Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [GUIDE]Etiquette Guide (Under Construction)

what if you psoetd smeo tihg lkie tihs wulod you be albe to raed tihs?
    it deosnt mtater if the mddile ltters are mssed up jsut as lnog as the frist and lsat ltters are in the rhigt palce you can raed it jsut fnie ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ken Deathmarr View Post
    Food Forum
    Talk about all the food you want
    Wrong info, and they do not always eat corn. They eat spam!

Join the craze be a Lord ken fan club member

...............SIGH. Every forum I go to, there's a bunch of idiots. Oh, and I'm in gifted, so shutup. Gifted, not Special Ed.

I,m a forum rules Nazi would this belong in off topi,c since it doesn't have anything to do with Evony.
    Grammer guides might be a good idea; but they don't help us win battles or form aliances. I fail to see how this is Evony related.

Can we post Guides on how to bake cakes in this forum now? seeing as this is allowed? The Grammer Nazi that started this thread evidently didnt read the forum rules becouse this isnt Evony related, If it is Cake baking guides should be too, they can be extremly helpfull to feeding the troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Sealim View Post
    I'm a grammar nazi, so I decided to make a guide.

First of all, the beginning of a sentence is capitalized. "R" is spelt are. Not very hard to type two extra letters. "U" is spelt you. Most people know what the following are: LOL, ROFL, OMG, BRB, GTG, and LMAO. Those are OK to use.

Second of all, don't start sentences with and, and I might not be the best example for that, because I do it a lot.

Third of all, numbers ARE NOT the same as letters.

Last of all, when you are finished with your post, use the spell check button.

Will add more later.
    If you have suggestions, please PM me.
    Spelt is a kind of flour, I think you meant to use the word spelled.

I do agree with your point of view, but you kind of failed at the execution of your post.

(Also, do not start each sentence with "(insert number) of all", it is considered poor grammar as well.)

Sorry, not intended as a flame, just making sure things are correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehaze43 View Post
    Spelt is a kind of flour, I think you meant to use the word spelled.

I do agree with your point of view, but you kind of failed at the execution of your post.

(Also, do not start each sentence with "(insert number) of all", it is considered poor grammar as well.)

Sorry, not intended as a flame, just making sure things are correct.
    "Spelt" is correct English.

He has a post like this in H&Q where pretty much the same things are said...claimin' to be a grammar nazi w/ noticably bad grammar winds up backfirin' more often than not.

Quote Originally Posted by Satan
    I said before I need to be in the top 100 players or else I won't be able to defend myself.
    You know, I don't understand your post sometimes ok? So I take it as a mean threat.

Use firefox, it checks your spelling.

Quote Originally Posted by lolword View Post
    Use firefox, it checks your spelling.
    Bet it also tells you that colour is spelt w/o a 'u'. I tend not to trust spellcheckers after america's invasion of the language...

Quote Originally Posted by Satan
    I said before I need to be in the top 100 players or else I won't be able to defend myself.
    You know, I don't understand your post sometimes ok? So I take it as a mean threat.

You can add British or American spelling into your local dictionary and use whichever you see fit since either is correct.

I really have a problem with self-proclaimed Grammar Nazis. There are allot of other reasons then being lazy or trying to act cool, for poor grammar; such as dyslexia, an unidentified learning disability, English not being the first launage, the list goes on and on. All you self-righteous, self-proclaimed Grammar Nazis do is make it harder for a person with one of these problems to post, and we will never know if they had wiser advice or a different point of view. Because a few self-important people were to lazy to read though mistakes or make the effort to try and understand the message being sent.