Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Linakia (Story)

Default Linakia (Story)

((Omg, I'm writing a story! Tell me what you all think))

Chapter 1: The Beginning

In the year 3984 CoP, in the city of Bancor, of the providence of Lydia, lived a powerful mage. The mages fame was known across the land as one who was powerful, great, and mighty. The only thing odd about this mage was that she was a female, which was rare at the time. Many men frowned upon women who rose to power, and oftentimes tried to kill them. Wave after wave of assassins came at her, but because of her might, they were never able to best her, which usually resulted in their death. She was recognized by the lord of Bancor, and was invited to stay in the castle as the local mage. However, she humbly refused, saying she preferred the life of a middleclass citizen. Her name was Zula, and her beauty nearly surpassed her power.

One day, a man by the name of John Thomas came to the city. He was famous too, except his fame was from another reason - he was trained in the art of blades. He was called the Master of his Time by most people of Lydia. He carried a long sword known as Shif. Whenever he drew it, a light-blue aura emitted from it. Whenever he swung, a blue mist would linger in the spot for a couple of seconds. One day, John had decided that his days of adventuring were over and that he wanted a position in the Royal Guard. The lord heard about this, and before John even made it to the castle, the lord had already prepared an elaborate room for him. John, of course, accepted the position which was offered to him because he was going to take it anyways.

One day, at a town meeting, John friend Zach introduced him to Zula. John, of course, had heard about Zula and she, obviously, had heard about him. They connected instantly and became great friends. Every time John would go on his rounds around the city, he would stop by Zula's house and they would talk. The years passed by, and they eventually fell in love with each other. They both knew what the consequences would be if they married. John would have to give up his job in the Guard, and Zula would have to raise a child, forcing herself not to use magic. However, they ignored this because they knew they wouldn't be happy until they were together.

So they married. People from all across Lydia came to see the wedding. According to a public record from Bancor, over 5,000 people attended the ceremony. It was a wondrous event, with everything a happy couple could imagine. As the years passed by, they had a child. This child was special, but only a couple of people noticed this. This is his story.

~ ~ ~

Joe was standing on the city wall, overlooking the plains. God, it was so boring sometimes... he lit a blue ball of fire in his hands. He wasn't very good at destructive magic, but he would cast a tiny spell every once in a while to free himself from boredom. Brandon, his good and lifelong friend, walked up to him and plopped himself down on the ledge.
    "Nice weather we're having" he commented, swinging his feet back and forth. They would hit the ledge, making a clunk because of his armored boots.
    "Yeah, it adds to the boredom" complained Joe, sitting down next to him. "I can't believe we have to sit up here for the next week... why couldn't we be lucky and be put on patrol?" asked Joe, looking at Brandon.
    "Eh, it's fate I guess," chuckled Brandon, still swinging his feet.
    "Or chance" commented John, leaning against a pillar next to him. The day wasn't even half way over and he was already bored to death. It looked like they had a long week in front of them....

~ ~ ~

The sun was finally setting upon Bancor. A beautiful, red-orange glow basked the pillars along the walls. Every single person looked a little tanner at this time because of that. "Our shift is almost over" said Joe, relieved that he was about to get off. He looked across the plains. They were basked in the orange glow also. A road intertwined with the tall, lush grass, making it hard to see people most of the time. Joe looked further along the horizon to see the familiar tree line of Bazura's forest. Most people thought it to be dangerous, but Zula had told him otherwise. She said that as long as he was the son of her, then he would be safe. Joe had absolutely no idea what that meant, but he trusted his mother. There was nothing else, except for the outpost on the edge of the forest.
    "Bingo," chuckled Brandon. They heard metal boots clanging against the stone steeps. Suddenly, Joe noticed something - they weren't walking, they were running.
    "Brandon, something's wrong" said Joe, worried.
    Brandon looked up, surprised at this remark. "What do you mean?" he asked. He could see the worry lines on Joe's forehead.
    "Those guards who are coming are running" said Joe. "Something's defiantly wrong".
    "Joe, I'm sure-" Brandon was cut off when the 2 came up the stairs. They were breathing heavily from the obviously long run. "Joe, Brandon" gasped one of the knights in heavy armor.
    "What is it Jaques?" he asked. "What happened?!?" Joe was now panicking. What if a raid was happening? What if the Lord was in trouble? What if... his father was dead? Joe pondered over that one for a bit. His father was the only one he had left ever since his mother had died.
    "No time!" he gasped out. "Quickly follow me!" Even though he was extremely tired, Jaques started to run again down the stairs. Joe and Brandon began to follow him, wondering what was going on.

Read the others:
    Chapter 1
    Chapter 2
    Last edited by joemanf; 09-15-2009 at 05:36 PM.

I am a Wizard Mercenary

((I think the child should have been named Ackzuma, but that's just my opinion. ))

Prince of OTD.
    Founder of the Off-Topic and the SEUA.
    Earth Archmage of the Wizard Mercenaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Milonius View Post
    ((I think the child should have been named Ackzuma, but that's just my opinion. ))
    ((Haha, Milo...
    You've actully inspired me. I'll make Ack a character))

I am a Wizard Mercenary

((Yay! I'm inspiring! Good story so far.))

Prince of OTD.

((Rating?))

((Don't put a rating on there yet, cause you can't change it. Just say like 1/5 or 2/5...))

I am a Wizard Mercenary

((Had a couple of spelling errors, but so far I'd say a 4/5.))

Prince of OTD.

((Lol, I ain't so good at spelling ))

I am a Wizard Mercenary

((Ain't ain't a word.))

Prince of OTD.

Quote Originally Posted by Milonius View Post
    ((Ain't ain't a word.))
    ((And it ain't in the dictionary. lol))

I am a Wizard Mercenary

((Saying ain't is fun, ain't it?))

Prince of OTD.