Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would one capture a level 5 npc?

Default How would one capture a level 5 npc?

Seems like a quick way to start another city. I can farm it fine, but defences resprout immediately, right?

Folks talk of capturing an npc 10 but it seems like 5's would be very useful and should be a lot easier.

How would I go about doing this?

Capturing a npc5 is pointless.
    They grow food much more quickly as a barb town.

You could...
    I would.
    Still get a lower lv if you just want to get a new city without losing many troops
    get a higher lv one if you want a good city.

Nobody is answering the question...

HOW?

Quote Originally Posted by Steve55 View Post
    Nobody is answering the question...

HOW?
    Carefully.

You need to bring down the loyalty to 0. And you have to have to be able to own another city. Attack it enough to wipe out it's defenseses. Then you have to remember that every 6 seconds it recovers some 10% of its defenders and one loyalty point. So you need to keep hitting it over and over again. Eventually grievance will be high and your attacks wont do anything to loyalty. Then you wait until you think the grievance has brought it down enough and attack one last time. Its yours.

Im sure others will correct or clarify some of my points. This is very basic.
    Am I wrong? Then quote me and show me. It's how I learn. I don't really care about rep.

Quote Originally Posted by Autodefe View Post
    Eventually grievance will be high and your attacks wont do anything to loyalty.
    NPCs are different from player cities - you can keep hitting loyalty all the way to zero.
    There's none of this waiting when it gets to 15 business like in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigman View Post
    NPCs are different from player cities - you can keep hitting loyalty all the way to zero.
    There's none of this waiting when it gets to 15 business like in pvp.
    Really? Thats good to know. I always avoided NPC's to conquer for that reason. Interesting...
    Am I wrong? Then quote me and show me. It's how I learn. I don't really care about rep.

Yes, it is basic. So shoot me.

6 minutes, not 6 seconds, right?

So if I hit it with balls and wipe out defences it has none for 6 minutes?

I could slam it with waves of cavalry till the 6 mins is up, then 10% of the traps and abatis and towers return so I should schedule another wave with balls at that time then back on with cavalry until it is done?

I never capped an npc before. Baby steps and learner stuff.

I am not big yet - don't want to lose much to experimenting

Quote Originally Posted by Steve55 View Post
    6 minutes, not 6 seconds, right?
    Yup, thats what I meant.

You have 6 minuites before it regens some of it's defenses. A good idea is to have wave of cavalry ready as they move faster than anything (side scouts, but scouts suck at attacking for this purpose) so you get more shots in before the time is up.