Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Key Issues on Combat Mechanics~

Quote Originally Posted by JPA32 View Post
    Like I stated in the other thread, Scouts no longer layer with other units, they enter battle with Transporters after the main attackers die.
    Are you sure mod?

Farming lvl 10 NPC:
    Why sending 95K archers with scouts (1K) in the rainbow reduce loss?
    While not having scouts will result in more loss?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken999 View Post
    Are you sure mod?

Farming lvl 10 NPC:
    Why sending 95K archers with scouts (1K) in the rainbow reduce loss?
    While not having scouts will result in more loss?
    Ken99, JPA, might wanna read this thread:

http://bbs.evony.com/showthread.php?t=62769

Quote Originally Posted by Shwin View Post
    How effective are cavalry when you've reduced the layering to ONLY warriors (and say the person has like 200k of them, along with 200k archers)

Would sending 100k cav (or a small layer of scouts) have any sort of effect?
    Ever wonder why they call it a rainbow?
    'Cuz there's lots of colours (layers) in a rainbow. The main reason that rainbows are so effective is because there are so many layers. When you reduce down the layers and compress all into one it actually reduces the effect.
    Mind that the reason it works is because they stop for at least one round per unit (they all move at diferent speeds so will be at different spaces in the battle) and then after killin' that unit they have to stop at the next one (already two rounds stopped) and then again at the third, fourth and fifth.
    Thas minimum of five rounds they have to stop and wait.
    When there's only one layer they only have to stop one round.

Now, if there's more in that layer it all comes down to how quickly they're able to kill that wave.
    90k cav w/ a 175atk hero will do jus' over 57m damage to those warriors. Warriors have 300 hp (w/ Medicine) so that 57m damage will kill jus' over 190k warriors in one round. The second round the warriors won't get squat damage in and will get slaughtered by the ponies.

200k warrior wave stopped cav for two rounds.
    1 warrior, 1 worker, 1 sword, 1 pike stopped the cav for four rounds.

The only time super heavy waves are useful is when they're heavy enough to seriously cause problems to the attacker; for example scoutbombin' against waves of swordsmen layers. Those sword layers are gunna absolutely decimate the scouts.
    Warriors don't do much to stop cav; those ponies are monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Satan
    I said before I need to be in the top 100 players or else I won't be able to defend myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Ken Deathmarr View Post
    You know, I don't understand your post sometimes ok? So I take it as a mean threat.

I have read that thread, also in a thread I believe was in the H&Q forum, it showed a member with 6 battle reports against a level 10 NPC, the first 3 are of importance here.

The first 2 consisted of using Pikes Cav's Cata's and Swordsmen, and the losses were roughly 6-7k

While the next report was Pikes, Cav's, Cata's, and Scouts, the losses being 22k. Same hero same defenses, nothing different on either side except for the scouts instead of the swordsmen.

If, the scouts are far less useful then the swordsmen, would the same amount truly give up an extra 15k losses?

Also, I attacked a valley to prove this theory of Scouts not participating in battle and here are the results, a level 2 swamp was the nearest thing to me and I sent out 1 scout 1 Pikeman and 15 Archers.

battle6.evony.com/default.html?logfile/20090929/2b/a2/2ba27ab7db6c5d871a590ef83edf4431.xml

The scouts survived regardless of being the fastest unit, while 1 Pikeman and one Archer died.

~~~~~

I'm going to throw some Ballistae and Transporters at a fresh level 5 NPc with a scout on board and see what occurs to further prove whether it is only valley battles that scouts do not participate in.

I have absolutely no way of explainin' why that scout survived right now. But as you see, there are reports that show that scouts act as a rainbow.

Short of a breakdown in our understandin' of the mechanics, I can only vary a guess that there is a variable that alters how scouts move; somethin' lets them move as a rainbow in some situations and makes them sit back and scratch their arses in other situations. I cannae even guess what that could be, right now...

I said before I need to be in the top 100 players or else I won't be able to defend myself.
    You know, I don't understand your post sometimes ok? So I take it as a mean threat.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbrady View Post
    I have absolutely no way of explainin' why that scout survived right now. But as you see, there are reports that show that scouts act as a rainbow.

Short of a breakdown in our understandin' of the mechanics, I can only vary a guess that there is a variable that alters how scouts move; somethin' lets them move as a rainbow in some situations and makes them sit back and scratch their arses in other situations. I cannae even guess what that could be, right now...
    Whenever I think I have the Evony mechanics down, something unexpected suddenly pops up and messes up my understanding.. Personally, that's what I like about the Evony mechanics.. Some people think it's screwed up, but I see it as a fun challenge I solve and overcome as I go..
    I agree with the variable that moves the scouts.. I'll run some tests to see what might trigger it, or if this variable is nonexistent.. Possible, it's random, which is quite unlikely.
    Quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalent View Post
    Whenever I think I have the Evony mechanics down, something unexpected suddenly pops up and messes up my understanding.. Personally, that's what I like about the Evony mechanics.. Some people think it's screwed up, but I see it as a fun challenge I solve and overcome as I go..
    I couldnae agree more. Honestly, most of my army winds up gettin' sent to their deaths on expermintal runs and deliberate suicide missions. I cannae afford to upkeep a competitive sized army to realistically fight in massive wars, but I really don't care too much; I have more fun jus' playin' w/ the system, personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalent View Post
    I agree with the variable that moves the scouts.. I'll run some tests to see what might trigger it, or if this variable is nonexistent.. Possible, it's random, which is quite unlikely.
    Doubt it's random; results are comin' back too consistantly. I jus' edited the notation again. It's lookin' like scouts sit back and humdrum when against NPCs and Valleys, but on player cities they do as they should and work like a proper layer. I'm waitin' on either findin' a test subject myself, or for someone else to post results to verify this on a larger scale than my 5k pony tests.

Darkbrady, great guide.

I noticed you didn't mention the stat of defense for units. Does the defense of a unit count as extra 'hp' or is it subtracted from the attack of an opponent every round?

Quote Originally Posted by aom12 View Post
    Darkbrady, great guide.

I noticed you didn't mention the stat of defense for units. Does the defense of a unit count as extra 'hp' or is it subtracted from the attack of an opponent every round?
    I'm not sure I follow..all the units have all their stats listed; includin' their defence values.
    If you mean fortifactions/wall defences, then only ATs have a defence value.

Defence is a damage reducer. Damage is reduced by [(def*iron workin'/20)/10]% and w/ the inclusion of some units havin' extra attack bonuses and others attack penalties.

Defence is a damage reducer. Damage is reduced by [(def*iron workin'/20)/10]% and w/ the inclusion of some units havin' extra attack bonuses and others attack penalties.
    That's what I was looking for: a formula. However, don't really understand the formula you wrote there. Could you clarify?
    Also, is that formula used every round?
    Last edited by aom12; 09-30-2009 at 04:32 AM.

Warriors have 50 base def.
    Iron Workin' gives 5% def per lv. We'll assume it's maxed.
    That makes the def*IW/20 part of it.
    50*IW/20=75 def.
    Your warrior now has 75 def.
    Final def is cut into a tenth and made into a percentage.
    75 def = 7.5% damage reduction from enemy attacks.

So if someone totals up their attack at 100 (after base, MT and hero+) then they only actually do 92.5 damage to the warrior.