Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tivie's NPC Battle Calculator

ksv9x, calculator doesn't take account enemy hero atk or your hero atk. Useless later on but a very good tool for early barb farming!

You should release a PvP version against players that is useful for end-game. =)

I can see some good potential with this calculator once PvP is incorporated, but not fully accurate yet.

Your transporter load is adding 5% for each Logistics level, but it should be 10% gain for each level.

In a particular example on NPC 5, using 137 ATT hero, inputting applicable tech levels, and sending 365 balli, I go for 62 rounds with zero loss. Your calc predicts 66 rounds and losing 23 balli.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by poiuytrewq View Post
    ksv9x, calculator doesn't take account enemy hero atk or your hero atk. Useless later on but a very good tool for early barb farming!

You should release a PvP version against players that is useful for end-game. =)
    Your own hero atk will be included in the next version, with release dated for 29-set-2009.

Barb hero level is variable and you can't know his atk value for sure unless you capture it (which kind of makes the calculator lose its purpose =P). So the calculator works with worst case scenario, adding a bonus equivalent of a bar hero atk power of 120. Maybe I will add an option to manually alter this value, but that would change the equations quite a bit.

I can see some good potential with this calculator once PvP is incorporated, but not fully accurate yet.

Your transporter load is adding 5% for each Logistics level, but it should be 10% gain for each level.

In a particular example on NPC 5, using 137 ATT hero, inputting applicable tech levels, and sending 365 balli, I go for 62 rounds with zero loss. Your calc predicts 66 rounds and losing 23 balli.
    The formulas aren't 100% accurate due to 2 main reasons:
    * Evony keeps changing battle mechanics
    * The issue I discussed above (hero atks from boss side)

The main reason I haven't implemented PvP is because I expect to perfect the battle system and formulas before adding more troops. For that, a lot of feedback is needed, so if you're willing to help improving it, please visit link removed register, and post the bugs, errors and more important, battle reports vs TNBC predicted reports. That can help a lot.

Keep in mind that the battle report AND troop losses calculation is, for all purposes, in BETA TEST.
    Last edited by FoxyBunny; 10-01-2009 at 03:20 PM.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by ksv9x View Post
    This calculator is not consistent with a NPC 5 anymore.

Input: Archery 10, HR 9, Mil. Tra. 10, Iron Wrk: 10, Medicine: 9, Logistic: 10, hero attk 76, 390 balls.

Real result: 62 rounds.
    Calculator output: 54 rounds.
    Thanks for your feedback. Due to recent evony updates, the rounds system seems a little off. The next release will try to correct this.
    Keep in mind that the unknown Barb Hero Attack has influence in the total number of rounds. I've added the input for barb hero atk stat as requested. Though it's usually unknown, it might help getting better results off the calculator.
    Check link removed for updates
    Last edited by FoxyBunny; 10-01-2009 at 03:20 PM.

5. Default

BUMP POST - TNBC Version 2.8 is out

you can download it here - link removed

Update Log for version 2.8 - 2009-09-29
    .: Corrected the Logistics Bonus to Transporters
    .: Added Hero Attack Status Bonus to Troops Attack and Defence Power (thanks to Lord Bx.C)
    .: Added Barb Attack Status bonus to NPC Troops Attack and Defence Power (as requested by several users)
    .: Formulas updated to reflect the latest alterations in Evony Battle Mechanics
    .: Added a splashscreen with EULA (End-User License Agreement)
    .: Due to code stealing, I've protected the Macros Source code from viewing
    Last edited by FoxyBunny; 10-01-2009 at 03:19 PM.

hey tivie been great using your program thanks for that.
    a mate in my alliance has been attacking lvl 5 npc's with 600 balls and 500 trans. archery 8 mt 7 iw 6 medicine 6 hero att 75 hbr 5
    now when i input this into the program is shows that there is losses of 65 balls, exxcept he is not getting any losses. this is new server 69 ( dont know if that make a difference) .

I've just input my stats for an attack on an NPC 5 using 500 ball and, according to the calculator, I should have only lost 63 ball in 62 rounds yet, in actuality, I was wiped out in 45 rounds

yes this calculator is some way off on some areas.
    ive wiped out 500 ballistas when it said i only lose 40 or so.

i think id rather refer to this thread.

http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=42643

follow this and have no losses, using the archery and hbr no losses guide.

9. Default

The main purpose of this calculator is to give an insight to what happens each round when you attack an NPC. The troops status and the number of troops a given NPC has works fine. The round report is working fine too. The formulas used to calc troop losses aren't, that's why its still on beta. By that, I mean it sometimes fail. That's why feedback is so important since its almost impossible to test it in every possible scenario.

A feedback report (from players) should include techs, number of troops, the calculators output and the real output. So, if you guys would be kind enough to include it, that can help me perfecting the formulas. Use the link removed to do that. And if you have any question regarding the calculator, don't hesitate to send me a mail.
    Last edited by FoxyBunny; 10-04-2009 at 11:38 PM.

so far a good looking tool. have not yet had the chance to use it as I do not have excel (MS Office at all in fact). I am currently downloading a 60 day free trial available through microsoft. I have been using the free MS Office equivalent known as OpenOffice.org (not only a website, but the name of the actual program as well). I attempted to use the calculator there as they claim to be able to run any MS office documents. Could not make it past the welcome screen even with security set to low. Was wondering if you could look into this for those of us who don't want to pay the high dollar for a program that we will only use 1/4 of if that (the entire office sweet). Alternately, if you would like help developing this calculator for alternative spreadsheet programs please feel free to message me here. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

AzraelAoD