have to hop on a computer at a specified time to do an update. It would also expand the Evony community even further! Nearly everything in the game would be iPhone compatible but the attacks, which could work somehow I'm sure but it would probably be a funky one.
    If the developers of Evony would let me, a friend of mine and I could make the app!! PM me
    Last edited by maxshuty; 06-12-2009 at 01:51 AM.